12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Kristine
August 22, 2017, 5:29pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 41
Trust aren't resting, I'm not resting, FSF won't rest and I'm sure the club will look to reach the correct conclusion too.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 112
HertsGTFC
August 22, 2017, 5:31pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,874
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from Kristine
Trust aren't resting, I'm not resting, FSF won't rest and I'm sure the club will look to reach the correct conclusion too.

Good to hear!!

Is the end game an unreserved apology?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 112
HertsGTFC
August 22, 2017, 5:38pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from RichMariner
They're in a tough situation, made tougher by their poor attempt at a response yesterday.

Apologies for the lengthy post but I used to work in a PR team and these are my thoughts/observations on the story.

In all my time working in that PR team I only had one occasion when the story went national (much in the way this has).

We weren't able to cope with all the phone calls, emails and requests for info. I learnt a lot from that experience and so far I'm seeing Stevenage make the same mistakes.

Firstly, don't take ages to reply. At the very least, act quickly, show you're working fast. Even if you can't say much, just tell people you're taking it seriously and looking into it. NEVER attempt to point the finger at anyone else, even if you think you have fair reason to.

The EFL pretty much did this with their statement. It was more of a holding statement but it's what was required.

The national media are relentless (particularly the Daily Mail). We had people sitting outside our offices, writing down number plates of cars parked outside, threats of doorstepping and all sorts.

Not saying Stevenage will have to deal with that, but basically I'd be surprised if they're able to cope alone with this. They'll probably need support from an external PR agency, which will cost them a bit.

Basically I think they underestimated how far we'd take this. Massively. We're not just a few football fans whinging on social media - as a collective we're a force to be reckoned with. The Trust has done excellent work bringing this story to the attention of football fans across the country. It's a much wider issue than just being 'over-frisked' by bully stewards.

It's generally good practice not to share your complaint with the media until after you've given the 'accused' a chance to reply.

However, in this instance, I have no sympathy. Stevenage didn't give our fans a chance to enjoy the match - a match we paid good money to see - so they can lump it. Why should we treat them with respect when they showed us none?

The thing about this case is that the damage is done. I'm not suggesting the Trust and others involved can put their feet up, because they shouldn't. What I mean is, in most people's eyes, Stevenage now have a reputation for dodgy stewarding because of the media coverage.

Mud sticks - as we know from Derbyshire Police's account of so-called damage we didn't cause in Chesterfield.

Also, if any CCTV footage comes out that shows stewards feeling female supporters' bras, then that's their reputation damaged HUGELY. Because under no circumstances is it ever reasonable to check bras as part of security checks at football matches.

Airports, maybe. Police arrests, yes - in certain protective conditions. Once any image of any bra touching sees the light of day, well, I'd rather not be Stevenage's safety officer, let's put it like that.

Good post.........

Couple of things for me,

1 Has anyone spoken to the likes of the SLOs at Pompy, Barnet, Luton, Cambridge and Colchester who would have all taken good gates to Stevenage did they get the same treatment?

2 All it would have taken to move this forward would have been a magnanimous approach from Steveange in their media releases something like "we are looking into it and if we have done wrong it will be fixed" but no it appears that they want to be your typical Billy big balls Southerners and tough it out.

Great to see that Kristine and The Trust etc... are not allowing this to drop.

UTM!!!.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 112
Kristine
August 22, 2017, 5:44pm
Mariners Trust
One of the aims will be an apology yes.

I have spoken to a couple of SLO's yes and both confirm stewarding issues although not to the scale or like that we had.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 112
HertsGTFC
August 22, 2017, 5:46pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Kristine
One of the aims will be an apology yes.

I have spoken to a couple of SLO's yes and both confirm stewarding issues although not to the scale or like that we had.

Than you Kristine, have you recovered from that pillock on Twitter calling you "sweet cheeks" on Twitter earlier?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 112
Kristine
August 22, 2017, 5:47pm
Mariners Trust
hahaha, think that was last night.  Cheered me up bless him......

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 112
MuddyWaters
August 22, 2017, 6:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Than you Kristine, have you recovered from that pillock on Twitter calling you "sweet cheeks" on Twitter earlier?

Are you apologising to Pompy (sic) who will not be going to Stevenage as they're in a different league?  
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 112
HertsGTFC
August 22, 2017, 7:03pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Are you apologising to Pompy (sic) who will not be going to Stevenage as they're in a different league?  

I ave not got a clue what you mean?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 112
jock dock tower
August 22, 2017, 8:02pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Quoted from MuddyWaters

The post was about last year's gates as it says "would have taken good followings" We're the only away following they've had this year.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 112
topuphere666
August 27, 2017, 11:01am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
I was chatting to a lincoln fan about this and he told me that when they play away there the guys are going to do dress up as women.

Good on them if it happens
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 112
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Stevenage Safety Officers Response

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.