Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Matt Dean
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 233 Guests

Matt Dean

This thread currently has 35,103 views. Print
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
totalidiot
November 29, 2017, 8:29am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +341
Basically just reinforces what many people think about the board and how the club is run,they and slade in particular were a disgrace towards matt dean....no class whatsoever.
Philip day seems to be the one board member to have any class or sense imo
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 219
SheepGTFC
November 29, 2017, 8:48am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: +282
Gold Stars: 6
A bit gutted for Matt. Even if you don't like his journalism at least keep it professional.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 219
1mickylyons
November 29, 2017, 9:01am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
I don`t really get the anger over his tweet.Yes it was lazy journalism and he got it wrong totally unprofessional of all concerned that they had not sorted this out prior in private and MD was bushwhacked.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 219
November 29, 2017, 9:14am
Guest User
How wrong was Matt Dean though? I find it very peculiar in what Curtis Woodhouse tweeted and what Bridlington Towns chairman said for there to be nothing in it.
Reply: 43 - 219
RoboCod
November 29, 2017, 9:18am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from 1mickylyons
I don`t really get the anger over his tweet.Yes it was lazy journalism and he got it wrong totally unprofessional of all concerned that they had not sorted this out prior in private and MD was bushwhacked.

This. It was dragged up last night as nothing more than a diversion, a way for Fenty and his posse to ride out of town on a high, with some sort of victory. So we have the format for future forums set in place...next time I suggest we spend 10 minutes pushing and pushing Russel Slade to explain why he ditched us at Cardiff, getting angry at him as we yell at him about 'Trust' and leving him in no doubt we're questioning his very professionalism. A real shame as he'd had a good night.

We then spend 10 minutes pushing John Fenty on why he (and others) recruited Neil Woods (and others) on the back of umpteen games without a win, getting angry and flustered with him not over a little Tweet but for plummetting this club into the pits of non-League.

There's more, much more that I could level at this board but I'm too angry about last nights embarrassing conclusion.
John, just run the club and get someone else for spokesman to the fans. Russel, just run the team and don't get involved in the background noise of Fenty vs the Media.
Marley, just leave and give the position to someone with some basic etiquette, vision and understanding of Grimsby Town fans.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 219
GrimRob
November 29, 2017, 10:23am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
I never saw the Matt Dean thing as I listened to the broadcast version but here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueaC76mcsTs

about 90 mins in

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 45 - 219
grimsby pete
November 29, 2017, 10:47am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
Just watched the last 30 minutes this morning,

Well the accountant Marley ? has got a big chip on his shoulder,

Fenty feels unloved and will never speak to me or Swin again,

Matt Dean should have got hisfactsright    before going to print but maybe he did check with the solicitor who knows ?

So it ended in a farce and all we have learnt is nobody wants to invest.

Fenty wants out the only person who spoke a lot of sense from the club was Slade and the Trust bloke.

It would have been better if we could have seen the fans there seemed to be a lot of Steve's there  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 219
lew chaterleys lover
November 29, 2017, 11:30am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,653
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from Maringer
Didn't watch the forum but I'd imagine that Fenty and Co have worked themselves up into a bit of a bunker mentality. To be fair, this is for some good reason as the amount of flak heading their way from these forums over the past month (and, I'd imagine, on social media?) has been substantial.

The problem is that this has led to the ridiculous overreaction to Matt's original report in Woodhouse. A simple denial without any snark would have done the job but the unnecessary dig against him has led to an escalation and they've then apparently doubled-down on the idiocy last night.

Surprised Slade was daft enough to have a go, truth be told, as he's been around the block a few times and should have known better. Obviously the bunker mentality in effect.

For Fenty, I've long said he should just keep his mouth shut as much as possible as he's got a distinct knack of shoving both feet in their and whipping up controversy when it is simply not necessary. Chairmen (even non-Chairmen) should preferably be seen but not heard. I'd imagine he's running the club as he runs his business which is clearly not going to work.

Have a look at the video if you can. It is much worse than could be described on here. It basically tells you all you need to know about how the club is run.

A mistake/clanger/or poor reporting from a decent local journalist has been completely over exaggerated so the board (and indeed the manager) could vent their spleen.

I cannot imagine BBC Radio Humberside will take it lying down either; to humiliate  one of their employees in such a public way will make them very sore, and of course the club will get further bad publicity just when it could do without it.

The problem of course stems from the owner, whose fellow board members seem as aggressive /defensive as he is. It doesn't fill me with confidence that these are the people talking to the council and others about the new stadium project.  He said a few times he wants out. Let us hope that happens sooner than we thought possible as it must be apparent to everyone who follows the Mariners that we will never progress properly under the current board.

Even if by chance we got a new stadium - can anyone imagine this board overseeing it?  
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 219
Ruston AT
November 29, 2017, 11:35am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +428
Gold Stars: 10
Out of all this what was achieved, JF and his bunch proved they do not have the elequence or tact of Bill Carr . The supporters asked the right questions and were fobbed off which is usually the case. Mr Slade, who was supposed to be an educated man , has shown his colours regarding  Matt Dean , what a finger wagging t**t.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 219
chicaneuk
November 29, 2017, 11:37am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,467
Gold Stars: 5
I had to turn off last night as I couldn't bear it.. it was uncomfortable viewing.

However hearing about the Matt Dean situation, I just checked it out on YouTube and can't believe what I was seeing. I thought us being relegated to non-league was a big low point, but I feel frankly like we've gone even lower than ever before right now. He maintained his dignity and professionalism in the face of completely unacceptable circumstances.

Maybe Matt should have apologised over the whole Woodhouse situation - but it's been blown so massively out of proportion by the club, that it's difficult to understand what's happening.

And seriously who were those two "fans" laying into him at the forum? Does anyone actually know them? I'm not trying to suggest / instigate a witch-hunt, god knows, but for them to be so vocal and completely against the general tide of opinion is highly dubious.

Quoted from 1mickylyons

Precisely. A simple denial and clarification of the situation by the club was all that was needed. Why are they acting like this?!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 219
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Matt Dean

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.