Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Board Meeting Today
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 204 Guests

Board Meeting Today

This thread currently has 6,241 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
January 8, 2018, 9:25am
Guest User
Not sure if I am reading two much into this, or if I am adding 2+2 up to 5. But I cannot imagine that transfer activity on a given day is usually sanctioned around a board meeting. I would imagine that any board discussions regarding regarding expenditure in the January transfer window, would have been likely to have taken place in December.

I might be wrong though.

So I wonder if today's board meeting is an ordinary scheduled board meeting, or if it is a meeting to discuss the future of Russell Slade and Wilco?
MuddyWaters
January 8, 2018, 9:28am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from 120790
Not sure if I am reading two much into this, or if I am adding 2+2 up to 5. But I cannot imagine that transfer activity on a given day is usually sanctioned around a board meeting. I would imagine that any board discussions regarding regarding expenditure in the January transfer window, would have been likely to have taken place in December.

I might be wrong though.

So I wonder if today's board meeting is an ordinary scheduled board meeting, or if it is a meeting to discuss the future of Russell Slade and Wilco?

The way you've been posting, I thought you would have had the agenda!
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 25
LH
January 8, 2018, 9:31am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,462
Gold Stars: 172
Do boards not meet regularly anyway? I don’t know much about business but surely they would meet after a home game to discuss the financial aspects of how the previous match went?
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 25
Tommy
January 8, 2018, 9:45am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Slade mentioned in either his pre-match or post-match interview (cant remember which) that "we have a board meeting on Monday" so it was always planned anyway it's not an emergency meeting that's been called like some are making out.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 25
January 8, 2018, 9:47am
Guest User
Quoted from MuddyWaters

The way you've been posting, I thought you would have had the agenda!

What, you genuinely think that I have some sort of connection to the board or to John Fenty? That is hilarious
Reply: 4 - 25
OllieGTFC
January 8, 2018, 9:48am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
Quoted from Garth
Slade and Wilco going nowhere, board and managers appreciate fans concern and are acting accordingly. Signings to be made this month to correct the situation and Russell is striving to get players who are not playing out on lone to help their playing future and the clubs finances.
The board of directors and managers still have the playoffs as their number one target.

And the rest of you ----- If you don't like it don't kin come

Well said 👏

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 25
January 8, 2018, 9:51am
Guest User
Quoted from OllieGTFC

Well said 👏

Whoosh!
Reply: 6 - 25
MuddyWaters
January 8, 2018, 9:54am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from 120790

What, you genuinely think that I have some sort of connection to the board or to John Fenty? That is hilarious

Irony is clearly lost on some people.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 25
Marinerz93
January 8, 2018, 10:20am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Garth
Slade and Wilco going nowhere, board and managers appreciate fans concern and are acting accordingly. Signings to be made this month to correct the situation and Russell is striving to get players who are not playing out on lone to help their playing future and the clubs finances.
The board of directors and managers still have the playoffs as their number one target.

I've got some unicorn excrement for sale if you believe that.

And the rest of you ----- If you don't like it don't kin come

Over 2,500 people must have watched that video on youtube and taken Scotts advice.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 25
jimgtfc
January 8, 2018, 10:21am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,074
Gold Stars: 44
It’s the first working Monday of the month so surely this is just a normal meeting. The agenda however, might not be.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 25
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Board Meeting Today

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.