Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Striking Decisions!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 183 Guests

Striking Decisions!

This thread currently has 8,345 views. Print
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
thefish
April 26, 2015, 8:56am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,267
Gold Stars: 67
After Ross Hannah's brace and Pittman's goal and assist, it seems MR Hurst has a bit of a dilemma up top on Thursday. The question is, if you was in Paul's shoes, who would you give the nod to?

For me it would be-

Pittman- good goal and assist yesterday. Shows signs of real quality (at times)

Palmer- not played well in his last couple, but is a goalscorer and I still have faith in him.

Logged Offline
Private Message
LongEatonMariner
April 26, 2015, 9:01am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
Close call but due to Palmer's seeming loss of form Pitman and Shop with Palmer first change. Hannah's goals don't change my view that he's not good enough for a promotion winning team.

It was good to see the reaction of the subs inc Palmer to Hannah's second goal. Smells like team spirit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 54
northbankmariner
April 26, 2015, 9:01am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +27 / -3
Approval: +525
Shop and pitman
Palmer and Hannah on bench to change style or tactics

CLAP
CLAP
CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP
FISH
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 54
April 26, 2015, 9:03am
Guest User
I think knowing PH, Lenny is nailed on to start. Who partners him is a difficult decision. For me, whenever we have had a big game Palmer has been awful. Pittman is the best striker at the club in my opinion, Ross Hannah is maybe a little too lightweight away from home and is still down the pecking order but perhaps more in PH's thoughts now.

None of our strikers are as good as Akinde which is why we aren't champions in my opinion. I would go for Pittman and LJL.
Reply: 3 - 54
chaos33
April 26, 2015, 9:04am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
Really not sure. Eastleigh are a tall, physical team so that will obviously have some bearing. I think Hurst will go LJL and either Palmer or Pitman. This will either give him two physical presences up front or one.

All of our strikers are so hot and cold, so selecting the firing two from four is really difficult. What I'd like to see, whatever Hurst selects, is a willingness to introduce a different striker from the bench nice and early if the ones on the pitch are not doing the business. I hope the players rise to the challenge, because now is the time for them to deliver. I pray that Hurst's favouritism of Lennie is proven well founded, as I think he's sure to start. It does worry me.

Edit: 2 instant red crosses for that balanced view. Cheers.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 54
HertsGTFC
April 26, 2015, 9:15am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,869
Gold Stars: 227
LJL and JPP.......... Only because I don't expect PH to do anything brave!!  I reckon the only other decision is Chappell or Arnold as I expect Brownie to partner Dis.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 54
April 26, 2015, 9:19am
Guest User
Quoted from HertsGTFC
LJL and JPP.......... Only because I don't expect PH to do anything brave!!  I reckon the only other decision is Chappell or Arnold as I expect Brownie to partner Dis.  

Slightly going off topic but Jordan Chappel is a player, can he play wide left as Jack Macreth is on form and should start on the right? If not, then I suppose Chris is right in choosing the hot and cold Nathan Arnold on the left wing. I'd probably go with Scott Brown's experience over Clay in the middle of the park. I'm surprised Disley played the 90 yesterday as he'll be playing 3 games in 8 days at 33 years old - though it doesn't seem a problem for him.
Reply: 6 - 54
chaos33
April 26, 2015, 9:20am
Barley Wine Drinker
I think he'll go Arnold as he's rested him obviously hoping to get him fresh and sharp. I'd prefer Clay to partner Disley.

Another question - will Jolley regain a place on the bench?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 54
LongEatonMariner
April 26, 2015, 9:22am
Fine Wine Drinker
Might Clay play instead of Brown due to his greater height and probable heading ability against a big physical team?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 54
chaos33
April 26, 2015, 9:27am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from LongEatonMariner
Might Clay play instead of Brown due to his greater height and probable heading ability against a big physical team?

Yip. You could also argue that he has more composure and is less likely to get booked for fouling than Brown, and Eastleigh are a team known for their gamesmanship, winding players up, trying to win fouls etc. on that basis I see Clay as a safer and more consistent bet.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 54
Hagrid
April 26, 2015, 9:32am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,344
Gold Stars: 527
Quoted from 75
I think knowing PH, Lenny is nailed on to start. Who partners him is a difficult decision. For me, whenever we have had a big game Palmer has been awful. Pittman is the best striker at the club in my opinion, Ross Hannah is maybe a little too lightweight away from home and is still down the pecking order but perhaps more in PH's thoughts now.

None of our strikers are as good as Akinde which is why we aren't champions in my opinion. I would go for Pittman and LJL.

absolutely this! for me pittman has to start, a shame really that he has had injuries throughout the season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 54
Maringer
April 26, 2015, 9:34am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,382
Gold Stars: 184
I think Clay will probably get the nod ahead of Brown in the middle in part due to his height. Though Brown did OK yesterday, it was hardly a blistering performance and I doubt he's done enough in the last couple of games to secure the place.

I reckon we'll see an LJL/Palmer striking partnership on Thursday. Hopefully they can both rekindle their decent form from earlier in the season!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 54
oldun
April 26, 2015, 9:43am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Pittman seemed a bit puzzled when he was subbed yesterday. Fabulous skill for his assist for Hannah's second goal and also great strength and composure for his goal. However PH was right to give Lennie half an hour to keep him fresh. Lennie of course had time to miss a good chance but was very close with an excellent header. Lenny and Pittman for me on Thurs, but  none of us know the form in training of Palmer. Hannah looked sharp yesterday but he was up against a poor defence. He took his goals well because he was given the ball in space, not always possible against a better defence.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 54
oldun
April 26, 2015, 9:44am

Whiskey Drinker
Pittman seemed a bit puzzled when he was subbed yesterday. Fabulous skill for his assist for Hannah's second goal and also great strength and composure for his goal. However PH was right to give Lennie half an hour to keep him fresh. Lennie of course had time to miss a good chance but was very close with an excellent header. Lenny and Pittman for me on Thurs, but  none of us know the form in training of Palmer. Hannah looked sharp yesterday but he was up against a poor defence. He took his goals well because he was given the ball in space, not always possible against a better defence.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 54
oldun
April 26, 2015, 9:44am

Whiskey Drinker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 54
April 26, 2015, 9:52am
Guest User

Good call.
Reply: 15 - 54
GyMariner
April 26, 2015, 11:28am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 7
I've had a look at the starting line up from the 1-0 away win at Eastleigh. I think we should keep the line up the same for the away match. Palmer and LJL upfront and clay and Disley in the middle. Although I wouldn't start with Jolley on the wing. For the home match depending on the score maybe we can introduce JPP/Hannah for a more attacking approach.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 54
MeanwoodMariner
April 26, 2015, 12:29pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
As a few people have said, our strikers are all quite hot & cold. Given that the front 2 yesterday did so well it must be tempting to keep them in. But he will almost certainly go with Lenny plus Palmer if he's fully fit, otherwise Pittman.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 54
bluebottle
April 26, 2015, 2:17pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +459
[quote=2972]Pittman seemed a bit puzzled when he was subbed yesterday.

He had looked across to the bench and said something prior to being replaced. As soon as he had sat down a bag of ice was handed to him which he held on his leg.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 54
Spiritater
April 26, 2015, 2:30pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +138
Close call but due to Palmer's seeming loss of form Pitman and Shop with Palmer first change. Hannah's goals don't change my view that he's not good enough for a promotion winning team.

It was good to see the reaction of the subs inc Palmer to Hannah's second goal. Smells like team spirit.

I'm not surprised Ollie P is now on the bench for you lot and not a starter. If you do manage to extricate yourselves from the Conf then you'll find him struggling to make any impact in the FL if he signs in the summer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 54
KK_DOG
April 26, 2015, 2:44pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +472
All a matter of opinion. Ollie has been brilliant for us and scored a fair few goals. Plays well partnering Lennie. Last couple of games he played hasn't been so good but there is a player in there and he knows where the goal is.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 54
gaz57
April 26, 2015, 4:35pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Spiritater

I'm not surprised Ollie P is now on the bench for you lot and not a starter. If you do manage to extricate yourselves from the Conf then you'll find him struggling to make any impact in the FL if he signs in the summer.

I just wondered if you know if there's any truth in the rumour I heard at the match that Palmer is going to Wimbledon.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 54
FishOutOfWater
April 26, 2015, 5:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from gaz57

I just wondered if you know if there's any truth in the rumour I heard at the match that Palmer is going to Wimbledon.

Centre court?  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 22 - 54
Spiritater
April 26, 2015, 5:18pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +138
Quoted from gaz57

No, not heard this. Is Akinfenwa leaving the Wombles then?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 54
Garth
April 26, 2015, 5:42pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from GyMariner
I've had a look at the starting line up from the 1-0 away win at Eastleigh. I think we should keep the line up the same for the away match. Palmer and LJL upfront and clay and Disley in the middle. Although I wouldn't start with Jolley on the wing. For the home match depending on the score maybe we can introduce JPP/Hannah for a more attacking approach.

Went down to that match and was impressed with Palmer performance,  in fact they all played well so no change if possible for me
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 54
Garth
April 26, 2015, 5:44pm

Season Ticket Holder
As said before Disley will have to be rested for one of the games, which one though?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 54
Rodley Mariner
April 26, 2015, 6:11pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
Will he? If he is available I'd be fairly certain he'll play both.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 54
Garth
April 26, 2015, 6:23pm

Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

I thought he paced himself yesterday without playing poorly, I hope he can find the stamina for both games but he might need to come off the bench on Sunday
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 54
MeanwoodMariner
April 26, 2015, 6:23pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673

Agree with this. I'd be amazed if he doesn't play both.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 54
diehardmariner
April 26, 2015, 6:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,384
Gold Stars: 532
Pittman alongside Lenny is what I fully expect to see.  Hannah looked very lively and took his goals well but can't see Hurst changing his preferred pairing.  Palmer seems to have fallen well out of favour.

In my eyes, Hurst has bigger decisons to make at right back, centre mid and left wing.

I don't particularly want to move Toto from centre half but have been so impressed with Gowling it now looks our best option.
Clay has been superior to Brown in virtually every way this season, no doubt for me who partners Clay.
I like Arnold but thought Chappell was Man of the Match yesterday and could have played his way into the eleven.  

Hard decisons for Hurst.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 54
moosey_club
April 26, 2015, 6:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,192
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from Spiritater

Ollie Palmer has been almost the perfect loan striker for us, livened up the front line, grabbed some goals, gave the supporters something to cheer about and a little hope at a time we were starting to get frustrated.
Job done so far from him, a couple of more goals and freedom of Cleethorpes for O.P  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 54
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
April 26, 2015, 6:48pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from chaos33
I think he'll go Arnold as he's rested him obviously hoping to get him fresh and sharp. I'd prefer Clay to partner Disley.

Another question - will Jolley regain a place on the bench?

Who? Didn't we sign someone with that name with a great fanfare?

Agree totally with your other post. Even if Hannah had scored 6 yesterday, he won't be first choice. The front two on Thursday will be LJL and AN Other, probably Palmer if Pittman's got a knock with Hannah on the bench.

What is important is that we turn possession into goals at Eastleigh. As Steve Bruce said on MOTD last night - a team is only as good as the players up front.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 54
April 26, 2015, 6:59pm
Guest User
Expect the Shop to play up-front on his own at Eastleigh.

Clay, Disley, Brown and Mackreth with either Arnold or Chappell (the latter if PH believes he'll do his defensive duties) in midfield.

Seem to think Gowling has played left-back ( ?? ), so maybe him there and Magnay at RB. Otherwise Toto at RB.
Reply: 32 - 54
Rodley Mariner
April 26, 2015, 7:08pm
Special Brew Drinker
I don't think we'll play one up front. When did we last not play 4-4-2? Only question is whether it'll be Pittman or Palmer with LJL, Brown or Clay with Disley and who'll play at the back with Pearson, Toto and Magnay.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 54
KK_DOG
April 26, 2015, 7:34pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +472
I don't think we'll play one up front. When did we last not play 4-4-2? Only question is whether it'll be Pittman or Palmer with LJL, Brown or Clay with Disley and who'll play at the back with Pearson, Toto and Magnay.

Spot on for me

Palmer, Brown, and err the next one is the biggest problem.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 54
mariner91
April 26, 2015, 8:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,563
Gold Stars: 259
I'd go with:

McKeown
Toto   Gowling      Pearson     Magnay
Makreth   Clay     Disley      Chappell
              Pittman   Shop

I'd have Arnold, Palmer, Hannah, Parslow and Brown on the bench with an eye for bringing on Hannah relatively early (after his good performance yesterday) if the strikers aren't playing well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 54
nightrider
April 26, 2015, 8:03pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
The strikers will do exactly the same as theyve done all season....

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 54
Maringer
April 26, 2015, 8:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
I feel that some are getting carried away with Chappel's performances. He's looked decent in spells and has gone on some good runs here and there but there has been pretty much no end product from him in the past couple of games that I've seen.

Arnold has been our most productive midfielder in terms of combined assists and goals this season. Dropping him in favour of Chappel would be completely nuts.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 54
Rodley Mariner
April 26, 2015, 8:19pm
Special Brew Drinker
I'm assuming Arnold will play.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 54
chaos33
April 26, 2015, 8:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
I agree, and I'd probably go 91's team but with Arnold. I'd have Jolley on the bench if fit:

He can play wide or up front, and has play off goalscoring experience.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 54
GyMariner
April 26, 2015, 9:28pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 7
I agree that we have bigger issues at the back. I think gowling should partner pearson with toto at right back. But does anyone think hurst will actually do this?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 54
Tinymariner
April 26, 2015, 10:16pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
Reading the previous posts, I can't help but be impressed with the squad PH has put together. Let's hope they can do the business over the next few weeks. UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 54
Abdul19
April 26, 2015, 10:42pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,510
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from GyMariner
I agree that we have bigger issues at the back. I think gowling should partner pearson with toto at right back. But does anyone think hurst will actually do this?

I think he may well do. He gave Toto 10 or 15 minutes there yesterday (although I'm not sure what he'll have learnt from this) so he's clearly considering it.

One thing I do know is that there's more chance of Dave Moore starting than Bignot!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 54
SpudUDontLike
April 27, 2015, 1:06am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +309
What's "probable heading ability"? (I realise it's all statistics these days)

We are destined to a fool's fate that deserves to be mocked.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 54
LongEatonMariner
April 28, 2015, 9:07am
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from SpudUDontLike
What's "probable heading ability"? (I realise it's all statistics these days)

If you're making a joke it is generally good form to put some sort of emoticon at the end, like a smiley or winking face.

If you are trying to be superior, just leave it as it is and I'll store your profile in the box entitled "twit".
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 54
SpudUDontLike
April 28, 2015, 9:37am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +309
It's fine to file it there but thanks for the advice, and I'll try to remember to label my jokes in future.

We are destined to a fool's fate that deserves to be mocked.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 54
JMT
April 28, 2015, 12:07pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +473
Gold Stars: 19
Macca
Toto Gowling Pearson Magnay
Mackreth Clay Disley Arnold
LJL JPP
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 54
ginnywings
April 28, 2015, 5:56pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,097
Gold Stars: 548
LJL will be first choice up front and i'd go with Pittman if he is fit. Best all round striker at the club IMO.

Defence worries me most. Toto at RB, Magnay at LB and Gowling coming in is 3 positional changes out of 4. Not good for what was a settled defence before the injury to Robertson.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 54
SamTheMariner
April 28, 2015, 5:59pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: -101
                     McKeown

Parslow   Toto    Pearson   Magnay

MacKreth   Disley   Brown   Arnold

Lenny     Pittman

Parslow is a solid, steady and dependable, defender. He is not exciting, but he realises that his job first and foremots is to defend and he is good at IMO.

[img]http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/275785/Article/images/18946866/4836403.jpg[/img]

Diz, a leader, a goal scorer, a true pro

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 54
KingstonMariner
April 28, 2015, 6:28pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from JMT
Macca
Toto Gowling Pearson Magnay
Mackreth Clay Disley Arnold
LJL JPP

A team full of Carl Magnay's what?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 54
Abdul19
April 28, 2015, 7:40pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,510
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from KingstonMariner

A team full of Carl Magnay's what?

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 54
moosey_club
May 4, 2015, 10:59am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,192
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from moosey_club

Ollie Palmer has been almost the perfect loan striker for us, livened up the front line, grabbed some goals, gave the supporters something to cheer about and a little hope at a time we were starting to get frustrated.
Job done so far from him, a couple of more goals and freedom of Cleethorpes for O.P  

Bump !!!

but being greedy can you give us a couple more please?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 54
arryarryarry
May 5, 2015, 2:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
There were some on here who didn't even want Palmer to start. Sunday just showed that if you play the ball to him in the penalty area then he can do the business may not be every-time but he looks the best goal scorer at the club for me.
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 54
Maringer
May 5, 2015, 2:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Eight goals in 15 appearances in the Conference isn't a record to be sniffed at, that's for sure.

Both strikers have certainly earned their starting place in the Final with those goals at the weekend.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 54
ginnywings
May 5, 2015, 7:08pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,097
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Maringer
Eight goals in 15 appearances in the Conference isn't a record to be sniffed at, that's for sure.

Both strikers have certainly earned their starting place in the Final with those goals at the weekend.

With that ratio all season next to LJL, we wouldn't need to be at Wembley.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 54
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Striking Decisions!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.