Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 333 Guests

Just back (merged)

This thread currently has 7,102 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
friskneymariner
November 11, 2017, 11:01pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from penrith mariner
Did you ever venture into Penrith town centre at all?

Yeah quite often.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 33
lukeo
November 12, 2017, 12:06am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
As stupid as this sounds it's not the points we are in that concerns me. It's the lack of tactics or common sense in our line up. I'm not greedy and I am realistic. I think mid table is a good 1st full season under Slade. If we was trying to play the ball on the floor, getting it out wide, crossing the ball, playing with a bit of urgency and pace, I'd be satisfied where we are in the table.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 33
gaz57
November 12, 2017, 1:06am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from GYinScuntland

I've got Netflix, it's rubbish.
Drab and boring, same old thing week in week out......

Perhaps we should get Netflix to sponsor us then, at least it might be one net we find.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 33
arryarryarry
November 12, 2017, 2:26am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from lukeo
As stupid as this sounds it's not the points we are in that concerns me. It's the lack of tactics or common sense in our line up. I'm not greedy and I am realistic. I think mid table is a good 1st full season under Slade. If we was trying to play the ball on the floor, getting it out wide, crossing the ball, playing with a bit of urgency and pace, I'd be satisfied where we are in the table.

Looking at the players he has signed on two year contracts and the crap football on offer I really don't want to see a second season from Slade.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 33
TheRealJohnLewis
November 12, 2017, 9:06am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Mid table is not good, enough when you have Fenty and Slade talking about promotion in Slade's initial press conference.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 33
TheGoalKipper
November 12, 2017, 10:26am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +321
Quoted from lukeo

This is much the same as i think. We are not playing basic principle football tacktics of moving the ball forward by passing the ball to each other as fast as our limited skills allow us, as we move it forward into the more dangerous positions then if we cant play thegame changing pass into the box get it wide and keep pumping the crosses in when we have the forwards, and a midfilder in the box.Law of aerages say you will get your share of the breaks but if you dont get into those advanced positions it wont work.

If we do that consistently we will win more than we lose in this division. The players have shown previously that they ability but Slade wont let them play. I don't think it matters what new players come in. With these tactics better players will also fail.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 33
friskneymariner
November 12, 2017, 10:44am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Its not the form or the lack of goals that concern me but the absence of any glimpse of hope of any potential to change it,we are carrying too many sub-standard players who are playing out their last days. This couple with the obduracy of Slade leaves me to feel we are not going to improve.I will make the statement now if Slade is in charge next season I shall not renew my season ticket.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 33
Zmariner
November 12, 2017, 11:04am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,127
Gold Stars: 44
I have a season ticket but miss as many as I go to. Mostly midweek, I now consider missing the Saturday games as well. On the plus side the Mrs is a Slade fan as she thought I could never let lose interest utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 33
mariner91
November 12, 2017, 11:22am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,641
Gold Stars: 261
It's not the points on board or the league position that is so alarming. It's the fact we have scored 5 goals in the last 7 league games with five of those games ending in us not scoring. It would be slightly less alarming if we were creating chances but not taking them because usually you start to get some luck or one of your strikers gets a bit of form. But we're barely registering shots. Hell, we're barely getting near the oppositions goal for large swathes of games. I'd actually be less worried if we were scoring goals and not winning because we were conceding a lot. It's easier to tighten up a defence than it is to get a team to start scoring. Very concerned at the minute. As it stands we're going to need a hell of a lot of clean sheets to get anywhere near enough points to keep us safe.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 33
HertsGTFC
November 12, 2017, 11:28am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
If we don’t start improving soon the points will be a concern, especially with our inabilitiy to make & take chances

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.