Reply: 40 - 112
Bigdog
August 21, 2017, 10:56pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
What I don't understand is if it was the other way round, ie Stevenage fans complaining of similar treatment at BP, the response on here compared to the shite spouted on Borochat would be one of shock, concern and wanting to get to the bottom of the complaint.

The talk is on their forum of how our fans were like animals re last season's visit. I was there last season and have never seen 1400 fans be less vocal or boisterous. Everyone was in shock at how poor the performance was. There was no hooligan element there last year and no chance they'd turn up this year or any other year. God knows what the reaction would be if they actually turned up in numbers one year.

The recurring theme is clubs that have spent most of their history in non-league still operate that way in their thinking. Problems with stewarding occurring at clubs like Stevenage, Cheltenham and FGR are no coincidence. Three tinpot clubs who to this day have never seen a GTFC hooligan firm inside any one of their grounds and still can't get it right..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 112
headingly_mariner
August 22, 2017, 12:05am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
"Finger of blame pointed" that's an absolute cracker. Leaves no doubt who's written that. Fair play to the club for batting it back to Stevenage though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 112
Mrbump53
August 22, 2017, 12:31am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +335
Gold Stars: 11
Raises the question that appears to have been the club (stevenage) itself that outlined the approach to take and as such must be investigated and whether they should face sanctions if proven.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 112
EY Mariner
August 22, 2017, 12:41am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +865
Gold Stars: 5
If the Stevenage hierarchy thought their statement would end the matter, I think they should now have realised that, if anything, they have only made things worse. Not only have they sought to defend the indefensible, but they have also blatantly failed to acknowledge the impact of their actions on several hundred paying customers. If those are the actions of a friendly club, then I wouldn't wish an unfriendly one on my worst enemy.

I have also had correspondence with a representative of the FSF this evening who told me she was "outraged" (her word, not mine) at the Stevenage statement and options for action are being considered.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 112
MuddyWaters
August 22, 2017, 6:31am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Fair play to the club. Hope the League throw the book at Stevenage but suspect they won't.
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 112
Caesar
August 22, 2017, 8:12am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
Quoted from Bigdog
What I don't understand is if it was the other way round, ie Stevenage fans complaining of similar treatment at BP, the response on here compared to the shite spouted on Borochat would be one of shock, concern and wanting to get to the bottom of the complaint.

The talk is on their forum of how our fans were like animals re last season's visit. I was there last season and have never seen 1400 fans be less vocal or boisterous. Everyone was in shock at how poor the performance was. There was no hooligan element there last year and no chance they'd turn up this year or any other year. God knows what the reaction would be if they actually turned up in numbers one year.

The recurring theme is clubs that have spent most of their history in non-league still operate that way in their thinking. Problems with stewarding occurring at clubs like Stevenage, Cheltenham and FGR are no coincidence. Three tinpot clubs who to this day have never seen a GTFC hooligan firm inside any one of their grounds and still can't get it right..

This for me is so bloody frustrating I have no problem calling out the club when we are wrong (and as I do, I feel the need to add their statement is a good one and they are doing the right thing by us in my view)

The tribalism of Stevenage fans blaming us for non existent trouble last year and at Chesterfield to defend the clubs actions is ridiculous.  The club messed up here, not the fans and we are all fans so they should be standing with us.  It doesn't change the fact they won on the day and thoroughly deserved to if you criticise your stewarding team and stadium officials.  Until fans learn to stick together we will be picked off by police forces unfairly tarnishing us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 112
1mickylyons
August 22, 2017, 8:22am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,382
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Caesar

This for me is so bloody frustrating I have no problem calling out the club when we are wrong (and as I do, I feel the need to add their statement is a good one and they are doing the right thing by us in my view)

The tribalism of Stevenage fans blaming us for non existent trouble last year and at Chesterfield to defend the clubs actions is ridiculous.  The club messed up here, not the fans and we are all fans so they should be standing with us.  It doesn't change the fact they won on the day and thoroughly deserved to if you criticise your stewarding team and stadium officials.  Until fans learn to stick together we will be picked off by police forces unfairly tarnishing us.

I put that down to the fact the Stevenage fans are amongst this new breed of happy clappers who have no idea what passionate support and history of a football Club means.The sooner the likes of Wrexham,Orient (through gritted teeth Tranmere and H`pool) get there acts together and rejoin us and Lincoln in the football league and replace FGR,Stevenage,Cheltenham and Crawley the better.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 112
grimps
August 22, 2017, 10:23am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,113
Gold Stars: 46
I've always said this leagues full of dross non league clubs that bring no value (or away fans ) to the table.
Stevenage are one of them
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 112
topuphere666
August 22, 2017, 12:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
Reading various social media a lot of other fans from
League 2 clubs are saying they won't be attending Stevenage away.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 112
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Stevenage Safety Officers Response

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.