9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Croxton
January 27, 2018, 8:01pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
Pleased to have a short chat with Nathan before the game and hope he joins if Dembele /Jones are gone. Someone asked him if he was coming back but he was non committal so we may be a bit previous.
Only heard part of JT interview in car and could not see the point of asking about Nathan. Let the club do the announcing! Spoke to a Luton fan at he petrol station. He said they could not understand why we kept so many defenders on after the sending off.
The lack of urgency or passion in the last half hour especially from Clarke and Collins underlines the need for more leadership on the pitch.
Again, much more challenging questions asked of Scunthorpe and Hull managers than by JT of RS.
Very disappointing that Wilks did not start.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 81
HertsGTFC
January 27, 2018, 8:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from chaos33

I really don't think it's worth worrying about. He's been made to look decent by the general low standards around him. He was on loan to a conference club last year. I like his efforts and he's done well this season but let's not pretend that he's a player we must retain. He's bang average for L2, which says more about those worse than him in our squad, than him!

I’d disagree but your entitled to your opinion.

Don’t lose sight that as a football club from top to bottom we are below average (at best) and maybe if your half decent you’d not sign for us anyway

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 81
chaos33
January 27, 2018, 8:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
Fair enough mate. I see your point. I think you see mine. To be fair to the player, he has done well. Perhaps the only one who has shown any consistency.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 81
LH
January 27, 2018, 9:27pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,500
Gold Stars: 173
Not too bothered either way if he signs. Just think it’s funny how according to his Lincoln song we’re “flipping shite” but every weekend he’s had off from there while we’ve played he’s been to watch us.

Not disputing that we’re flipping shite btw.
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 81
Lincoln Mariner 56
January 27, 2018, 9:29pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 73
In all honesty if Nathan were to return why keep DJ, unless we pay nothing, as he will fall even further down the pecking order. Much as I like the player when he signed for Lincoln I told my mates once every two months you will have thought he should be in the Championship, twice a month he will be average or below and once a month he will be pretty damn good, talent in abundance consistency being his downfall. Whether under instruction or not there were many occasions when he received the ball and his first instinct was to knock it back to the full back rather then attack the opposition.

That said his experience may be of great benefit and help us get those 5/6 wins we need.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 81
Maringer
January 27, 2018, 11:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,487
Gold Stars: 185
I'd be happy enough for him to rejoin. Would probably score a few goals before the end of the season which might make a difference.

A winger who knows how to play, works hard and defends well even if he's not on his game.

As for other players, I'd be staggered if anybody came in for Dembele given his form over the past couple of months. The first 3 or 4 times he got the ball today, he lost it immediately because his first touch had been so terrible. It might have been a penalty (when he was booked for simulation), but it only came about because of another terrible touch. Perhaps he'd learn from Arnold when to pass and when to dribble, because that's his biggest issue today - providing he can sort out his first touch!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 81
1mickylyons
January 29, 2018, 12:43pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
This gave me a brief hope of better days sadly it`s all quiet
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 81
Garth
January 29, 2018, 2:45pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Croxton
Pleased to have a short chat with Nathan before the game and hope he joins if Dembele /Jones are gone. Someone asked him if he was coming back but he was non committal so we may be a bit previous.
Only heard part of JT interview in car and could not see the point of asking about Nathan. Let the club do the announcing! Spoke to a Luton fan at he petrol station. He said they could not understand why we kept so many defenders on after the sending off.
The lack of urgency or passion in the last half hour especially from Clarke and Collins underlines the need for more leadership on the pitch.
Again, much more challenging questions asked of Scunthorpe and Hull managers than by JT of RS.
Very disappointing that Wilks did not start.

The only player who has felt confident in his own performance over the last ten matches to shout encouragement to the team and is fast becoming MOM every game is Summerfield, and as such IMO deserves the captaincy
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 81
moosey_club
January 29, 2018, 3:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Was hoping he would have signed by now...Killip needs a haircut for a start.  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 81
oldun
January 30, 2018, 3:55pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
If he is staying at Lincoln, why were we entertaining him so royally? We play there soon, so why give him so much info  about us?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 81
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Nathan Arnold

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.