Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Matt Dean
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 78 Guests

Matt Dean

This thread currently has 35,149 views. Print
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Jarmo.Is.God
November 29, 2017, 11:39am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from Ruston AT
Out of all this what was achieved, JF and his bunch proved they do not have the elequence or tact of Bill Carr . The supporters asked the right questions and were fobbed off which is usually the case. Mr Slade, who was supposed to be an educated man , has shown his colours regarding  Matt Dean , what a finger wagging t**t.

I think Slade got a bit too high rate, and heated, but his point was a valid point IMO.

When the players read social media aswell, and then wonder if the manager is about to get sacked, it causes unnecessary worry and tension, however he dealt with it in the wrong way last night
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 219
Fat Cobra
November 29, 2017, 11:40am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -28
Approval: -1,479
Quoted from chicaneuk
I had to turn off last night as I couldn't bear it.. it was uncomfortable viewing.

However hearing about the Matt Dean situation, I just checked it out on YouTube and can't believe what I was seeing. I thought us being relegated to non-league was a big low point, but I feel frankly like we've gone even lower than ever before right now. He maintained his dignity and professionalism in the face of completely unacceptable circumstances.

Maybe Matt should have apologised over the whole Woodhouse situation - but it's been blown so massively out of proportion by the club, that it's difficult to understand what's happening.

And seriously who were those two "fans" laying into him at the forum? Does anyone actually know them? I'm not trying to suggest / instigate a witch-hunt, god knows, but for them to be so vocal and completely against the general tide of opinion is highly dubious.

Precisely. A simple denial and clarification of the situation by the club was all that was needed. Why are they acting like this?!

Wasn't it Fentys sister in law and and her yorkie fancy piece?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 219
RoboCod
November 29, 2017, 11:41am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from chicaneuk

And seriously who were those two "fans" laying into him at the forum? Does anyone actually know them? I'm not trying to suggest / instigate a witch-hunt, god knows, but for them to be so vocal and completely against the general tide of opinion is highly dubious.

Good points. The much-maligned Fishy representatives conducted themsleves superbly. The pro-Fentyites at the end were noisy yobs. Bullies, even.
Make the next forum invite-only, invite the well behaved Fishy bunch and bar the gobshites at the end from any more forums.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 219
Fat Cobra
November 29, 2017, 11:44am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -28
Approval: -1,479
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

I think Slade got a bit too high rate, and heated, but his point was a valid point IMO.

When the players read social media aswell, and then wonder if the manager is about to get sacked, it causes unnecessary worry and tension, however he dealt with it in the wrong way last night

You can't seriously be saying that if Woodhouse came in as a first team coach he'd be replacing Slade?

Realistically Slade was never going to get the chop. Fentys made a rod for his own back with his 4 year 138k a year contract.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 219
RoboCod
November 29, 2017, 11:45am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

Walking out on your club after a dismal play off display causes unnecessary worry and tension. We're expected to let that one go, well the deal's off. Slade totally out of order, until I see him get so irate over Stevenage's treatment of the fans and other ongoing concerns it stays that way.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 219
TownSNAFU5
November 29, 2017, 11:56am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,893
Gold Stars: 42
I could not believe how it disintegrated into a slanging match.  Fenty mainly to blame and the 3 idiots.

I agree that Fenty has lost the plot, feels got at, and sought to initiate a diversion at the end for his stored up anger.  The Woodhouse issue was of little consequence in the big scheme of things.

I took some notes towards the end: There was an awful comment from one idiot in the audience "This club would be be nothing without that man "Fenty". Did the slide down the divisions and 6 years in NL slip their memory?

This and other abusive comments did seem planned and orchestrated.   The shouted abuse all erupted at the same time and had a common (nasty) thread.  I could not believe how the night descended so quickly into farce.

Fenty did say (twice) that he would not communicate with 2 vile posters on the Fishy.  Do 2 negatives make a positive? He felt very strongly and angrily about a very small issue that is easily dealt with.  

Fenty did say that he is sick of being a punchbag. No doubt after training for his 10 rounds with the fans.  

Fenty also said that quite frankly, he is fed up - anyone can have the club.

I am pleased from the sound it that the potential takeover by USA owners last year did not come to fruition.  I didn't like their plan to only have 100% ownership, with no fan share ownership or representation.  Looks like they were in it for the wrong reasons.

Fenty woffled a lot about investment and possible change of club ownership.   Potential investment is more attractive with a new stadium, which is no surprise.  The accountant woffled on for a lot lot longer. Some of it was new information about the processes gone through to try and secure new investment.  He did have a patronising tone to the fans and if challenged on any point.  

Appointing a manager is a lottery.  This was said a few times.  No other Board would say this.  Later it was said that all Board managers study dossiers on potential new managers Any decision to appoint or sack a manager is a Board decision.  There is a rigourous interview process.  Fenty did make an interesting comment that "You have to believe their story" (what potential managers say at interview).  Well no!  Probe for evidence and challenge assumptions and comments.

Bignott was "head and shoulders" above other applicants.  This was said at the time. What went wrong with due diligence then for it to go so wrong so soon?  (Links back to believing their story. Why is the Club so naive?).

In summarising at the end, and standing up, Fenty hoped that everyone could now pull together after the Forum.   He then scored an own goal with an unprofessional and public attack on Matt Dean. "Head in hands.............

The club has not moved on generally or specifically.  Nothing changes does it?  We still have very poor PR and an amateur approach to running the club.   The small, irrelevant matters are given a disproportionate time and energy by the club.  The big issues are not discussed or fudged. I think that Fenty has a self-destruct gene as far as this Club is concerned and managed.  He confuses material points with issues of no consequence.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 219
Southwark Mariner
November 29, 2017, 12:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,562
Gold Stars: 83
Grimsby Telegraph have very kindly written a transcript of the whole Matt Dean/Curtis Woodhouse fiasco. Might be worth copying down for future reference, just cuts short from quoting the weirdos shouting abuse at Matt Dean:

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/angry-scenes-grimsby-town-fans-848326
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 219
Cloudy
November 29, 2017, 12:25pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
I wonder if Matt Dean was set up long before last night?

I understand that a few weeks ago he upset Slade with negative questions after a game.

Maybe the sting was the Woodhouse story was given to him by a club 'source/official'. They then call him out to discredit him?

Just wouldnt be surprised IF the above scenario is close to the truth.

I would add I just cant believe ( despite constant proof) that the club can continually shoot themselves in the foot but also cannot seem to see they do nothing wrong??
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 219
1mickylyons
November 29, 2017, 12:33pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,390
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Southwark Mariner
Grimsby Telegraph have very kindly written a transcript of the whole Matt Dean/Curtis Woodhouse fiasco. Might be worth copying down for future reference, just cuts short from quoting the weirdos shouting abuse at Matt Dean:

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/angry-scenes-grimsby-town-fans-848326

This is annoying and more pathetic headline grabbing by the ET. 2 fans out of around 100 present had a go at MD and they had zero cause. JF and RS might have and they got there chance everyone else in the room was left embarrassed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 219
FishOutOfWater
November 29, 2017, 12:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,575
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from 1mickylyons

This is annoying and more pathetic headline grabbing by the ET. 2 fans out of around 100 present had a go at MD and they had zero cause. JF and RS might have and they got there chance everyone else in the room was left embarrassed.

2 hecklers from the sounds of it…… it’s questionable too who they are actually fans of. GTFC or just JF 😗
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 59 - 219
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Matt Dean

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.