Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just out of curiosity?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 335 Guests

Just out of curiosity?

This thread currently has 4,980 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
friskneymariner
December 30, 2017, 7:24pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
After 27 years I have already made the decision I will not renew my season ticket next season.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 39
LH
December 30, 2017, 7:33pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,503
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from friskneymariner
After 27 years I have already made the decision I will not renew my season ticket next season.

Was that the decision for the 91/92 season or this coming one?
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 39
sam gy
December 30, 2017, 7:34pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,477
Gold Stars: 55
Just out of curiosity, would this topic and these responses have been posted a week ago?

Genuine question, not being narky.

I think right now we’re a mid table team with a mid table budget...sometimes we look ok, others we look absolutely crap.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 39
TheCodfather1966
December 30, 2017, 7:35pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: -633
Its a no from me if Slade is still here. I love the club, but hate the Board and the way the club is run.  Slade is a joke of a manager and should never have been brought back to the club in the first place.  Feel good factor at this club is 0%.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 39
Tradjazz
December 30, 2017, 7:36pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: -38
Grandson has already given up the ghost and refuses to go. So that's one seat in the Upper that won't be renewed. As for myself, I am seriously considering giving up as I am not enjoying anything at the moment. There's loads of live football on TV on a Saturday afternoon including all Premiership 3:00 kickoffs if you know how.

Thank you Mr Corbyn (Steptoe), you are the best thing that has happened to the Conservatives for ages.
Private Message Skype
Reply: 14 - 39
ginnywings
December 30, 2017, 7:49pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,111
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from sam gy
Just out of curiosity, would this topic and these responses have been posted a week ago?

I think right now we’re a mid table team with a mid table budget...sometimes we look ok, others we look absolutely crap.

I'd already decided before today. I don't like the Slade brand of 'football' and didn't last time but we were just coming to our second season back in the league and i thought the club needed the money up front for the budget despite my dislike of the manager. I stumped up for a season ticket but soon regretted it as the football is just as one dimensional as i remember. Recent events on and off the pitch have just confirmed to me that the club just never get it right and i think they have treated the fans with contempt more than once. I can still hear Jacob Marley telling us to shut up among other atrocious things that have happened recently. It's not all related to Slade and the football on offer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 39
MuddyWaters
December 30, 2017, 7:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from sam gy

I'll answer your question with pleasure.

We've produced, at best, average performances most of the season, particularly at home. Our board seem intent on mid-table mediocrity, they've employed a manager whose middle name is 'mundane' and the club seems to allow players to come & go as they please. For my money (times three - I pay for three!), I'm fed up with watching players with loads of ability such as Sam Jones stroll around like lazy-arsed fuckwits because they are being told to play percentage football. Remember Crawley, Colchester and others at home - all poor games with little atmosphere - no attacking intent other than pass to Dembele and see what he can do. We subbed our best attacking threat today (DJ) - WTF is going on?
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 39
December 30, 2017, 8:00pm
Guest User
Put it this way, I have a season ticket but I didn't go today. A little under the weather but I could have ambled down there, just didn't really want to. I'm at the end of my tether.
Reply: 17 - 39
HertsGTFC
December 30, 2017, 8:04pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from ginnywings

I'd already decided before today. I don't like the Slade brand of 'football' and didn't last time but we were just coming to our second season back in the league and i thought the club needed the money up front for the budget despite my dislike of the manager. I stumped up for a season ticket but soon regretted it as the football is just as one dimensional as i remember. Recent events on and off the pitch have just confirmed to me that the club just never get it right and i think they have treated the fans with contempt more than once. I can still hear Jacob Marley telling us to shut up among other atrocious things that have happened recently. It's not all related to Slade and the football on offer.

Pretty similar to me Ginny, I was embarrassed to be a Town supporter watching the fans forum debacle and still feel quite flat after half a dozen of our “top boys” who go away tried to pick a fight with my lad at Notts County. They couldn’t argue with any Country fans so turned on their own - again!

I can live with the football not being great as things go in cycles but there is an apathy throughout our club at the moment which is spreading so quickly that I don’t look forward to going some weeks at the moment.

Lots of things associated with GTFC are completely rudderless TBH. Nothing is getting dealt with or moved forward.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 39
RoboCod
December 30, 2017, 8:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
They should halve the players wages, season tickets and on the day admission prices while the goal difference is zero or less.
Honestly don't see anything else giving this shower of shite the wake up call they require.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 39
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just out of curiosity?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.