Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Losing the Faith - Please act NOW John
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 419 Guests

Losing the Faith - Please act NOW John

This thread currently has 2,937 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
January 14, 2018, 9:33am
Guest User
Whilst I appreciate the situation that we are in may be quite difficult to remove in an instant, due to financial implications involved but you really do have to take stock and act now John.

The medium of Social media has gone in to hysteria about the situation that we are in right now. Yes, I agree it’s probably made worse because of this but it is clear that you are ‘losing those faithful fans’ far quicker than you are encouraging any new ones. Basic Maths will tell you that, unless you act now, ST sales for 2018/19 are going to be drastically lower, if not a new LOW record. This is not a good place to be for the future of this Club.

Looking back on the Club, Team and fan base from just over 12 months ago, this ‘community spirit’ has all but gone. It breaks my heart to learn of fans staying away or throwing away STs, Fans that have supported Town for 2,3,4,5,6 Decades. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, Stop the rot now.

For the first time in a long time, the fans are unanimous. Slade has to go!!  There is no reason that this situation cannot be turned on it’s head and put a positive spin on things as we recommence the building process. Mini ST for 4 games etc etc for Operation rebuild.

Don’t rush into a New Manager just because of the Transfer Window. Dave Moore will steer the Good Ship Mariner until such time that the right candidate is selected. One thing I do believe is that this group of players ARE good enough to get some resilts, with the correct Motivation.

UTM!!

Let’s get rid and put the ‘Mighty’ back in Mariners again.
January 14, 2018, 9:37am
Guest User
With a squad the size of ours, Dave Moore is far too busy as a physio to take on a caretaker manager role 😂😂
Reply: 1 - 17
gtfcmd
January 14, 2018, 10:44am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +210
Gold Stars: 3
should go back to 442 or 433 basic football rather than stupid formations
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 17
RoboCod
January 14, 2018, 10:53am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from gtfcmd
should go back to 442 or 433 basic football rather than stupid formations

Slade did say we were going back to basics. Not sure quite what it meant when he said it and even more confused after our game yesterday, the first to (possibly) utilise this new approahc? I've a feeling he was just saying the first thing that came into his head, interviews are becoming ever more prickly and insipid but unavoidable by the Management, I just wonder how the team talk in the dressing room is received.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 17
HertsGTFC
January 14, 2018, 11:00am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,648
Gold Stars: 217
How much do you reckon we have lost in the last 2 home games?

So I saw something in here saying the average salary at a L2 player is £45k.

So 17 players in the squad on the day, the wider squad members playing/non playing staff etc... I would imagine that the wage bill is in excess of £30k per week minimum and that’s without NI/Pens/insurance etc...

We have what 2800 STH? if 20% of them didn’t show up yesterday that leaves the club selling under 1,000 tickets tops and I’m being optimistic which would indicate we are losing at least 10K minimum a game when the gates are so low.

What do you do p1ss gate money away or pay off a manager and his assistant? The latter can be easily replaced getting people back to BP will be an even bigger challenge.

Come on John you know what’s best for the club in the short, medium and long term.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 17
Zmariner
January 14, 2018, 11:06am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,067
Gold Stars: 43
When I saw Vernon and Woolford in the starting line up yesterday I nearly decided to go home. I really wish that I had
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 17
friskneymariner
January 14, 2018, 11:46am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from 120790
With a squad the size of ours, Dave Moore is far too busy as a physio to take on a caretaker manager role 😂😂

You mean with a squad as old as ours,

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 17
lew chaterleys lover
January 14, 2018, 12:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,547
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from 1542
Whilst I appreciate the situation that we are in may be quite difficult to remove in an instant, due to financial implications involved but you really do have to take stock and act now John.

The medium of Social media has gone in to hysteria about the situation that we are in right now. Yes, I agree it’s probably made worse because of this but it is clear that you are ‘losing those faithful fans’ far quicker than you are encouraging any new ones. Basic Maths will tell you that, unless you act now, ST sales for 2018/19 are going to be drastically lower, if not a new LOW record. This is not a good place to be for the future of this Club.

Looking back on the Club, Team and fan base from just over 12 months ago, this ‘community spirit’ has all but gone. It breaks my heart to learn of fans staying away or throwing away STs, Fans that have supported Town for 2,3,4,5,6 Decades. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, Stop the rot now.

For the first time in a long time, the fans are unanimous. Slade has to go!!  There is no reason that this situation cannot be turned on it’s head and put a positive spin on things as we recommence the building process. Mini ST for 4 games etc etc for Operation rebuild.

Don’t rush into a New Manager just because of the Transfer Window. Dave Moore will steer the Good Ship Mariner until such time that the right candidate is selected. One thing I do believe is that this group of players ARE good enough to get some resilts, with the correct Motivation.

UTM!!

Let’s get rid and put the ‘Mighty’ back in Mariners again.

Whats the point? Until Fenty goes we are always going to be held back. There is a track record of abject failure in every aspect of running the club.

Yes a new manager would give us a short term boost, but in the great scheme of things, what good is that? What if half the fans don't like the choice of the new manager? In actual fact the only thing I don't blame Fenty for is the choice of managers, barring Woods and Rodger. It is a gamble to ever get the right man, but it is what happens after his appointment is the problem. When we get a decent manager we manage to alienate them, until the whole dreary business starts again.

It is hard to see Slade recovering from here, but I see no chance at all of a leopard (Fenty) changing his spots. He is one of those infuriating people who think by saying the right things will make it happen.

We need new owners and a new manager to work in tandem, but until that day comes we will just keep bumbling along, sadly.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 17
MuddyWaters
January 14, 2018, 12:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
It's alright - and I agree with you, by the way - wanting to sack Slade, but he's not the main problem, is he?
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 17
OneLove
January 14, 2018, 1:15pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
give it disley! experience or not this bloke understands the club better than what planet zonk head does
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 17
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Losing the Faith - Please act NOW John

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.