Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Striking Decisions!
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 263 Guests

Striking Decisions!

This thread currently has 8,314 views. Print
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
thefish
April 26, 2015, 8:56am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,267
Gold Stars: 67
After Ross Hannah's brace and Pittman's goal and assist, it seems MR Hurst has a bit of a dilemma up top on Thursday. The question is, if you was in Paul's shoes, who would you give the nod to?

For me it would be-

Pittman- good goal and assist yesterday. Shows signs of real quality (at times)

Palmer- not played well in his last couple, but is a goalscorer and I still have faith in him.

Logged Offline
Private Message
LongEatonMariner
April 26, 2015, 9:01am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
Close call but due to Palmer's seeming loss of form Pitman and Shop with Palmer first change. Hannah's goals don't change my view that he's not good enough for a promotion winning team.

It was good to see the reaction of the subs inc Palmer to Hannah's second goal. Smells like team spirit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 54
northbankmariner
April 26, 2015, 9:01am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +27 / -3
Approval: +525
Shop and pitman
Palmer and Hannah on bench to change style or tactics

CLAP
CLAP
CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP
FISH
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 54
April 26, 2015, 9:03am
Guest User
I think knowing PH, Lenny is nailed on to start. Who partners him is a difficult decision. For me, whenever we have had a big game Palmer has been awful. Pittman is the best striker at the club in my opinion, Ross Hannah is maybe a little too lightweight away from home and is still down the pecking order but perhaps more in PH's thoughts now.

None of our strikers are as good as Akinde which is why we aren't champions in my opinion. I would go for Pittman and LJL.
Reply: 3 - 54
chaos33
April 26, 2015, 9:04am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
Really not sure. Eastleigh are a tall, physical team so that will obviously have some bearing. I think Hurst will go LJL and either Palmer or Pitman. This will either give him two physical presences up front or one.

All of our strikers are so hot and cold, so selecting the firing two from four is really difficult. What I'd like to see, whatever Hurst selects, is a willingness to introduce a different striker from the bench nice and early if the ones on the pitch are not doing the business. I hope the players rise to the challenge, because now is the time for them to deliver. I pray that Hurst's favouritism of Lennie is proven well founded, as I think he's sure to start. It does worry me.

Edit: 2 instant red crosses for that balanced view. Cheers.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 54
HertsGTFC
April 26, 2015, 9:15am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,639
Gold Stars: 217
LJL and JPP.......... Only because I don't expect PH to do anything brave!!  I reckon the only other decision is Chappell or Arnold as I expect Brownie to partner Dis.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 54
April 26, 2015, 9:19am
Guest User
Quoted from HertsGTFC
LJL and JPP.......... Only because I don't expect PH to do anything brave!!  I reckon the only other decision is Chappell or Arnold as I expect Brownie to partner Dis.  

Slightly going off topic but Jordan Chappel is a player, can he play wide left as Jack Macreth is on form and should start on the right? If not, then I suppose Chris is right in choosing the hot and cold Nathan Arnold on the left wing. I'd probably go with Scott Brown's experience over Clay in the middle of the park. I'm surprised Disley played the 90 yesterday as he'll be playing 3 games in 8 days at 33 years old - though it doesn't seem a problem for him.
Reply: 6 - 54
chaos33
April 26, 2015, 9:20am
Barley Wine Drinker
I think he'll go Arnold as he's rested him obviously hoping to get him fresh and sharp. I'd prefer Clay to partner Disley.

Another question - will Jolley regain a place on the bench?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 54
LongEatonMariner
April 26, 2015, 9:22am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
Might Clay play instead of Brown due to his greater height and probable heading ability against a big physical team?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 54
chaos33
April 26, 2015, 9:27am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from LongEatonMariner
Might Clay play instead of Brown due to his greater height and probable heading ability against a big physical team?

Yip. You could also argue that he has more composure and is less likely to get booked for fouling than Brown, and Eastleigh are a team known for their gamesmanship, winding players up, trying to win fouls etc. on that basis I see Clay as a safer and more consistent bet.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 54
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Striking Decisions!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.