Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › What's your taste in music then?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 15 Guests

What's your taste in music then?

This thread currently has 84,824 views. Print
98 Pages Prev ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 Next All Recommend Thread
Connecticut Mariner
March 23, 2023, 7:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.22
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +730
Gold Stars: 7
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 900 - 977
Teesknees
April 6, 2023, 8:59am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,596
Gold Stars: 18
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 901 - 977
Les Brechin
April 6, 2023, 3:04pm

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,720
Gold Stars: 174
Looking forward to Jimbob's 12th solo album coming out in a few weeks time.

And a classic Jimbob tune.

OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 902 - 977
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
May 6, 2023, 11:19am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.85
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 555
Particularly apt given today’s Westminster noncesense…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 903 - 977
Manchester Mariner
May 6, 2023, 11:34am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,822
Gold Stars: 41

Great band to see live if you get the chance. Intense.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 904 - 977
Rick12
May 6, 2023, 4:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45

Sad you feel that way Knuts about the crowning of the king. Iam more in favour than against the monarchy. A fair few in the armed services share my view as well ( tweet by former army major below) .Especially more poignant given that many soldiers have sacrificed so much in years gone by  to enable us to live our lives in relative freedom now .

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Those who attack our King, our history and traditions, want to dismantle our society and create a Marxist ‘utopia.’ Be under no illusions, that’s the plan.<br><br>Well, they can FO!<br><br>God Save The King, and by extension the United Kingdom 🇬🇧</p>&mdash; Dominic Farrell (@DominicFarrell) <a href="
Tweet 1654754593719320576 will appear here...
charset="utf-8"></script>

If you get the chance check this book out which captures the heartache of what soldiers have to put themselves through and tragedy that comes post service. A ex squaddie  and associate of the author who was a soldier slit his own throat and died  when he came back from duty in Afghanistan as he struggled with the horrors he had seen:

Brothers in arms by Geraint Jones

I can see some arguments why people maybe against the monarchy eg money and the like but its also tradition and heritage which goes back a long way to the Anglo Saxon conquest in roughly 410 AD. Having said that I miss the Queen.A good figurehead which will be sadly missed on my part.

RIP and period.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 905 - 977
Rick12
May 6, 2023, 5:44pm
Vodka Drinker
One of my favourite songs given the powerful lyrics :

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 906 - 977
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
May 6, 2023, 9:16pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.85
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from Rick12
Sad you feel that way Knuts about the crowning of the king. Iam more in favour than against the monarchy. A fair few in the armed services share my view as well ( tweet by former army major below) .Especially more poignant given that many soldiers have sacrificed so much in years gone by  to enable us to live our lives in relative freedom now .

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Those who attack our King, our history and traditions, want to dismantle our society and create a Marxist ‘utopia.’ Be under no illusions, that’s the plan.<br><br>Well, they can FO!<br><br>God Save The King, and by extension the United Kingdom 🇬🇧</p>&mdash; Dominic Farrell (@DominicFarrell) <a href="
Tweet 1654754593719320576 will appear here...
charset="utf-8"></script>

If you get the chance check this book out which captures the heartache of what soldiers have to put themselves through and tragedy that comes post service. A ex squaddie  and associate of the author who was a soldier slit his own throat and died  when he came back from duty in Afghanistan as he struggled with the horrors he had seen:

Brothers in arms by Geraint Jones

I can see some arguments why people maybe against the monarchy eg money and the like but its also tradition and heritage which goes back a long way to the Anglo Saxon conquest in roughly 410 AD. Having said that I miss the Queen.A good figurehead which will be sadly missed on my part.

RIP and period

Dear Rick,

Both of my Grandads were wounded at Cassino. Both survived. One was in a wheelchair by 1950, the other by 1962. Both died before I was born and I never met them.

The bullets that eventually killed them may have been fired by German soldiers but their deaths are the result of General Mark Clark and other cowardly murderers chasing personal glory at the expense of human lives.

You are entitled to your opinion but I’d be careful relying on and distributing far right material on the Fishy.

Burning and flaying Jews, Christians and Muslims is a tradition and heritage but thankfully the more sensible and educated members of modern, global society have moved on from behaviour such as that.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 907 - 977
Teesknees
May 7, 2023, 9:48am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,596
Gold Stars: 18
Ian Hunter, who turns 84 next month as a new album out, Defiance Part I.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 908 - 977
Rick12
May 7, 2023, 3:15pm
Vodka Drinker

Dear Rick,

Both of my Grandads were wounded at Cassino. Both survived. One was in a wheelchair by 1950, the other by 1962. Both died before I was born and I never met them.

The bullets that eventually killed them may have been fired by German soldiers but their deaths are the result of General Mark Clark and other cowardly murderers chasing personal glory at the expense of human lives.

You are entitled to your opinion but I’d be careful relying on and distributing far right material on the Fishy.

Burning and flaying Jews, Christians and Muslims is a tradition and heritage but thankfully the more sensible and educated members of modern, global society have moved on from behaviour such as that.

Some military generals may of been like that in history but not all. Likewise let's not forget there is leftist extremism as well to contend with as well as that of the right .

My political allegiance is more the middle ground with a tendency to verge more on environmental issues Knut's . Similarly the people I look up to most in history are probably Jesus and the Guru Nanak the founders of the Christian and Sikh faiths. Both professed similar ideology's in that it was one of fairness and love for all.

The tweet by the former major in the British army is to me indicative of something deeper and nothing to do with far right  extremism albeit probably  a more conservative view which from a bit of research military personal tend to verge more on the right side of politics . When your in the line of fire directly and have faced atrocity's which are beyond mine and yours understanding  until you have experienced military service directly yourself  even though your family battled for the Allies (respect) its hard to properly assess how you would be moulded. From personal life experience I can testify to this as well. You can read all the books and research under the sun but its no substitute for real life experience of the tragedies which life can bring and ultimately mould you for better or worse if you let it. I note and recap  Ant Middleton the ex soldier said something similar as well. Following 8 years in the paras from joining at 17 he was a changed person from a naive kid to a more hardened young man.

Again I don't think no left or right political views  has all the answers  which is why I trust noone fully in this life.

Brilliant song on the subject of war below and probably my favourite one. First time I heard it it moved me immeasurably :

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 909 - 977
98 Pages Prev ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › What's your taste in music then?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.