Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Paul Hurst
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 263 Guests

Paul Hurst

This thread currently has 39,647 views. Print
22 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
January 4, 2018, 9:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from ginnywings

Would have to be a short one way street with a road surface like the A180 that gives off a monotonous drone when you listen to it  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 190 - 213
January 4, 2018, 9:41pm
Guest User
A good discussion taking place on TalkSport this evening about Paul Hurst.

Discussing what a great manager that he is emerging as, and that one way or the other it looks like a manager that is progressing through the pyramid and will be plying his trade in the Championship very soon.

The suggestion is that clubs like Sheffield Weds are taking an interest in him, but that in any event he is looking like arriving in the Championship with Shrewsbury if a Championship club doesn't come and get him soon.

Made me feel as sick as a parrot, listening to him getting the accolades and coverage on a national sports radio station, knowing that he was our manager and a gaffer that I valued so highly. Oh well
Reply: 191 - 213
arryarryarry
January 4, 2018, 10:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from 120790

Discussing what a great manager that he is emerging as, and that one way or the other it looks like a manager that is progressing through the pyramid and will be plying his trade in the Championship very soon.

The suggestion is that clubs like Sheffield Weds are taking an interest in him, but that in any event he is looking like arriving in the Championship with Shrewsbury if a Championship club doesn't come and get him soon.

Made me feel as sick as a parrot, listening to him getting the accolades and coverage on a national sports radio station, knowing that he was our manager and a gaffer that I valued so highly. Oh well

If you think that much of him why don't you just intercourse off and support Shrewsbury?
Private Message
Reply: 192 - 213
Mariner_09
January 4, 2018, 10:27pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
It makes me sick that some fans fail to see a good manager when they've got on, or when they don't know when they've got something good. I'm sure at the time we didn't all fully appreciate that we were well and truly punching above our weight by winning at Wolves in the Championship and winning at Anfield. Some still can't see that despite the dour interviews (which I mildly disagree with as he said some interesting stuff in them and I almost always agreed with him on everything he said) and the fundamentally conservative approach that we had a properly good manager in Paul Hurst. Some of his signings (Arnold, Podge, Omar, Dis, Pearson, Toto, Gowling, Tait, Magnay, Nolan, Lenny, Hearn and Macca) were all high quality players for that level and let's not forget most of our better performers IMO this year (Summerfield, McKeown, Collins, Davies, Mills and even Berrett was good earlier on) are all Hurst signings. What makes me even sicker mind, is when a chairman (or whatever he calls himself) fails to see it also, "Paul Hurst part of the furniture" 6 weeks later he's gone. Didn't let him have a S&C coach that he wanted, my gut feeling is that his budget wasn't as large as he expected or needed in all honesty. He didn't realise he had something good either and should have been more amenable to Hurst's demands, plus his snidey comments about him in Bignot's press conference, as it's clear to me that Hurst would never has gone off to Shrewsbury unless there'd been a row between the two.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 193 - 213
Tommy
January 4, 2018, 11:13pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from 120790

Are you related to Paul Hurst?
Don't recall you posting about anything other than him, including any actual GTFC games.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 194 - 213
arryarryarry
January 4, 2018, 11:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Mariner_09
It makes me sick that some fans fail to see a good manager when they've got on, or when they don't know when they've got something good. I'm sure at the time we didn't all fully appreciate that we were well and truly punching above our weight by winning at Wolves in the Championship and winning at Anfield. Some still can't see that despite the dour interviews (which I mildly disagree with as he said some interesting stuff in them and I almost always agreed with him on everything he said) and the fundamentally conservative approach that we had a properly good manager in Paul Hurst. Some of his signings (Arnold, Podge, Omar, Dis, Pearson, Toto, Gowling, Tait, Magnay, Nolan, Lenny, Hearn and Macca) were all high quality players for that level and let's not forget most of our better performers IMO this year (Summerfield, McKeown, Collins, Davies, Mills and even Berrett was good earlier on) are all Hurst signings. What makes me even sicker mind, is when a chairman (or whatever he calls himself) fails to see it also, "Paul Hurst part of the furniture" 6 weeks later he's gone. Didn't let him have a S&C coach that he wanted, my gut feeling is that his budget wasn't as large as he expected or needed in all honesty. He didn't realise he had something good either and should have been more amenable to Hurst's demands, plus his snidey comments about him in Bignot's press conference, as it's clear to me that Hurst would never has gone off to Shrewsbury unless there'd been a row between the two.

If he was that good at signing high quality players, why did it take him 4 years to get us promoted and that, as I mentioned earlier was quite lucky?

Was it poor tactics then?
Private Message
Reply: 195 - 213
Marinerz93
January 4, 2018, 11:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from arryarryarry

If he was that good at signing high quality players, why did it take him 4 years to get us promoted and that, as I mentioned earlier was quite lucky?

Budget as we couldn't compete with the likes of Dover, it's then obvious our budget would be lowered compared to most of the clubs in League 2 and we didn't have the backroom staff like other well run clubs.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 196 - 213
MarinerWY
January 4, 2018, 11:40pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from arryarryarry

If you think that much of him why don't you just intercourse off and support Shrewsbury?

Don't be so ridiculous. That's like suggesting all those stating the virtues of a fan owned club should intercourse off and support one. Am I allowed to support Town and rate other team's managers or players?
Private Message
Reply: 197 - 213
arryarryarry
January 5, 2018, 12:41am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from MarinerWY

Don't be so ridiculous. That's like suggesting all those stating the virtues of a fan owned club should intercourse off and support one. Am I allowed to support Town and rate other team's managers or players?

If you want but it's got to the point that some are virtual stalkers of the bloke.
Private Message
Reply: 198 - 213
sam gy
January 5, 2018, 10:25am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,477
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from arryarryarry

How is attaining a playoff spot over the course of a season, and then winning the play offs 'lucky' in any way?

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 199 - 213
22 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Paul Hurst

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.