Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 250 Guests

Just back (merged)

This thread currently has 7,093 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
rancido
November 12, 2017, 11:38am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,532
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Zmariner
I have a season ticket but miss as many as I go to. Mostly midweek, I now consider missing the Saturday games as well. On the plus side the Mrs is a Slade fan as she thought I could never let lose interest utm

I'm a Slade fan but the group not our " Nearly Man " manager.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 33
Madeleymariner
November 12, 2017, 12:06pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,048
Gold Stars: 49
Just saw the brief highlifghts on Slomo. 1st goal all 3 defenders stood on six yard and all of them ball watching at no point did they glance to see where the Exeter players were, really junior school stuff from 3 v experienced players,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 33
rancido
November 12, 2017, 5:16pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,532
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Just saw the brief highlifghts on Slomo. 1st goal all 3 defenders stood on six yard and all of them ball watching at no point did they glance to see where the Exeter players were, really junior school stuff from 3 v experienced players,

....and don't forget these are all defenders that Slade wanted at the club!. We should never have brought him back, the guy was a Judas and is past his sell by date. Nothing new to offer and living by a pastt reputation that flattered to deceive.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 33
Cloudy
November 12, 2017, 7:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Just arrived back after an overnight stay at my daughters in The Midlands.

Still very annoyed about the start to the game, we stood off and watched Exeter play. They are a decent side if you let them play and the lack of any sort of pressing handed them the initiative and they never let it go.

Frankly they cruised it without having to go through the gears.

We had no attacking threat at all. Mainly because the central midfield never get forward, the full backs aren't quick enough and Woodford is a passenger despite ( I am told) topping the Opta stats for the most ground covered fairly regularly. Dembele didn't do anything, everything he tried failed. Vernon was awol and Jones looking a frustrated figure ( who can blame him)

DJ was the brightest spark although his last ball,cross or shot weren't great

We need to change our outlook and quick. The personnel aren't as bad as some believe BUT let the shackles off, and go for it. Get Clifton alongside Summerfield and then an attacking 3 of DJ, Jones and Siriki behind a lone forward. I would give Matt a start but not before I had put a rocket up his bottom. He CAN play but seems to need motivating.

With Dixon suspended I wonder if the trialist from Palace will be given a short term deal? If he did I would reluctantly leave out Davies for Mills just to give us some pace.

Fully understand the cries of many saying they've had enough but as a supporter I just can't do it (yet). I cling to the hope than we can turn this dour dull run around but guess Slade doesn't see anything wrong. It's not necessarily the personnel that needs drastic change but the mentality of the club from top to bottom. Let's turn ourselves into an attacking side who may get beat from time to time but when we do the opposition know they have been in a game. That has to be better than this dull crap
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.