3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
friskneymariner
January 8, 2018, 3:04pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
If Slade is still manager tonight all I can say is this club has a death wish,guarantees sub 3000 gate on Saturday.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 25
fleabag1970
January 8, 2018, 3:08pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
It tells me that the board are happy with mid table in lg 2 .... they deserve relegation again if that is the case .

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 25
Marinerz93
January 8, 2018, 3:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Marley probably started talking and they are still asleep.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 25
barralad
January 8, 2018, 5:41pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Civvy at last
I think both Slade and Wilkinson need to be addressing the attitude of the players during the match.
They might well be working hard in training but the proof of the pudding is during a game.  I wasn't there on Saturday, but those who I have spoken to seem to think there is not much of a positive effort going on.  I don't care if the players don't like their roll or how they are told to play, (even though I probably agree with them).  They should be giving 100% at all times.  I personally don't buy this 'we only want players who will play for the sirt' attitude.  If they don't actually come from round here why would they.  What they should be doing, however, is playing for personal pride and that in itself should be 100%.  If the board have decided that RS and PW are to continue, it's no good just giving them a couple of quid to bring in one or two mediocre players.  They need to address why the ones we have are underperforming.

I was there and "lack of effort" wasn't a problem. Basically no-one wants to shoot. Players get caught in two minds about which pass to play and get closed down but the effort was there in my view.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 25
FishOutOfWater
January 8, 2018, 5:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from jimgtfc
It’s the first working Monday of the month so surely this is just a normal meeting. The agenda however, might not be.

I heard earlier the first Monday of the New Year is the day when there are more divorces filed than any other time.... seems like JF & RS have decided to give it one more try before they part ways  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 24 - 25
rancido
January 8, 2018, 7:43pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from 1mickylyons
Quite possibly discussing an offer for Dembele and should they cash in now which could fund Slade with a war chest?

I wouldn't trust Slade to buy a blanket chest from a charity shop. He would probably end up buying one that he had owned before.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 25
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Board Meeting Today

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.