arryarryarry
October 29, 2017, 11:20am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Give Woolford a FB with a bit of pace and you’ll se a difference, he’s a clever player who needs an energetic partner who can get into space quickly.

Going forward though when Osborne is fit Do we consider a shift to 4-3-3?

Macca
             Davis Clarke Collins Dixon
             Summerfield Osborn Berret
                  Dembele Jones DJ

Though the above might not be the 11 we would go with I am not convinced with the current squad 4-4-2 is working that well in terms of creating shots on goal. I personally would like to see Bolarinwa involved somewhere as he is the only on with real pace

Apart from his goal at Accrington in all the games I have seen him play I don't think he is any more clever than any of the other players we have and looks totally unfit to me.
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 120
arryarryarry
October 29, 2017, 11:24am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from NorthseaMariner
Sorry, I cannot agree with supposed supporters chanting “You don’t know what you’re doing” against your own team/ manager whilst the game is going on. If Hooper or DJ had won the game, what would we have said then? Complain afterward.

Yes, I didn’t agree with the subs, but I’m not the manager. I felt the atmosphere in the Upper late in the second half was white toxic and unpleasant. Too many “fans” that are quiet as mice when we’re playing okay, but really vociferous when things aren’t going so well. In fact seem to relish that we’re not playing well so the can shout abuse at anyone and anything.

Made me think, that although I’ve got my season ticket, much more of that atmosphere, rather than the football on show will drain any enjoyment for me and make me think twice about going.

Probably get slagged for this, but that’s my take.

If my 6 numbers had come up last night I would be nearly £6 million richer.
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 120
HertsGTFC
October 29, 2017, 11:39am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,954
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from arryarryarry

Apart from his goal at Accrington in all the games I have seen him play I don't think he is any more clever than any of the other players we have and looks totally unfit to me.

By his own admission when he signed he was pretty unfit due to the lack of a pre season. You can do all you like in the week but the best way to get fit is to play a run of full matches. Reminds me of when Clements signed for his first half a dozen games he looked light weight once he got a good level of fitness he started to run games.

BTW Where are all these proven “clever” left sided attackers we have been hiding?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 120
TAGG
October 29, 2017, 11:58am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,952
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from NorthseaMariner
Sorry, I cannot agree with supposed supporters chanting “You don’t know what you’re doing” against your own team/ manager whilst the game is going on. If Hooper or DJ had won the game, what would we have said then? Complain afterward.

Yes, I didn’t agree with the subs, but I’m not the manager. I felt the atmosphere in the Upper late in the second half was white toxic and unpleasant. Too many “fans” that are quiet as mice when we’re playing okay, but really vociferous when things aren’t going so well. In fact seem to relish that we’re not playing well so the can shout abuse at anyone and anything.

Made me think, that although I’ve got my season ticket, much more of that atmosphere, rather than the football on show will drain any enjoyment for me and make me think twice about going.

Probably get slagged for this, but that’s my take.

Whats with the "fans" ?

Do you mean if they don't think/act like you their not proper fans??

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 120
Mariner_09
October 29, 2017, 12:27pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
They aren’t supporting the team are they if they are forever booing and moaning about everything anybody associated with the club does.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 120
devs
October 29, 2017, 12:27pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,982
Gold Stars: 30
I think the current GTFC starting XI is very solid, 100% grafters, play for the shirt, trying their guts out and we are getting everything from nearly all of the players.
That only take you so far though
What we lack is a spark in and around the box; a lot more creativity; and (dare I say it) an Amond type goal poacher

IMO there isn't a lot wrong and most clubs I've seen this season are a virtual carbon copy of us - honest, hardworking but lack potency

Take Summerfield and Berret - they are playing really well at the moment and in many ways can't be expected to give us any more. They are limited in certain areas (like most L2 players) and are they a midfield partnership that will see us near the top of the league?

4 clean sheets in last six games and only 1 defeat in 9/10?? (can't remember) says there is a lot of positives but of course a lack of goals is the killer

Not easy to solve on our limited budget

Osborne will hopefully give us an edge - but I'm not sure where he will fit in (even though I'd pick him all day long) cos Russ will be looking at his current midfield and thinking they are dong fine. What I'm saying is that I'm not sure RS will pick him

Goalscorer? God knows!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 120
Bigdog
October 29, 2017, 1:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Maringer
Good point about the Dixon/Woolford axis on our left. Dixon did fine today, has been part of a defence unbeaten in quite a number of games and one which has kept four clean sheets from the past six games. Despite this, some have singled him out as being terrible!

He's no world beater, but he's capable enough. Woolford a little disappointing after a decent start after he joined - not good, not terrible.

If one of these two players had a bit of pace, we might see a bit more from our left. Not sure that Jaiyesimi has enough to be a regular and win Woolford's place, however. He's shown the odd flash (in his limited time), but has also done very in some sub appearances, however short they may be.

You can always be relied upon to defend the left eh Maringer..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 120
TAGG
October 29, 2017, 1:55pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,952
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Mariner_09
They aren’t supporting the team are they if they are forever booing and moaning about everything anybody associated with the club does.

They are supporting the team because their arses are on the seats not at home ratteling some excrement of their keyboard.
You dont make the decision weather they are "fans" just because they let their feeling known.
I flipping hate Slades football and dont want him anywhere near our club but I didn't boo or chant when he made stupid substitutions but any one who paid their money can say what they want.
Last time I looked we had a free country.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 120
arryarryarry
October 29, 2017, 2:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC

By his own admission when he signed he was pretty unfit due to the lack of a pre season. You can do all you like in the week but the best way to get fit is to play a run of full matches. Reminds me of when Clements signed for his first half a dozen games he looked light weight once he got a good level of fitness he started to run games.

BTW Where are all these proven “clever” left sided attackers we have been hiding?

So if he isn't fit why hasn't he been sent out on loan as other have?
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 120
arryarryarry
October 29, 2017, 2:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Mariner_09

I assume most have paid to get in.
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 120
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.