13 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Mikoo
October 28, 2017, 4:48pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: +466
To the car...

Actually really enjoyed the first half. Played brilliant and would have been a few goals up if not for the post and a few brilliant saves by Forde.

Second half wasn't as good, but didn't expect it to be kicking against the wind. Shame we couldn't get the goal we deserved.

Overall the performance was decent and that's now only 1 defeat in 10 so no idea what the boos were about.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Davec
October 28, 2017, 5:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from Mikoo
To the car...

Actually really enjoyed the first half. Played brilliant and would have been a few goals up if not for the post and a few brilliant saves by Forde.

Second half wasn't as good, but didn't expect it to be kicking against the wind. Shame we couldn't get the goal we deserved.

Overall the performance was decent and that's now only 1 defeat in 10 so no idea what the boos were about.

Welcome to The Fishy Russell.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 120
jimgtfc
October 28, 2017, 5:11pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,009
Gold Stars: 40
Quick summery...

Created a few chances but denied by some good saves and some bad luck. Second half was dire playing into the wind.

Can’t for the life of me work Out why Slade won’t be adventurous in the last 10 mins and have DJ and Dembele both on instead of the slow and anonymous Woolford. Also why take off a striker who can score a goal out of nothing.

Ps. Who on earth decided that having that band in the corner of the pontoon was a good idea? Killed any atmosphere there might have been and seemed to play random songs at random times. We’re not in South America... awful

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 120
OneLove
October 28, 2017, 5:13pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
Absolute boring to watch under slade, the only injection we have is dembele. I know its another point on the board but on an interesting level its crap. My opinion, I aren't a sit on the fencer like some, just getting fed up with these performances week in week out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 120
SheepGTFC
October 28, 2017, 5:13pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: +283
Gold Stars: 6
Well all would have loved a win but a point is a point and it's better than none. Onto the next one, unbeaten run intact.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 120
MarinerBen
October 28, 2017, 5:20pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +243
I don’t mind a draw when it adds to an impressive unbeaten run. Again, there were chances for either team to steal the points, however don’t let this detract from a good team performance where both goalkeepers were on point. Key player for us today IMO was Summerfield.

Looking around today’s results it’s good to see Luton are hitting a rough patch, maybe not as unbeatable as we thought. And with Exeter up next we’ll see how we fare against a promotion chasing team.

"Take what you can, give nothing back"
                                                                 - Capt. J. Sparrow
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 5 - 120
sonofmadeleymariner
October 28, 2017, 5:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,399
Gold Stars: 35
Sparatic moments of good football. Should of scored in the first half when we were the better team. Summerfield and Dembele once again star players.

Second half boring hoofball into the wind. No real creativity. Number of individual errors and bonkers subs.

Slade out unti things change. What a waste of money.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 120
grimps
October 28, 2017, 5:26pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +4,993
Gold Stars: 46
We played well in the first half and was unlucky not to get a couple of goals.
Second half was boring to watch probably ruined by the wind .
If you think our strikers are bad then you wouldn't wants Cambridges , they'd have never have scored in a month of Sunday's.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 120
Mariner Ronnie
October 28, 2017, 5:29pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.81
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Who’d want to manage town eh?

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 120
ginnywings
October 28, 2017, 5:31pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
It was better than the Crawley game but that's not difficult. Made some good chances, didn't take them but as One Love says, it's just boring. Cambridge could have easily passed for a Rugby team, such was their physical bulk. Their No9 is a beast but had good control and was almost impossible to shake off the ball.

Thought Summerfield was very good but Davies was excellent and my MOM, just for his goal line clearance alone.

No goals, no atmosphere and not much to get excited about for me. Yeah, we were ok in patches but i'm just getting fed up with watching two teams of massive blokes cancelling each other out. Without a Reddy type, the game we play is always going to be goal shy.

Never even got to sing happy birthday.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 120
13 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.