9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
December 31, 2017, 5:54pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Ipswin

Frankly I'm still trying to see the real difference between the conference and Div 4 apart from the 'Football League status' thingy which seemed to bother many, the  footy was entertaining, we won a lot of games, away clubs and their stewards were in the main far more welcoming. Whats not to like?

I'd much rather be top 6 Conference than bottom half Div 4. Pompey have gone , Luton are going so apart from Coventry there are no 'bigger' clubs to see, the rest of Div 4 are pretty much the same dross as the Conference, in fact there are a lot of 'Div 4' teams down there.

We were in a division where 2 went up and 4 went down. We're now in one where 4 go up and 2 go down. I know where I'd rather be!

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 50 - 80
ginnywings
December 31, 2017, 5:59pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,124
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Time has told - fifteen years of it. When Mr Potato Head was last here, we were looking at going up to League 1 - now the ambition seems to be limited to ensuring we don't go down again. That lack of ambition comes from the top - let's not be afraid to say it.

Yeah, but i'm not going back 15 years. I'm saying that League 2 is better than non league. What went before is irrelevant now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 80
MuddyWaters
December 31, 2017, 6:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,240
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from ginnywings

Yeah, but i'm not going back 15 years. I'm saying that League 2 is better than non league. What went before is irrelevant now.

I don't think it is irrelevant. I think the club and particularly the fans have learned how crap non-league is - when Slade was last here, non-league was unthinkable. What has happened in the interim has to affect what happens now.
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 80
forza ivano
December 31, 2017, 6:18pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,170
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Go back 10 league games - won 3 drew 3 lost 4,   or last 4 games - Won 0 drew 2 lost 2, we can pick out any particular group of matches to make stats look better or worse, its the stats for every game we have played in the season that matter and they dont look great

So comfortably mid table = don't look great    In your book?  With the 9th biggest attendances in the league perhaps you could illuminate me as to where we should actually be placed?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 80
BottesfordMariner
December 31, 2017, 6:53pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
Where are we going under Slade ?    Nowhere!

The performance against Accrington was shocking and most of the season has been.

Slade has not achieved anything in his career that spans over 20 years. There is a reason for that. His 'tactics' are outdated.

Town sit around mid table ...nearer the play offs than relegation. I have no issue with our league position. We are still re-establishing ourselves in the league.....mid table is fine but what you want to see is progress. I just dont see it.  Negative approach .....it's just boring to watch. Little creativity. We rely on a young lad in his first season as a pro to provide any hope. People knock the forwards (and none have pulled up any trees) but to be fair the service they get is shite.

I'd get angry but watching this dross has started to take my passion away. If i didnt have my Season Ticket i'd have to really drag myself along and probably wouldnt bother every week. The dwindling gates show many feel the same.

Slade likes his stats and percentage football. Here's some stats for him to ponder.

In 13 home league games we have won...4 . the record is W 4 D 5 L 4. Pretty mediocre at best. Even more damning is that we have failed to score in 6 of those games and have scored a measly 12 goals at home all season. Less than a goal a game. You aint going to win much that way. I am only commenting on the home form as I have only seen them once away. And anyway home form should be the bread and butter. The expectation is to have a go at the opposition. I know its a results business as far as manager are concerned but football is also supposed to be an entertainment apparently.  If we are going to drift along it would be nice to get excited now and again.

Slade seems to have one tactic and if it doesnt work has no plan B. The frustrating thing is this league is pretty mediocre as well. Whilst i rarely leave BP thinking what a great game I also rarely leave thinking we have played a really good team.

Enough is enough. Time's ticking on Slade.

Up to now i have tried not to join the bash Fenty brigade but i think he needs to be accountable for this. Slade was his appointment. JF may say he is no longer the chairman and decisions are board decisions. But we all know it's JF who is in charge and has the final say. Can anyone name anyone else on the board off the top of thier head. You never hear from them or see them. It's always Fenty.
Slade is another in a string of bad managerial choices he has made...Bignot, Woods, Newell.

This season we will probably have enough to stay up but if things dont change at managerial and board level i fear for the future. Another relegation would be a  disaster we might not recover from.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 80
davmariner
January 1, 2018, 1:01am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,911
Gold Stars: 79
Slade deserves to be fired for giving Hooper, Dixon and Kelly two year deals.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 80
lowerfindus
January 1, 2018, 1:52am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +202
Gold Stars: 2
I don't think it's the players fault, completely. We have some decent players, some under performing, some already discarded by the fans and some utilised badly.

We have to look at the leadership and it's not what it should be. Modern football is fast and flowing not the hoofball we witness weekly.

Slade was an unpopular choice and only winning games will appease that. We are not winning enough games! Home form under successive  managers has been poor and the establishment do not see what the fans see with regards to the running of the club.

Either an amazing January transfer window or an up turn in consistent form saves this season from being one of pr disasters and on the pitch misery.

Somehow the apathy amongst supporters needs breaking and Fenty more than anyone needs to be fully made aware of the fans issues.  Unfortunately previous experience suggest he will never change.

Fenty has been and remains the real problem at gtfc.. God knows when he will leave. A tenure of disaster,  embarrassment and failure on so many levels.

I can only hope by the time my son is old enough to really appreciate matches we have new regime.

Never drink in a pub with a flat roof.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 80
denni266
January 1, 2018, 6:30am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +698
Gold Stars: 132
I dont think it matters who comes in. slade will not change the way we play  or know how to use the new players..  he is a dinosaur , out dated and on the way down and out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 80
golfer
January 1, 2018, 7:22am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 116
If you look at the team for last Saturday it didn't look too bad on paper [before the match] Just about every home game is the same. We start off not too bad and I often sit there thinking we are going to win this one. Then the inevitability happens-their manager susses us out and changes his plans accordingly. What does Slade do to counteract this.? Absolutely nothing -either he hasn't noticed or he doesn't know what to do. Half time comes and still he doesn't do anything. We are the home team and the home team is supposed to have an advantage,but not here. We get worse. Substitutions are made-they are pointless-still the same tactics. Chants of "You don't know what you are doing" are heard throughout the ground-the referee soon realises they are not aimed at him.  IT'S JUST ANOTHER DAY AT THE OFFICE          Do the decent thing Slade
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 80
Madeleymariner
January 1, 2018, 9:04am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,051
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from forza ivano

So comfortably mid table = don't look great    In your book?  With the 9th biggest attendances in the league perhaps you could illuminate me as to where we should actually be placed?

No, not good enough in my view, we are where we were when he took over, just as much if not more dross under contract for 2 years, crowds getting lower (maybe if we saw a few more goals and wins at home in the first 10 games we wouldn't have the ninth best attendance it might be nearer 5th) little entertainment to get the occasional fan to turn up more often, yesterday the crowd sounded like we were FGR fans. This is it seems a year of consolidation, I thought that was supposed to be last year.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 80
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stop the Sludge

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.