FishOutOfWater
January 14, 2018, 1:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Come on John you know what’s best for the club in the short, medium and long term.

Sorry but I don’t have the same confidence in him that you do HertsGTFC.  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 10 - 17
Kris2
January 14, 2018, 1:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from HertsGTFC

What do you do p1ss gate money away or pay off a manager and his assistant? The latter can be easily replaced getting people back to BP will be an even bigger challenge.

Come on John you know what’s best for the club in the short, medium and long term.

Problem is he'd need to be paid off to cancel his contract and we don't know what his contract contains. It all comes down to money when it comes to getting rid of one manager and bringing in another. We just did this last season. Slade was a mistake but both of them are probably planning to ride out the season and hope for the best. Slade likely plans to resign if we get relegated.

As long as this mess carries on and we keep changing managers, having too big a squad and falling down the league it'll become harder and harder to attract the players we need and we already can't afford them as it is. Nobody wants to play for us even the players we have. Does anyone really know what's best for the club anymore?
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 17
Bigdog
January 14, 2018, 2:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Short Term

Sack Slade
Appoint someone else to make the football decisions
Put the club openly up for sale
Accept your decisions have affected the value of your "investment"
Ask the right amount for a club that on paper is at least £1/2m in debt
Sell the club as soon as possible on better terms for the investor than have been requested

Medium Term

Watch the games as a fan

Long Term

Watch the games as a fan
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 17
HertsGTFC
January 14, 2018, 2:19pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Bigdog

Short Term

Sack Slade
Appoint someone else to make the football decisions
Put the club openly up for sale
Accept your decisions have affected the value of your "investment"
Ask the right amount for a club that is on paper at least £1/2m in debt
Sell the club as soon as possible on better terms than have been requested

Medium Term

Watch the games as a fan

Long Term

Watch the games as a fan

Sounds good to me.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 17
January 14, 2018, 2:37pm
Guest User
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Sounds good to me.

Yep, gets my vote as well. I’d also consider if he could survive another relegation from the football league, would he have the drive to do that again? I can see it coming, I really can and I despair.

Just go John, please for all of our sakes. Yours as well.
Reply: 14 - 17
Badger57
January 14, 2018, 4:05pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,896
Gold Stars: 30
At the end of the day John's pretty much made a complete hash of things and he's not likely to suddenly start getting things right after all this time. Slade was a completely terrible choice for a manager because of his past at the club and because his method (can't bring myself to say style) of statistics based football is a) boring beyond belief, b) outdated and c) hugely unpopular. Oh, and it doesn't work. Having said that I do feel slightly sorry for John as Slade was probably seen, even by those who can't stand him myself included, that he was a safe pair of hands. The addition of Wilko gave further belief that we could get things back on an even keel and give a firm base for the future of the club. However, it just hasn't happened at all so things are worse, much worse than most would have thought possible. In fact it's all been an unmitigated disaster and we are deep deep in the brown stuff. Some thing's got to give and it's got to give NOW. Tick tock John, tick tock.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 17
lew chaterleys lover
January 14, 2018, 4:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,712
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from 75

Yep, gets my vote as well. I’d also consider if he could survive another relegation from the football league, would he have the drive to do that again? I can see it coming, I really can and I despair.

Just go John, please for all of our sakes. Yours as well.

When we last went down to non league, he talked a good game and did nowt. He kept Woods as manager for a start, and never provided us with enough investment to get the best players even at that level. You only need to see where we finished in the non league table each season to see that.

He never has had any drive in the important areas of manager and player recruitment; or fan engagement, or PR or anything else for that matter, so yes I agree that Fenty should call it a day, and accept he will have to lose some of his money for the good of the club. He won't of course, and therein lies the problem.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 17
friskneymariner
January 14, 2018, 4:38pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Dear Mr Fenty, people would respect you far more if you would hold up your hands and acknowledge you had made a mistake in appointing Slade.

Instead you keep denying  the undeniable and as a result, alienating a significant proportion of your paying customers.

Time to bite the bullet acknowledge Slade was the wrong person,and starting working with the fans to make this club great again. There is more accumulated knowledge (both football and non football) amongst the fanbase than the so called advisors you are relying upon.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 17
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Losing the Faith - Please act NOW John

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.