Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Paul Hurst on becoming Shrewsbury boss
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 14 Guests

Paul Hurst on becoming Shrewsbury boss

This thread currently has 17,169 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
October 24, 2016, 4:23pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Lets see what happens, they are half a dozen points off safety and in my mind when that is the case and you change manager you want someone who has a big character and breath instant fresh air and energy into a club whilst motivation the players to do better and also getting the fans behind you.............  It remains to be seen if that is in Paul's skill set as he very taken on such a challenge?

He has had time here he may not be afforded such luxury come May..

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 77
Marinerz93
October 24, 2016, 4:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Did Fenty ask him if he loved the club and if he did, he should think about managing it for free?

Also we had a director leave the board because as he claimed promises weren't kept. I wonder who the promise crusher is?

What is Shrewsbury away following?

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 77
Tommy
October 24, 2016, 4:42pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from Marinerz93
Did Fenty ask him if he loved the club and if he did, he should think about managing it for free?

Also we had a director leave the board because as he claimed promises weren't kept. I wonder who the promise crusher is?

Exactly. Been several issues in recent years that have seen people leave the Club.

And the common denominator is.......?

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 77
Vance Warner
October 24, 2016, 4:51pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,786
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from Grim74
All this about having great facilities is just bollox it hasn't done Shrewsbury much good as it, and the ungrateful little excrement decides to have pathetic digs at what must be Fenty, if it wasn't for Fenty sticking by him when the vast majority of fans wanted him out he'd be managing back at Boston by now.

Absolutly delighted we have now got rid of the cowardly little weasel and his boring assistant, now looking forward to their demise.
it's onwards and upwards for the Mariners with a good appointment as far as I'm concerned.

With support like yours I don't know how the new manager could go wrong
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 77
Barrattstander
October 24, 2016, 4:59pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +868
Gold Stars: 14
I don't blame Paul for cashing in on his reputation whilst it's on a high (promotion last year, play-off position this year) as the career of a Football Manager is perilous, but if Shrewsbury is the only interest there has been in him then maybe his reputation isn't really that high.

62 Seasons following the Mariners from the Barrett Stand side.(apart from 2020-21)

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 77
RichMariner
October 24, 2016, 5:03pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,132
Gold Stars: 209
He is without doubt our most successful manager since Buckley. There may be bits and pieces of his tenure I didn't like - after all, no one's perfect - but I was a big fan of his and I'm sad to see him go.

I needed to say that up front, because what I say next might be interpreted as sour grapes...

I don't think he'll keep Shrewsbury up this season. He turned us around, and in five years' time he might have Shrewsbury in a better place than they are today. But he needs time to turn it around.

We got promoted with Hurst's squad. They were his signings, playing his system. Entirely.

There's nothing at Shrewsbury that's his. How did he do in his early days with us (alongside Scott)? Five months after being appointed, we lost 5-0 to Braintree.

Does he have the right mentality and attitude for a relegation battle? It's new territory for him.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 35 - 77
Grim74
October 24, 2016, 5:08pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Vance Warner

With support like yours I don't know how the new manager could go wrong

I was one of the few that supported Buckley when he left for West Brom, And i would of supported Hurst if he hadn't been such an arrogant disrespectful male masturbator.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 77
Grimsby2012
October 24, 2016, 5:16pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -8
Approval: -1,466
Gold Stars: 22
I find some of the comments on here in regards to Hurst Departure, very disrespectful.

Yes, As with most, I am disappointed that he isn't our manager anymore. However, I do not hold any anger towards him what so ever.  Hurst took is out of the depth of hell ( Conference ) and put together a very good team that could possibly fight for the play-offs in league 2.

I have nothing but praise for him and wish him all the best in his future as a manager.

Thanks for everything Hursty!

I blocked seeing red ticks years ago so go ahead   If I don't reply to you then i didn't read your replies  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 77
MuddyWaters
October 24, 2016, 5:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Grimsby2012
I find some of the comments on here in regards to Hurst Departure, very disrespectful.

Yes, As with most, I am disappointed that he isn't our manager anymore. However, I do not hold any anger towards him what so ever.  Hurst took is out of the depth of hell ( Conference ) and put together a very good team that could possibly fight for the play-offs in league 2.

I have nothing but praise for him and wish him all the best in his future as a manager.

Thanks for everything Hursty!

You're OK with him cowardly putting his snivelling (in more ways than one) assistant up for interview on Saturday after another inept home attacking performance then?

He had plenty of chances to achieve what he eventually achieved and then only succeeded courtesy of a Braintree defender's brain fade and Monkhouse's injury. Thanks for the promotion Paul but no thanks to the cupping of the ears and all the other sh!te you threw at the people who paid your wages.
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 77
headingly_mariner
October 24, 2016, 5:27pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from MuddyWaters

You're OK with him cowardly putting his snivelling (in more ways than one) assistant up for interview on Saturday after another inept home attacking performance then?

He had plenty of chances to achieve what he eventually achieved and then only succeeded courtesy of a Braintree defender's brain fade and Monkhouse's injury. Thanks for the promotion Paul but no thanks to the cupping of the ears and all the other sh!te you threw at the people who paid your wages.

So he didn't speak, we don't quite know the reason and we don't know if he'd had any talks then or if he had been asked not to talk by the club.
Luck is a two way thing, a year earlier he was on the end of a reffing howler that surely would have seen us promoted had Bristol rovers had their keeper sent off. He still managed to motivate another team to the playoffs which was a serious feat.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 77
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Paul Hurst on becoming Shrewsbury boss

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.