Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Striking Decisions!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 155 Guests

Striking Decisions!

This thread currently has 8,346 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
April 26, 2015, 9:32am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,344
Gold Stars: 527
Quoted from 75
I think knowing PH, Lenny is nailed on to start. Who partners him is a difficult decision. For me, whenever we have had a big game Palmer has been awful. Pittman is the best striker at the club in my opinion, Ross Hannah is maybe a little too lightweight away from home and is still down the pecking order but perhaps more in PH's thoughts now.

None of our strikers are as good as Akinde which is why we aren't champions in my opinion. I would go for Pittman and LJL.

absolutely this! for me pittman has to start, a shame really that he has had injuries throughout the season
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 54
Maringer
April 26, 2015, 9:34am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,382
Gold Stars: 184
I think Clay will probably get the nod ahead of Brown in the middle in part due to his height. Though Brown did OK yesterday, it was hardly a blistering performance and I doubt he's done enough in the last couple of games to secure the place.

I reckon we'll see an LJL/Palmer striking partnership on Thursday. Hopefully they can both rekindle their decent form from earlier in the season!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 54
oldun
April 26, 2015, 9:43am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Pittman seemed a bit puzzled when he was subbed yesterday. Fabulous skill for his assist for Hannah's second goal and also great strength and composure for his goal. However PH was right to give Lennie half an hour to keep him fresh. Lennie of course had time to miss a good chance but was very close with an excellent header. Lenny and Pittman for me on Thurs, but  none of us know the form in training of Palmer. Hannah looked sharp yesterday but he was up against a poor defence. He took his goals well because he was given the ball in space, not always possible against a better defence.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 54
oldun
April 26, 2015, 9:44am

Whiskey Drinker
Pittman seemed a bit puzzled when he was subbed yesterday. Fabulous skill for his assist for Hannah's second goal and also great strength and composure for his goal. However PH was right to give Lennie half an hour to keep him fresh. Lennie of course had time to miss a good chance but was very close with an excellent header. Lenny and Pittman for me on Thurs, but  none of us know the form in training of Palmer. Hannah looked sharp yesterday but he was up against a poor defence. He took his goals well because he was given the ball in space, not always possible against a better defence.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 54
oldun
April 26, 2015, 9:44am

Whiskey Drinker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 54
April 26, 2015, 9:52am
Guest User
Quoted from LongEatonMariner
Might Clay play instead of Brown due to his greater height and probable heading ability against a big physical team?

Good call.
Reply: 15 - 54
GyMariner
April 26, 2015, 11:28am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 7
I've had a look at the starting line up from the 1-0 away win at Eastleigh. I think we should keep the line up the same for the away match. Palmer and LJL upfront and clay and Disley in the middle. Although I wouldn't start with Jolley on the wing. For the home match depending on the score maybe we can introduce JPP/Hannah for a more attacking approach.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 54
MeanwoodMariner
April 26, 2015, 12:29pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
As a few people have said, our strikers are all quite hot & cold. Given that the front 2 yesterday did so well it must be tempting to keep them in. But he will almost certainly go with Lenny plus Palmer if he's fully fit, otherwise Pittman.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 54
bluebottle
April 26, 2015, 2:17pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +459
[quote=2972]Pittman seemed a bit puzzled when he was subbed yesterday.

He had looked across to the bench and said something prior to being replaced. As soon as he had sat down a bag of ice was handed to him which he held on his leg.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 54
Spiritater
April 26, 2015, 2:30pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +138
Quoted from LongEatonMariner
Close call but due to Palmer's seeming loss of form Pitman and Shop with Palmer first change. Hannah's goals don't change my view that he's not good enough for a promotion winning team.

It was good to see the reaction of the subs inc Palmer to Hannah's second goal. Smells like team spirit.

I'm not surprised Ollie P is now on the bench for you lot and not a starter. If you do manage to extricate yourselves from the Conf then you'll find him struggling to make any impact in the FL if he signs in the summer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Striking Decisions!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.