This thread currently has 12,793 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
oldun
December 30, 2017, 6:28pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Dreadful performance all round. What bothers me is I cannot see how things will change. We will plod along in mid table nicking the odd result here and there. The fact we have only scored 0 or 1 in half our games clearly is well below what is needed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 83
Skrill
December 30, 2017, 6:31pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +6 / -6
Approval: +604
Our ball retention was awful. The thing is I think we have 'better' players than Stanley. The difference was that their players had cohesion and synergy, they believed in their manager..

[tweet]316134373063806976[/tweet]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 83
TAGG
December 30, 2017, 6:33pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
It was excrement.
What worrys me the most is that was probably our best starting eleven!!!!

I don't know about anyone else but it just reminded me of the set up and tactics PE Teaches give you when your about ten year old.
We had no spark no will to win no nothing.
What has happened to Jones??
A bit of advice for Dembelli. Go now if you can because Slade will ruin your career.

FFS Fenty put that 250k back in the club so you can pay Slade and Wilko off now.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 83
Meza
December 30, 2017, 6:39pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,639
Gold Stars: 50
The problem is the management for me.  Nobody is warming to Slade and gates are only going to fall.  Next season will be worse....for me it makes more sense to get rid and get someone else in who has passion.  Are the players showing passion?  

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 83
golfer
December 30, 2017, 6:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 116
I say it every week-we do o.k. in first half and then lose the plot straight after half time. So what happens at half time. They get a warm,a nice drink,maybe a wee wee,possibly a change of strip and then last but not least aSlade tactical team talk-I don't think it's the wee wee so get it fking sorted Slade. Absolutely embarrassing
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 83
fleabag1970
December 30, 2017, 6:44pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
If things don't improve on and off the pitch the season ticket sales for next season will be 1500 at best . This is when Jf will react ..... 4000 for a mid Xmas game is urine poor .

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 83
golfer
December 30, 2017, 6:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 116
Osborne-your 24 hour call sir. No need to call back here,get on yer bike and peddle to Crewe PS Its downhill all the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 83
ginnywings
December 30, 2017, 6:56pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,124
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from golfer
I say it every week-we do o.k. in first half and then lose the plot straight after half time. So what happens at half time. They get a warm,a nice drink,maybe a wee wee,possibly a change of strip and then last but not least aSlade tactical team talk-I don't think it's the wee wee so get it fking sorted Slade. Absolutely embarrassing

We forgot to do the OK first half this time and just went straight to being even more sh1t second half.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 83
Mrbump53
December 30, 2017, 7:01pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +335
Gold Stars: 11
A frustrating day today. It’s something when JJ wins more headers than Jones in the match! Think Jones has not really been interested in the last few games, doesn’t track back when needs to, poor choices and poor positioning. Think he needs a rest. Still cannot understand the defending at corners as was demonstrated when SD got the ball had no one to release it to so booted it down the field to give them a throw in. Also ref lost my vote after getting suckered into giving them a penalty and then not giving one when Town players were hauled to the floor.

Think we need some of our loanees back but also a striker that can hold the ball and doesn’t overthink before having a shot. Also today showed how slow our defence is so need some younger defenders. Oh and some different tactics. So not much to change!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 83
mariner91
December 30, 2017, 7:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,643
Gold Stars: 261
Well that was dreadful. Started the first ten minutes fairly brightly but beyond that we were just dire.

We have some no pace and no creativity. Limited game plan that isn't particularly cohesive (no runners from midfield a la Bolland when we played Sladeball previously and no chance of reaching flick ons as we have no pace.). And when our only creative spark is kept quiet like Dembele was today by their full back then we're hopeless. We could have played until next Saturday and I doubt we'd have produced a chance of note.

Killip: Could have done better with the third goal, shouldn't be beaten at the near post. Get the impression that the defence don't trust him much and that's not good for decision making etc.

Mills: Limping for a lot of the game. Not too much wrong defensively but should have done a lot better early on when a half decent touch would have put him clean through after our only good move of the game. Instead he nearly put it out of play despite receiving it 20 yards from goal.

Clarke: Not too bad but could have dealt with Kee better I thought.

Collins: A fading force in my opinion, I think time is catching up with him. Terrible defending for the third goal and not overly dominant all game. Needs to sort out his boots as well as he's slipped at least four times in the past two games that I've seen and sooner or later that will cost us.

Davies: Fairly solid but it limits us going forward on the left having a full back and winger who don't want to go on their left foot if they can avoid it. But when the alternative is Dixon and Woolford then I suppose you have to make do.

Dembele: Not a great game IMO. Poor decision making at times and didn't get any change from their full back who dealt with him quite comfortably. Still our biggest threat but that's because we've got nothing else.

Summerfield: Puts in the effort and ticks things over but is often given horrible passes from the defence to work with. Lack of movement ahead of him also makes it difficult.

Rose: Same as Summerfield but gave it away cheaply trying to do turns in daft areas. Never looks fully comfortable on the ball.

DJ: Did more in five minutes than Woolford did in 90 on Tuesday and is still our best option there but again, needs to improve decision making.

Matt: Battles and puts in the effort and is our most effective striker. However, Gary Jones he ain't and it's really telling that he's the only one that seems to cause any problems.

Jones: What has happened to him? Doesn't seem to care. Movement is shocking because he's stationary and he takes an age on the ball trying to be clever and invariably loses it. Once he's seen his arse he doesn't pass and frankly is a waste of a position. No doubt he has the ability and raw materials to be a good player at this level but until he puts in the effort, starts to make some smart runs and learns to play it simply more often than not he won't be anywhere near as effective as he should be and that's a real shame.

Subs:

Hooper:  Pretty rubbish. Looks to shoot every time and is another who is completely stationary off the ball.

Berrett: Meh.

Cardwell: Made about the only decent run all game late on which forced a save from the keeper. He's deceptively quick as well. Not lightning but certainly quicker than all our other strikers. Put himself about and it surprises me that he's not seen as worthy of  a place on the bench normally. I'd start him next game as it's not like our other strikers haven't had the chances to impress and none have.

Plan A is rubbish. Long ball can work if it's done properly but we're not doing it properly. Beyond that our main problems are lack of movement and lack of thinking/making the right decisions. Accy weren't particularly good but that was embarrassingly easy for them second half. The penalty looked soft and the second came from a throw that was wrongly awarded to them but it would be an injustice to them to say that it changed the game. They deserved to win because we were awful. The fact that their fanbase is half the size of ours is embarrassing. Either we're doing everything completely on the cheap or Slade is wasting wages on players who aren't good enough. I reckon it's probably a combination of the two to be honest. The fans will vote with their feet and I wouldn't be surprised if we see a sub 3000 crowd soon unless there is a reaction at Crewe. Really not impressed and I'm quite glad I'm back in London tomorrow so won't be able to go to a game again until Crawley.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 83
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.