Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › F.A.O Adie Merikin.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 255 Guests

F.A.O Adie Merikin.

This thread currently has 6,010 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Fishy_fishtails
December 13, 2017, 8:03pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: -345
Quoted from darren9
I'm not sure he should have an account on here.
Should he have fishy, twitter, facebook, insta, snapchat, WhatsApp, bebo, MySpace, advertise his personal mobile? Where do you draw the line
?

What he does need to do is communicate timely and Etta the fans interests at heart. It may be difficult to hold the board to account if you're on the payroll and I expect that this duty will be largely ignored. What should be built on is the excellent work the previous SLO did with police and other clubs. Our reputation isn't great but Kristine did a lot to counter that.  This work HAS to be built on.

The SLO role isn't one which should be allowed to fade away or be hidden it's important for fans to have a voice.

Completely agree with you.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 31
darren9
December 13, 2017, 8:21pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / -7
Approval: +607
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from LH

This is the busiest social media source for all things GTFC.  He should definitely have an account on here.

I'd say twitter is busier for GTFC stuff. It's the first place I go. But my point stands. I'm not sure that social media is the best place for interaction. We can't accuse the Fenty of being amateur by posting on here then demand another club official does.

I'd rather official club employees speak through the official channels.

Twitter: @DarrenLeeNewman
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 31
RoboCod
December 13, 2017, 8:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
We can't accuse the Fenty of being amateur by posting on here then demand another club official does.

Why not? Perhaps someone a little more adept at modern communications and who can put things in a non-provocative manner would be the ideal solution, giving Mr Fenty more time to concentrate on actual things on his desk?
It's a wonder it hasn't been suggested before...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 31
moosey_club
December 13, 2017, 9:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
You can only ask him questions in relation to supporters matters at BP anyway. Away games arent in his remit according to the latest statement.

Adie Merrikin has been tasked with improving the match day experience here at Blundell Park (BP) and the notification of any relevant information relating to BP.
The additional vacancy is focused primarily on the needs of our supporters whilst on their travels, to ensure that the away day experience is a safe and enjoyable for all.

In the meantime, any questions or queries that you have should be directed to Adie Merrikin and his e-mail is: slo@gtfc.co.uk. Adie will provide official response to any questions that are relevant to his role via e-mail, although he is also available during home fixtures and to that extent will be touring the stadium pre-match going forward.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 31
arryarryarry
December 14, 2017, 1:59am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,044
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from moosey_club
You can only ask him questions in relation to supporters matters at BP anyway. Away games arent in his remit according to the latest statement.

Adie Merrikin has been tasked with improving the match day experience here at Blundell Park (BP) and the notification of any relevant information relating to BP.
The additional vacancy is focused primarily on the needs of our supporters whilst on their travels, to ensure that the away day experience is a safe and enjoyable for all.

In the meantime, any questions or queries that you have should be directed to Adie Merrikin and his e-mail is: slo@gtfc.co.uk. Adie will provide official response to any questions that are relevant to his role via e-mail, although he is also available during home fixtures and to that extent will be touring the stadium pre-match going forward.

Perhaps it should be : idontgiveatosswhathappensatawaygame@gtfc.co.uk
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 31
1mickylyons
December 14, 2017, 6:46am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,383
Gold Stars: 56
Adie when you are doing the ground tours will we be allowed to take photo`s of the dungeon and torture chamber so the dissenters can see what fate awaits?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 31
buckstown
December 14, 2017, 11:27am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,180
Gold Stars: 79
I hope he doesn't have an account on here because he may be duped into thinking this board represents the average GTFC supporter.
This is not the case, but it does represent the most vociferous and radical. It staggers me that John Fenty reads and responds to that group on here instead of appealing to the average supporter through traditional means of communication. Mind you that probably sums up the problem, if it's good enough for the leader of the western world!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 31
1mickylyons
December 14, 2017, 11:29am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,383
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from buckstown
I hope he doesn't have an account on here because he may be duped into thinking this board represents the average GTFC supporter.
This is not the case, but it does represent the most vociferous and radical. It staggers me that John Fenty reads and responds to that group on here instead of appealing to the average supporter through traditional means of communication. Mind you that probably sums up the problem, if it's good enough for the leader of the western world!!!!!

buckstown have you been on Codalmighty?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 31
mariner91
December 14, 2017, 11:42am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,646
Gold Stars: 261
Quoted from buckstown

Categorically untrue. As witnessed by just ten minutes on either Facebook or Twitter. Plus the huge fall in attendances already this season. If you honestly think that anything like the majority of fans or your "average GTFC supporter" are happy with the way the club is being run then you're deluded.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 31
arryarryarry
December 14, 2017, 2:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,044
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from buckstown

I think you need to take your head out of JF's bottom, I speak to several fans who don't even view this site and they are of they same mind as many on here.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 31
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › F.A.O Adie Merikin.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.