Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Freemoash88, January 27, 2018, 3:08pm
He’s sat here upper findus just spoke to him he’s signing. Good signing or not ?
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 27, 2018, 3:10pm; Reply: 1
Good
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, January 27, 2018, 3:13pm; Reply: 2
Good if true
Posted by: OllieGTFC, January 27, 2018, 3:14pm; Reply: 3
Is he though? Or is he just saying that
Posted by: Freemoash88, January 27, 2018, 3:15pm; Reply: 4
Nah 100% confirmed Monday or Tuesday
Posted by: heppy88, January 27, 2018, 3:22pm; Reply: 5
Good signing.
Posted by: mariner91, January 27, 2018, 3:24pm; Reply: 6
Good signing. Welcome back Nath, we've missed you and you should never have left.
Posted by: chicaneuk, January 27, 2018, 3:41pm; Reply: 7
Awesome. Really happy about the news. Even if he wasn't our strongest player, he had some amazing moments and a great attitude to boot.. the club badly needs a talisman like him right now.
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 27, 2018, 3:49pm; Reply: 8
Good news indeed, welcome home Nathan.
Posted by: Ipswin, January 27, 2018, 3:50pm; Reply: 9
We don't have time (or space on the bench) for rose-tinted loyalty signings of past players.

Best just to remember Wembley and THAT goal. Comebacks (apart from the great Sir Matt) don't work. He will bring nothing that isn't in the squad already (if used properly by the Baldy One)
Posted by: mariner91, January 27, 2018, 3:51pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Ipswin
We don't have time (or space on the bench) for rose-tinted loyalty signings of past players.

Best just to remember Wembley and THAT goal. Comebacks (apart from the great Sir Matt) don't work. He will bring nothing that isn't in the squad already (if used properly by the Baldy One)

Yeah our squad is completely stuffed full of players who can beat their man and score goals.
Posted by: Hagrid, January 27, 2018, 3:54pm; Reply: 11
Just seen him going down to the exec bit.
Posted by: Ipswin, January 27, 2018, 3:59pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from mariner91

Yeah our squad is completely stuffed full of players who can beat their man and score goals.

It will be 'stuffed  full'  with one more if he returns. Forget Eastleigh and Wembley, he's not the goalscorer we need

Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, January 27, 2018, 4:00pm; Reply: 13
Great signing!
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, January 27, 2018, 4:02pm; Reply: 14
He's better than Kelly and Woolford, and if you include Hooper as a winger, he's better than 3 we currently have
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 27, 2018, 4:04pm; Reply: 15
Happy to have him on board.  Should never have been allowed to leave.
Posted by: toontown, January 27, 2018, 4:06pm; Reply: 16
Way better than kelly and woolford, different to DJ so a no brainer signing really, plainly he will improve our squad
Posted by: chaos33, January 27, 2018, 4:53pm; Reply: 17
If true, brilliant news. Should never have been allowed to leave.
Posted by: realist, January 27, 2018, 4:56pm; Reply: 18
I hope not. Always flippin living in the past this club. If he is the standard we are aspiring to we really are finished.
Posted by: lukeo, January 27, 2018, 4:57pm; Reply: 19
Regardless of him being an ex player or not he'd be a good signing. From what I see he's someone who brings positivity into the changing room and I think he's decent enough for a mid table league 2 side.
Posted by: Abdul19, January 27, 2018, 5:01pm; Reply: 20
Gives us another option alongside Dembele and Jaiyesimi, possibly more of a goal threat too.
Posted by: realist, January 27, 2018, 5:08pm; Reply: 21
Why have Lincoln offloaded him?
Posted by: Madeleymariner, January 27, 2018, 5:16pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from realist
Why have Lincoln offloaded him?

Because much as we like him he is not good enough :( I await the X
Posted by: realist, January 27, 2018, 5:18pm; Reply: 23
That is what I thought. We aspire to a play off position but sign up the reject from a play off position - if you follow my meaning.   Appears to be a panic move to me if true.
Posted by: realist, January 27, 2018, 5:21pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from lukeo
Regardless of him being an ex player or not he'd be a good signing. From what I see he's someone who brings positivity into the changing room and I think he's decent enough for a mid table league 2 side.

I really hope so but can he play hoofball? Does he have the flexibility in his neck to follow the ball? Can he get back behind the ball most of the game?  
Posted by: Sigone, January 27, 2018, 5:22pm; Reply: 25
Was told he's on transfer list, would love to sign for town but no contact from club yet.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 27, 2018, 5:47pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from realist

I really hope so but can he play hoofball? Does he have the flexibility in his neck to follow the ball? Can he get back behind the ball most of the game?  

We didn't play hoofball today, haven't for a while. We have too many midfielders who take the safe option is our problem. Don't move the ball quickly enough and the wide men don't get behind defences. The odd time they do, the delivery is dreadful. I'd take Arnold over Dembele right now as he is struggling big time.
Posted by: 28195 (Guest), January 27, 2018, 5:53pm; Reply: 27
He would certainly bring character and leadership into the team, sadly lacking now and the reason we struggle to get back into games when we go behind.
Posted by: Grimbiggs, January 27, 2018, 5:58pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from realist
That is what I thought. We aspire to a play off position but sign up the reject from a play off position - if you follow my meaning.   Appears to be a panic move to me if true.

Slades recruitment all season seems to consist of a host of panic buys, although for a short term fix I do like Arnold.

Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 27, 2018, 6:05pm; Reply: 29
Not for me. If Slade ain't picking DJ then he won't pick Nath.
Posted by: oldun, January 27, 2018, 6:08pm; Reply: 30
I think Nathan is a genuine pro with good skills. However I am not a fan of trying to recreate old flames. I think this is one where the club have found an opportunity to try to keep the fans happy. I wish him well though.
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, January 27, 2018, 6:08pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from MuddyWaters

We do need some extra bods in the building though, need to flesh out that third string a bit as their bench is looking a bit light. #Signingnumber23
Posted by: mr b, January 27, 2018, 6:09pm; Reply: 32
Will fill the space left when Dembele go’s !
Posted by: mariner91, January 27, 2018, 6:09pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Nah, a manager would have to be absolutely crackers to sign people and not play them. Next you'll be telling me that a professional (allegedly) manager would give out two year contracts to players he doesn't deem worthy of being in the match day squad.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), January 27, 2018, 6:10pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from 28195
He would certainly bring character and leadership into the team, sadly lacking now and the reason we struggle to get back into games when we go behind.

Not having a go at the lad, but I am not sure he is a leader at all. From the outside looking in, he seems very quiet. I know he has had massive problems with anxiety which must be horrible to deal with. He's pushing 31, no links with any of the squad aside from Mckeown. Remembering through rose tinted glasses is fine, but for much of the time he was in and out of games and very up and down. I am not convinced he is the answer at League two level.
Posted by: oldun, January 27, 2018, 6:13pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from 75

Not having a go at the lad, but I am not sure he is a leader at all. From the outside looking in, he seems very quiet. I know he has had massive problems with anxiety which must be horrible to deal with. He's pushing 31, no links with any of the squad aside from Mckeown. Remembering through rose tinted glasses is fine, but for much of the time he was in and out of games and very up and down. I am not convinced he is the answer at League two level.

Lincoln don't think so either.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, January 27, 2018, 6:14pm; Reply: 36
He must be wondering what he's getting himself in it, after watching that
Posted by: jimgtfc, January 27, 2018, 6:15pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from Sigone
Was told he's on transfer list, would love to sign for town but no contact from club yet.

There certainly was some ‘contact’ today after the game as a certain non chairman ushered Nathan and his partner into the boardroom with his arm around him.

He’ll be a good squad player and may lift the morale of the supporters temporarily, but unless the team can turn around this dismal run of form then I fear the memory of him in tears at Wembley will be replaced by him being part of one of the worst teams I’ve seen at Blundell Park in the 30 years I’ve been watching.

I can only hope and pray that he can spark an upturn in our fortunes once more.
Posted by: BS baffles brains, January 27, 2018, 6:23pm; Reply: 38
he must be desperate
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, January 27, 2018, 6:31pm; Reply: 39
I suspect it means Jones or Dembele havegone.
Posted by: 1542 (Guest), January 27, 2018, 6:40pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
I suspect it means Jones or Dembele havegone.

Thought this weeks ago!! Explains Jones attitude/Forn/injury.

Also Dembele really has had his foot off the gas too. Not at training because he’s probably finalising a deal. Makes sense, Malik and Nathan in before the Club announce Dembele and Jones out!!!
Posted by: Sigone, January 27, 2018, 6:43pm; Reply: 41
T.b.h they can all go, bar Summerfield. He is the only one I would genuinely feel bad about losing. Might just be saying this after today's match and feel differently tomorrow though
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 27, 2018, 6:49pm; Reply: 42
According to Slade Nathan is just a rumour and no truth in Dembele leaving for Porrtsmouth,

Don't you Believe me he said to JT,

We will see next week Slade.
Posted by: Hagrid, January 27, 2018, 6:50pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from grimsby pete
According to Slade Nathan is just a rumour and no truth in Dembele leaving for Porrtsmouth,

Don't you Believe me he said to JT,

We will see next week Slade.

Hope we dont see next week tbh. I want him gone gone gone
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 27, 2018, 7:10pm; Reply: 44
He’d have to be fukin insane to sign for us.

My dad saw him at half time and when he was asked his reply was “I’m under contract to Lincoln”.

I think it’s myth & legend TBH.
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 27, 2018, 7:32pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from Sigone
T.b.h they can all go, bar Summerfield. He is the only one I would genuinely feel bad about losing. Might just be saying this after today's match and feel differently tomorrow though

Agree with this.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 27, 2018, 7:45pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from Sigone

If we avoid the drop I’d be worried about whether Summers would re-sign for us again.

I’m sure based upon his form season to date he’ll have a few options.

Remember it’s now a tradition that our POTY leaves at the end of a season
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, January 27, 2018, 7:47pm; Reply: 47
Can someone ask him if he can bring the Cowleys' with him.  ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: chaos33, January 27, 2018, 7:54pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from HertsGTFC

If we avoid the drop I’d be worried about whether Summers would re-sign for us again.

I’m sure based upon his form season to date he’ll have a few options.

Remember it’s now a tradition that our POTY leaves at the end of a season

I really don't think it's worth worrying about. He's been made to look decent by the general low standards around him. He was on loan to a conference club last year. I like his efforts and he's done well this season but let's not pretend that he's a player we must retain. He's bang average for L2, which says more about those worse than him in our squad, than him!
Posted by: Tommy, January 27, 2018, 7:58pm; Reply: 49
As much as he'd be a fan favourite, I don't think he's at the level we need for this division.

He was lucky to keep his place in the team for the last few months of the season due to poor form. Was rightly dropped for the play off semi at Braintree.

Scored some good goals in his time with us but not consistent enough in div 5, so no reason to think he would be in div4.
Posted by: Croxton, January 27, 2018, 8:01pm; Reply: 50
Pleased to have a short chat with Nathan before the game and hope he joins if Dembele /Jones are gone. Someone asked him if he was coming back but he was non committal so we may be a bit previous.
Only heard part of JT interview in car and could not see the point of asking about Nathan. Let the club do the announcing! Spoke to a Luton fan at he petrol station. He said they could not understand why we kept so many defenders on after the sending off.
The lack of urgency or passion in the last half hour especially from Clarke and Collins underlines the need for more leadership on the pitch.
Again, much more challenging questions asked of Scunthorpe and Hull managers than by JT of RS.
Very disappointing that Wilks did not start.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 27, 2018, 8:01pm; Reply: 51
Quoted from chaos33

I really don't think it's worth worrying about. He's been made to look decent by the general low standards around him. He was on loan to a conference club last year. I like his efforts and he's done well this season but let's not pretend that he's a player we must retain. He's bang average for L2, which says more about those worse than him in our squad, than him!

I’d disagree but your entitled to your opinion.

Don’t lose sight that as a football club from top to bottom we are below average (at best) and maybe if your half decent you’d not sign for us anyway
Posted by: chaos33, January 27, 2018, 8:32pm; Reply: 52
Fair enough mate. I see your point. I think you see mine. To be fair to the player, he has done well. Perhaps the only one who has shown any consistency.
Posted by: LH, January 27, 2018, 9:27pm; Reply: 53
Not too bothered either way if he signs. Just think it’s funny how according to his Lincoln song we’re “flipping shite” but every weekend he’s had off from there while we’ve played he’s been to watch us.

Not disputing that we’re flipping shite btw.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, January 27, 2018, 9:29pm; Reply: 54
In all honesty if Nathan were to return why keep DJ, unless we pay nothing, as he will fall even further down the pecking order. Much as I like the player when he signed for Lincoln I told my mates once every two months you will have thought he should be in the Championship, twice a month he will be average or below and once a month he will be pretty damn good, talent in abundance consistency being his downfall. Whether under instruction or not there were many occasions when he received the ball and his first instinct was to knock it back to the full back rather then attack the opposition.

That said his experience may be of great benefit and help us get those 5/6 wins we need.
Posted by: Maringer, January 27, 2018, 11:54pm; Reply: 55
I'd be happy enough for him to rejoin. Would probably score a few goals before the end of the season which might make a difference.

A winger who knows how to play, works hard and defends well even if he's not on his game.

As for other players, I'd be staggered if anybody came in for Dembele given his form over the past couple of months. The first 3 or 4 times he got the ball today, he lost it immediately because his first touch had been so terrible. It might have been a penalty (when he was booked for simulation), but it only came about because of another terrible touch. Perhaps he'd learn from Arnold when to pass and when to dribble, because that's his biggest issue today - providing he can sort out his first touch!
Posted by: 1mickylyons, January 29, 2018, 12:43pm; Reply: 56
This gave me a brief hope of better days sadly it`s all quiet :-/
Posted by: Garth, January 29, 2018, 2:45pm; Reply: 57
Quoted from Croxton
Pleased to have a short chat with Nathan before the game and hope he joins if Dembele /Jones are gone. Someone asked him if he was coming back but he was non committal so we may be a bit previous.
Only heard part of JT interview in car and could not see the point of asking about Nathan. Let the club do the announcing! Spoke to a Luton fan at he petrol station. He said they could not understand why we kept so many defenders on after the sending off.
The lack of urgency or passion in the last half hour especially from Clarke and Collins underlines the need for more leadership on the pitch.
Again, much more challenging questions asked of Scunthorpe and Hull managers than by JT of RS.
Very disappointing that Wilks did not start.

The only player who has felt confident in his own performance over the last ten matches to shout encouragement to the team and is fast becoming MOM every game is Summerfield, and as such IMO deserves the captaincy
Posted by: moosey_club, January 29, 2018, 3:56pm; Reply: 58
Was hoping he would have signed by now...Killip needs a haircut for a start.  :P
Posted by: oldun, January 30, 2018, 3:55pm; Reply: 59
If he is staying at Lincoln, why were we entertaining him so royally? We play there soon, so why give him so much info  about us?
Posted by: jonnyboy82, January 30, 2018, 4:19pm; Reply: 60
Let's be honest dembele has been massively overhyped after a few good games ..

Can't blame anyone though as all town fans are just looking for someone to be that spark for us.

I like dembele but the thought of clubs queuing up fighting for his signature is something I can't see tbh as bar a few decent games he is just a half decent league 2 winger playing in a excrement team.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 30, 2018, 7:59pm; Reply: 61
Might not be much end product (but in this team could there be?) but he's one of the few players who have made me get out of my seat in recent years.
Posted by: forza ivano, January 30, 2018, 8:09pm; Reply: 62
Wonder if he's having second thoughts right now..
Posted by: Croxton, January 30, 2018, 8:17pm; Reply: 63
Rose barely deserved his place after Saturday. Slade should fine him if commentary is correct. You just know he will put Woolford in over Clifton on Saturday!
Posted by: marinerrick, January 31, 2018, 2:11pm; Reply: 64
Just been informed the gimps have signed another winger so no room for Nathan there
Posted by: Meza, January 31, 2018, 3:26pm; Reply: 65
Tom Pett ive heard.  
Posted by: Father Christmas, January 31, 2018, 3:30pm; Reply: 66
Been plastered over the bbc for last 2 hours
Posted by: Hagrid, January 31, 2018, 3:30pm; Reply: 67
Quoted from Meza
Tom Pett ive heard.  

hardly heard its been confirmed  ;)
Posted by: Civvy at last, January 31, 2018, 4:00pm; Reply: 68
Quoted from Meza
Tom Pett ive heard.  

Let’s hope he doesn’t end up breaking our hearts  ;)
Posted by: Davec, January 31, 2018, 4:03pm; Reply: 69
Quoted from Civvy at last

He couldn't if he tried? 😉

Edit- am I thinking of a different song
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 31, 2018, 4:06pm; Reply: 70
This thread is free fallin
Posted by: hheh2, January 31, 2018, 4:07pm; Reply: 71
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
This thread is free fallin

This club is free fallin
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 31, 2018, 4:10pm; Reply: 72
In fact, John Fenty could actually be tom petty on stars in their eyes :

I won't back down
Free fallin
Running down a dream
You wreck me
It's good to be king
Posted by: ginnywings, January 31, 2018, 4:23pm; Reply: 73
Breakdown.
Posted by: Civvy at last, January 31, 2018, 4:41pm; Reply: 74
:-/
Quoted from Davec

He couldn't if he tried? 😉

Edit- am I thinking of a different song

Yes mate. It was a cryptic musical pun. But not  that song.
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 31, 2018, 6:51pm; Reply: 75
Arnold apparently signing for Tranmere on loan according to a few posts I've seen on Facebook.

No idea how true it is though.
Posted by: lee65, January 31, 2018, 6:57pm; Reply: 76
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
In fact, John Fenty could actually be tom petty on stars in their eyes :

I won't back down
Free fallin
Running down a dream
You wreck me
It's good to be king

I wish he would clear off "in to the great wide open"

Posted by: cmackenzie4, January 31, 2018, 7:07pm; Reply: 77
Quoted from Civvy at last

He was just a face in the crowd. ;)
Posted by: Les Brechin, February 1, 2018, 7:13am; Reply: 78
So what happened with Nathan then, has he gone anywhere?
Posted by: bradzmilne, February 1, 2018, 10:13am; Reply: 79
Quoted from Les Brechin
So what happened with Nathan then, has he gone anywhere?

Not as far as I'm aware.

He can still sign for a conference club on loan though.
Posted by: Abdul19, February 1, 2018, 10:16am; Reply: 80
I'm guessing a Conference club will wait a week or so now, so that the 93 day loan includes the playoff final.
Posted by: Les Brechin, February 1, 2018, 10:50am; Reply: 81
Quoted from Abdul19
I'm guessing a Conference club will wait a week or so now, so that the 93 day loan includes the playoff final.

It'll be Tranmere I reckon, from what I've seen online.
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 7:51pm