Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just out of curiosity?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 294 Guests

Just out of curiosity?

This thread currently has 4,983 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
lukeo
December 30, 2017, 8:11pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
Not a St holder but now scribbled out the 4 away games I had planned to go to. I will only go if things change dramatically
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 39
psgmariner
December 30, 2017, 9:42pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Apropos nothing I can't stand those fickle Lincoln fans who only go when they win.

Private Message
Reply: 21 - 39
Davec
December 30, 2017, 10:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
No, I wiLloyd pick and chose my games from now on. I also used to go to 70% away games but this season I've only been to Mansfield, port Vale and Notts County, I don't know when my next one will be. Even having 2nd thoughts about Lincoln away.

It looks like Season ticket sales will drop drastically next season so Fenty will know how the fans are feeling about things but having said that he will probably say that most fans have been bullied not to buy season tickets so he won't take into account the season ticket sales.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 39
marinernige
December 30, 2017, 10:12pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +578
Gold Stars: 17
Stk holder , but under the present regime , i won't be renewing , feel like the club/team,that i've loved and followed for nearly 50 years are having the life sucked out of it,
Last season attended 40 out of 46 matches , i haven't been away since Exeter , and only attending home matches now because of having a stk , but leaving totally numb and not great to live with (apologies to my wife and family) as my daughter said on the way home today,maybe its time i stopped going , think she's right .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 39
Zmariner
December 30, 2017, 10:16pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,127
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from 75
Put it this way, I have a season ticket but I didn't go today. A little under the weather but I could have ambled down there, just didn't really want to. I'm at the end of my tether.

Exactly the same for me , a season ticket cannot get me there! I listened on the radio , one of the worst benches I ever recall us having. Woolford, Vernon.......  slade signings Kelly, Hooper.,Dixon, even to some degree Clarke only Dembele shines. I thought Slade would do well but massively disappointed utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 39
marinernige
December 30, 2017, 10:22pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +578
Gold Stars: 17
Agreed with mom , thought Luke Summerfield worked his soaks off only one trying to drive the team on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 39
lew chaterleys lover
December 30, 2017, 10:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Well if we all stop going we will become even more tinpot than we are now.

We are all disappointed, but I prefer to show my displeasure at the games (or roar my approval)

That is why I don't agree with those who say we shouldn't boo or make our feelings known at the matches - better that than sounding off on here or worse not going at all.

Mind you I have low expectations - I realised a long time ago that we will just be plodding along till Fenty goes.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 39
TAGG
December 30, 2017, 10:31pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
Three of us ST holders after the game said we would probably not get one next season if Slade & Wilko are still in charge.
I can see just over 1000 STs sold next season and crowds down to around 2500/3000 mark if things don't change at the top and if Slade & Wilko are still around.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 39
promotion plaice
December 30, 2017, 10:42pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,049
Gold Stars: 197

We are only 6 points off a play-off spot so we could still get promoted.

I've had a drink  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 39
thevera
December 31, 2017, 7:43am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +991
Gold Stars: 5
Slade has got previous with a large number of Town fans including me  and for that reason i am sorry John it was a bad appointment. It was always going to be a huge task for him to win over those fans and in the time he has been here nothing points to him achieving that. At this moment in time, and i have felt this way for a couple of months now, there is no way i will be renewing with him at the club.
I will pick and choose games and if things look a whole lot better this time next year I will get a half season ticket if they offer them. It will hurt and I would hope to be back full time soon but the danger is I may get out the habit and with many others could be lost forever. Doubt it will happen but as I say that's the danger.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 39
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just out of curiosity?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.