Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Matt Dean
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 153 Guests

Matt Dean

This thread currently has 35,146 views. Print
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
davmariner
November 29, 2017, 12:09am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,957
Gold Stars: 79
Plus, the destabilising factor came from GTFC's response. Not from MD's tweet.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 219
Grim74
November 29, 2017, 12:11am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from davmariner

No it's not. It's called being aggressive over something so insignificant. A professional person would have kept it together and calmly said "it didn't help in our preparations and was certainly a distraction. But our lads are focused on what goes on, on the football pitch and don't take any notice of speculation. Matt got it wrong this time, but we're only human and from time to time, people do get it wrong." End of discussion.

Yes that's right I can just see Alex Fergusson now responding in that very together and calm manner under the same circumstances, and he's not professional is he
Get a grip man their football managers not flipping barristers.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 219
davmariner
November 29, 2017, 12:16am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,957
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Grim74

Yes that's right I can just see Alex Fergusson now responding in that very together and calm manner under the same circumstances, and he's not professional is he
Get a grip man their football managers not flipping barristers.

Being Alex Ferguson is one thing. Being Russell Slade is another.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 219
TAGG
November 29, 2017, 12:21am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,940
Gold Stars: 126
That last 20minutes just about summed the club up at the moment.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 219
dapperz fun pub
November 29, 2017, 12:24am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,017
Gold Stars: 83
Quoted from TAGG
That last 20minutes just about summed the club up at the moment.

It was informative up until the chaos kicked in
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 219
AndyGTFC
November 29, 2017, 12:55am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +804
Gold Stars: 5
Absolutely cringeworthy. That sort of utter stupidity is why the board get half the abuse they do. They talk about sticking together but just do the complete opposite and make things worse every single time.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 219
LH
November 29, 2017, 1:34am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,556
Gold Stars: 174
I’ve just watched the entire excrement-show back. What an absolute mess our club is in that we have to call a “fans forum” and have the panel wait 2.5 (long, long) hours to wade in on a local journalist who has clearly had some duff (or was it?) information. The club’s main broadcast partner too. The ’other’ board members on show tonight barring Mr Wood are an absolute disgrace.

Mr Day going on about facts - except his facts were skewed as the FL bent the rules on how a vote on the Checkatrade could be passed.

Mr Marley - I thought my accountant talked shite. Christ almighty - do one - will yer - you self important get?

It’s almost enough to make you wish we did have a questionable foreign owner really.
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 219
RoboCod
November 29, 2017, 7:08am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from Grim74
noticed Dean still didn't offer an apology he could of nipped it in the bud if he'd just stood up and offered his apologies to the manager board and fans. I don't blame Slade one bit for having a go I know I would have done exactly the same, end of the day no matter what Dean was told the cold hard facts of the matter are that his tweet absolutely wrong, fake news.

Journalists work in a constantly evolving workplace, they're very good at smoothing out inevitable mistakes and half-truths that come about in their environment. Matt Dean and the BBC staff working with him will be horrified at what happened last night, to watch an entire board of business professionals melt down over a Tweet while so many much more important issues were glossed over and ignored.
Fenty, Slade and co were the ones sat at the table with issues to address, not Matt Dean. Classic diversion tactics from an under performing, under siege board.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 219
Vance Warner
November 29, 2017, 7:19am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,814
Gold Stars: 105
Apologies to Matt Dean on behalf of our club. The tweet would have been forgotten about within a couple of days had it not been for the embarassing response. One thing tonight has made me realise is it's a case of 'sack the board' rather than just 'Fenty out.'
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 219
Maringer
November 29, 2017, 8:14am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,621
Gold Stars: 185
Didn't watch the forum but I'd imagine that Fenty and Co have worked themselves up into a bit of a bunker mentality. To be fair, this is for some good reason as the amount of flak heading their way from these forums over the past month (and, I'd imagine, on social media?) has been substantial.

The problem is that this has led to the ridiculous overreaction to Matt's original report in Woodhouse. A simple denial without any snark would have done the job but the unnecessary dig against him has led to an escalation and they've then apparently doubled-down on the idiocy last night.

Surprised Slade was daft enough to have a go, truth be told, as he's been around the block a few times and should have known better. Obviously the bunker mentality in effect.

For Fenty, I've long said he should just keep his mouth shut as much as possible as he's got a distinct knack of shoving both feet in their and whipping up controversy when it is simply not necessary. Chairmen (even non-Chairmen) should preferably be seen but not heard. I'd imagine he's running the club as he runs his business which is clearly not going to work.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 219
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Matt Dean

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.