Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: moss_side_mariner, December 13, 2017, 1:38pm
Hi Adie,
I wish you all the very best in your new role as Club SLO.
I have a quick question. Will you be available to answer supporters questions or address any problems that supporters may have via this forum? As Kristine was usually quick to respond to any question she was asked on this particular message board.
Thanks and good luck.
Posted by: Barrattstander, December 13, 2017, 4:38pm; Reply: 1
Apparently not.
Posted by: moss_side_mariner, December 13, 2017, 4:44pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Barrattstander
Apparently not.

Looks to be the case.
Page one of the jobs terms and conditions, don't read the fishy.
Posted by: Fishy_fishtails, December 13, 2017, 5:30pm; Reply: 3
I'm not entirely sure that he has an account on here. You can contact him on slo@gtfc.co.uk if needed.

UTM
Posted by: oochiad, December 13, 2017, 5:48pm; Reply: 4
I think the point being made is he should have an account so he can listen and interact with us fans!
Posted by: MuddyWaters, December 13, 2017, 5:51pm; Reply: 5
Dear Adie

Whatever the question, the answer is 'Yes, Mr Fenty'
Posted by: darren9, December 13, 2017, 6:30pm; Reply: 6
I'm not sure he should have an account on here.
Should he have fishy, twitter, facebook, insta, snapchat, WhatsApp, bebo, MySpace, advertise his personal mobile? Where do you draw the line?

What he does need to do is communicate timely and Etta the fans interests at heart. It may be difficult to hold the board to account if you're on the payroll and I expect that this duty will be largely ignored. What should be built on is the excellent work the previous SLO did with police and other clubs. Our reputation isn't great but Kristine did a lot to counter that.  This work HAS to be built on.

The SLO role isn't one which should be allowed to fade away or be hidden it's important for fans to have a voice.
Posted by: golfer, December 13, 2017, 6:43pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Fishy_fishtails
I'm not entirely sure that he has an account on here. You can contact him on slo@gtfc.co.uk if needed.

UTM

yesman@GTFC.com
Posted by: LH, December 13, 2017, 7:38pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from darren9
Should he have fishy, twitter, facebook, insta, snapchat, WhatsApp, bebo, MySpace, advertise his personal mobile? Where do you draw the line?

What he does need to do is communicate timely and Etta the fans interests at heart. It may be difficult to hold the board to account if you're on the payroll and I expect that this duty will be largely ignored. What should be built on is the excellent work the previous SLO did with police and other clubs. Our reputation isn't great but Kristine did a lot to counter that.  This work HAS to be built on.

The SLO role isn't one which should be allowed to fade away or be hidden it's important for fans to have a voice.

This is the busiest social media source for all things GTFC.  He should definitely have an account on here.
Posted by: crusty ole pie, December 13, 2017, 7:42pm; Reply: 9
Perhaps rob should send him an invite
Posted by: Fishy_fishtails, December 13, 2017, 8:03pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from darren9
Should he have fishy, twitter, facebook, insta, snapchat, WhatsApp, bebo, MySpace, advertise his personal mobile? Where do you draw the line
?

Completely agree with you.
Posted by: darren9, December 13, 2017, 8:21pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from LH

This is the busiest social media source for all things GTFC.  He should definitely have an account on here.

I'd say twitter is busier for GTFC stuff. It's the first place I go. But my point stands. I'm not sure that social media is the best place for interaction. We can't accuse the Fenty of being amateur by posting on here then demand another club official does.

I'd rather official club employees speak through the official channels.
Posted by: RoboCod, December 13, 2017, 8:28pm; Reply: 12
We can't accuse the Fenty of being amateur by posting on here then demand another club official does.

Why not? Perhaps someone a little more adept at modern communications and who can put things in a non-provocative manner would be the ideal solution, giving Mr Fenty more time to concentrate on actual things on his desk?
It's a wonder it hasn't been suggested before...
Posted by: moosey_club, December 13, 2017, 9:27pm; Reply: 13
You can only ask him questions in relation to supporters matters at BP anyway. Away games arent in his remit according to the latest statement.

Adie Merrikin has been tasked with improving the match day experience here at Blundell Park (BP) and the notification of any relevant information relating to BP.
The additional vacancy is focused primarily on the needs of our supporters whilst on their travels, to ensure that the away day experience is a safe and enjoyable for all.

In the meantime, any questions or queries that you have should be directed to Adie Merrikin and his e-mail is: slo@gtfc.co.uk. Adie will provide official response to any questions that are relevant to his role via e-mail, although he is also available during home fixtures and to that extent will be touring the stadium pre-match going forward.
Posted by: arryarryarry, December 14, 2017, 1:59am; Reply: 14
Quoted from moosey_club
You can only ask him questions in relation to supporters matters at BP anyway. Away games arent in his remit according to the latest statement.

Adie Merrikin has been tasked with improving the match day experience here at Blundell Park (BP) and the notification of any relevant information relating to BP.
The additional vacancy is focused primarily on the needs of our supporters whilst on their travels, to ensure that the away day experience is a safe and enjoyable for all.

In the meantime, any questions or queries that you have should be directed to Adie Merrikin and his e-mail is: slo@gtfc.co.uk. Adie will provide official response to any questions that are relevant to his role via e-mail, although he is also available during home fixtures and to that extent will be touring the stadium pre-match going forward.

Perhaps it should be : idontgiveatosswhathappensatawaygame@gtfc.co.uk
Posted by: 1mickylyons, December 14, 2017, 6:46am; Reply: 15
Adie when you are doing the ground tours will we be allowed to take photo`s of the dungeon and torture chamber so the dissenters can see what fate awaits?
Posted by: buckstown, December 14, 2017, 11:27am; Reply: 16
I hope he doesn't have an account on here because he may be duped into thinking this board represents the average GTFC supporter.
This is not the case, but it does represent the most vociferous and radical. It staggers me that John Fenty reads and responds to that group on here instead of appealing to the average supporter through traditional means of communication. Mind you that probably sums up the problem, if it's good enough for the leader of the western world!!!!!
Posted by: 1mickylyons, December 14, 2017, 11:29am; Reply: 17
Quoted from buckstown
I hope he doesn't have an account on here because he may be duped into thinking this board represents the average GTFC supporter.
This is not the case, but it does represent the most vociferous and radical. It staggers me that John Fenty reads and responds to that group on here instead of appealing to the average supporter through traditional means of communication. Mind you that probably sums up the problem, if it's good enough for the leader of the western world!!!!!

buckstown have you been on Codalmighty?
Posted by: mariner91, December 14, 2017, 11:42am; Reply: 18
Quoted from buckstown

Categorically untrue. As witnessed by just ten minutes on either Facebook or Twitter. Plus the huge fall in attendances already this season. If you honestly think that anything like the majority of fans or your "average GTFC supporter" are happy with the way the club is being run then you're deluded.
Posted by: arryarryarry, December 14, 2017, 2:28pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from buckstown

I think you need to take your head out of JF's bottom, I speak to several fans who don't even view this site and they are of they same mind as many on here.
Posted by: forza ivano, December 14, 2017, 2:43pm; Reply: 20
Dear Adie - obviously you're not allowed to get involved in inconsequential matters like Bragate, the possible untruths disseminated by derbyshire police, the zealous over policing of our fans etc etc , so i thought i'd better ask about a couple of things you could get involved in:
1) when will you be reviewing the club policy on flasks?
2) as you enter the ground via the turnstiles to the left of the Findus stand there is some paint  peeling off in the top left hand corner. Could you get it sorted please as it looks very unprofessional?
3) i've noticed that the Urinal cakes in the men's toilets are green. Everyone knows this to be unlucky, so could you make it a priority to enhance my match day experience as a gtfc consumer by changing them to blue?
4) The toilet paper in aforementioned conveniences tends to hurt my bumhole. Could we get something softer?( I don't know if you've experienced having a sore bumhole in your new role ,but it isn't pleasant)
5) I don't know if JF has mentioned to you yet, but there are hundreds of so called Town fans bullying other fans who were desperate to go to Checkatrade Trophy matches. Will you be employing extra staff to stamp out this bullying? many of the lads in the Rutland and Blundell Park hotel are now so scared that their match day experience is being adversely affected.
Hope you can help on these vital matters.
I look forward to hearing from you, once you've been given permission to speak
Posted by: BraStrap, December 14, 2017, 3:42pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from mariner91

Categorically untrue. As witnessed by just ten minutes on either Facebook or Twitter. Plus the huge fall in attendances already this season. If you honestly think that anything like the majority of fans or your "average GTFC supporter" are happy with the way the club is being run then you're deluded.

At least some of the fall in attendances is down to the lack of entertainment/positive results in the games at BP. Not everyone follows other goings on to the extent that they are even aware of many of the non-football issues that have come up this season. The sucess of the team has far more influence over attendances than the boardroom.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, December 14, 2017, 4:17pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from Bigdog

I would say that your post in normal circumstances is fairly accurate, but I'd suggest there's a bit more to falling attendances than just team performances. We're not quite where Blackpool were, but our fanbase's patience and loyalty are getting severely tested. To the point where boardroom performance is having a bigger effect on attendances than you believe..

Without doubt - I know several who won't set foot in BP while....is...charge (fill in blanks as appropriate)
Posted by: buckstown, December 14, 2017, 4:50pm; Reply: 23
I honestly believe the fall in crowds, culminating in the Swindon gate, is due to the football being garbage, town couldn't score in a whorehouse and it was a Tuesday.
Boardroom events have virtually no impact until you get to a Blackpool type situation and if we beat Notts County the next gate at BP will be back to near normal.
I'm not up JF's backside and I think he needs serious guidance due to a string of mess ups, but the average fan doesn't care, hence my earlier comments.
Opinions, who'd have em?
Posted by: Cloudy, December 14, 2017, 5:21pm; Reply: 24
Sorry buckstown but the comment that the average fan 'doesn't care' about off field shenanigans is exactly the type of comment you hear from JF. He astounds me with his stance that the current flack is down to results and when we are winning the criticism goes away.

I am of the opinion, and that's all it is, is that many regular fans have had enough and the club will be hit financially, rightly or wrongly, by the boardroom antics. The losses will not be covered by the EFL bribe on the Checkatrade Trophy.
As others have said I know many fans who never go anywhere near The Fishy or social media and they are outraged by the goings on over the last year or so

This time the owner has gone too far, too often and sadly GTFC will suffer
Posted by: MuddyWaters, December 14, 2017, 5:34pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from buckstown
I honestly believe the fall in crowds, culminating in the Swindon gate, is due to the football being garbage, town couldn't score in a whorehouse and it was a Tuesday.
Boardroom events have virtually no impact until you get to a Blackpool type situation and if we beat Notts County the next gate at BP will be back to near normal.
I'm not up JF's backside and I think he needs serious guidance due to a string of mess ups, but the average fan doesn't care, hence my earlier comments.
Opinions, who'd have em?

If the average fan is you or me or countless others on here, who will go rain or shine, league or non-league, then yes. But, it's not about us, it's about the thousands of Town fans who come when there's a big/glory game, who, quite frankly, are the difference between us staying as we are and making progress. Any business cannot thrive if it goes around marginalising its' customers - it will eventually die.
Posted by: Civvy at last, December 14, 2017, 5:37pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from buckstown
Opinions, who'd have em?

Not a pop at you at all.  But does the Bucks in Buckstown stand for your location.  It just seems to me, that the majority of posters that think we are over dramatising how the fans feel about the board are exiles.
Like quite a few on here, I know of more than one person that won't be going to watch Town until either a new stadium is the venue, or we have a new leadership.  If the football was dynamic and we were p1ssing the league, of course the gates would be much higher, but when things aren't so great on the pitch (and they're not woeful at all at the moment, but certainly not dynamic), little things off the pitch can be the final straw.  Be that the catering, toilets and stuff like that.

Of course if you do live local and still hold the same views then I guess we just have differing social circles.  
Posted by: buckstown, December 14, 2017, 6:00pm; Reply: 27
The Bucks does mean that I live in Bucks and it's true that I don't get to as many games as I'd like, so I might be out of touch. I also agree that things like catering, toilets, seat comfort, bar access etc. will have an impact on the match day experience and over time might drive customers away.
The people I know in Grimsby are generally still going but have been very unhappy about the football up to the Swindon game. Those who have stopped attending, it's nothing to do with off the field matters. Have to say, if I move back to Grimsby I'd renew my season ticket and be there every week and I know that's the case for some other exiled mates.
On Saturday I was in the Youngs bar which was very busy and didn't hear a single comment about off the field matters and I really believe they are average supporters like me.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 14, 2017, 9:23pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from buckstown

You've clearly never looked at twitter then. For crying out loud, the Fishy is populated by forelock tugging, reactionaries by comparison - some of them are finally waking up.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 14, 2017, 9:26pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from moosey_club

That phrase from the official communication on gtfc.co.uk gives the lie to the claim that Kristine Green was not the club's SLO. Someone at the Bunker clearly hasn't been reading his Goebbels.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 14, 2017, 9:27pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from darren9

I'd say twitter is busier for GTFC stuff. It's the first place I go. But my point stands. I'm not sure that social media is the best place for interaction. We can't accuse the Fenty of being amateur by posting on here then demand another club official does.

I'd rather official club employees speak through the official channels.

Can you just check the year Darren. It is 2017. Even the Queen has dipped her toes into social media. Even old gits like me realise it's how organisations communicate in the 21st century.

You can't put this genie back in the lamp.
Posted by: toontown, December 14, 2017, 11:14pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from forza ivano
Dear Adie - obviously you're not allowed to get involved in inconsequential matters like Bragate, the possible untruths disseminated by derbyshire police, the zealous over policing of our fans etc etc , so i thought i'd better ask about a couple of things you could get involved in:
1) when will you be reviewing the club policy on flasks?
2) as you enter the ground via the turnstiles to the left of the Findus stand there is some paint  peeling off in the top left hand corner. Could you get it sorted please as it looks very unprofessional?
3) i've noticed that the Urinal cakes in the men's toilets are green. Everyone knows this to be unlucky, so could you make it a priority to enhance my match day experience as a gtfc consumer by changing them to blue?
4) The toilet paper in aforementioned conveniences tends to hurt my bumhole. Could we get something softer?( I don't know if you've experienced having a sore bumhole in your new role ,but it isn't pleasant)
5) I don't know if JF has mentioned to you yet, but there are hundreds of so called Town fans bullying other fans who were desperate to go to Checkatrade Trophy matches. Will you be employing extra staff to stamp out this bullying? many of the lads in the Rutland and Blundell Park hotel are now so scared that their match day experience is being adversely affected.
Hope you can help on these vital matters.
I look forward to hearing from you, once you've been given permission to speak

This had me laughing out loud (esp. 4) - Thanks Forza!

;D ;D ;D
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 7:41am