Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Record over last 10 games and the play-offs?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 257 Guests

Record over last 10 games and the play-offs?

This thread currently has 5,480 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
April 7, 2015, 12:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from SamTheMariner

It doesn't matter who we play, they're one off games. Last season Halifax went into the play offs having won 9 of the last 11 and Cambridge went in having won about 2 of last 11 and Cmabridge won. 2 seasons ago we lost to Newport, we beat them 3-0 on the last day of the season.

Apart from the two legged games.....  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 36
horsforthmariner
April 7, 2015, 2:14pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,622
Gold Stars: 9
The Cambridge analogy is a bit dangerous as yes they lost their last 4 - but they were already safe in second place with no hope of the title. I believe Richard Money rested a load of players and tried different formations and tactics.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 36
TownSNAFU5
April 7, 2015, 3:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,879
Gold Stars: 42
It is not that we cannot beat Rovers, if we play them.  It is just that I am not confident.  Are they the only team that we have not scored against?

With the "Cheltenham" results prior to Cardiff, I suppose anything is possible.

Huddersfield had not lost in 27 league and play-off matches.  They still lost 3-0 to Peterborough in the final.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 36
RichMariner
April 7, 2015, 3:05pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,135
Gold Stars: 209
On the topic of Cambridge I'm surprised to see them so low in the League 2 table.

No danger of going back down but I guess it goes against recent examples that suggest a strong Conference side is more than capable of being strong in League 2 too.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 13 - 36
Kymariner12
April 7, 2015, 3:57pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: +102
You say no danger of going down but they have been poor of late
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 36
Abdul19
April 7, 2015, 4:02pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,560
Gold Stars: 216
Effectively 9 points clear with 5 games to go. Even at big odds I wouldn't bother sticking a quid on it.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 36
moosey_club
April 7, 2015, 6:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from RichMariner
On the topic of Cambridge I'm surprised to see them so low in the League 2 table.

No danger of going back down but I guess it goes against recent examples that suggest a strong Conference side is more than capable of being strong in League 2 too.

They went up more on defensive capability than attacking potency, alot of 1 goal margins in low soring games IIRC,  harder to score at a higher level i guess.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 36
Teestogreen
April 7, 2015, 7:34pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -152
Gold Stars: 23
Grimsby Town are, currently, the best team in this league i.m.o.

They may have 'mucked it up' in some games this season, but this squad should be in League 2 next season. If it's not in top spot, then it should be promoted via the playoffs - (might make a bit of money as well) -  

If things conspire against us - usually referees and linesmen / women, then next season would be equally as compulsive.

To be honest, the Conference Premier has a lot going for it - more than League 2 it seems (League 2 coverage is fairly superficial) . C.P. enjoyable through BT Sport.

If the worst was to happen - and we didn't get promoted, I would look forward to next season with the expectation that Town are likely to win lots of games again.

See, I have finally been conditioned to the Conference - is this good or bad? Forty years ago, non league was unthinkable - but many seasons were a struggle!?

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 36
rancido
April 7, 2015, 7:58pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Teestogreen
Grimsby Town are, currently, the best team in this league i.m.o.

They may have 'mucked it up' in some games this season, but this squad should be in League 2 next season. If it's not in top spot, then it should be promoted via the playoffs - (might make a bit of money as well) -  

If things conspire against us - usually referees and linesmen / women, then next season would be equally as compulsive.

To be honest, the Conference Premier has a lot going for it - more than League 2 it seems (League 2 coverage is fairly superficial) . C.P. enjoyable through BT Sport.

If the worst was to happen - and we didn't get promoted, I would look forward to next season with the expectation that Town are likely to win lots of games again.

See, I have finally been conditioned to the Conference - is this good or bad? Forty years ago, non league was unthinkable - but many seasons were a struggle!?

Things have changed enormously in non-league football. Automatic promotion to the league has had a significant effect on the teams . Prior to this it was always hit and miss if you would be voted into the League and all the teams were part-time. I think over half the times in our league are full-time now and every season more teams seem to be making that move to professionalism. I certainly don't want to be at this level but it is a better place to be now than it was 40 years ago.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 36
BIGChris
April 7, 2015, 8:04pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from rancido

Things have changed enormously in non-league football. Automatic promotion to the league has had a significant effect on the teams . Prior to this it was always hit and miss if you would be voted into the League and all the teams were part-time. I think over half the times in our league are full-time now and every season more teams seem to be making that move to professionalism. I certainly don't want to be at this level but it is a better place to be now than it was 40 years ago.

Certainly 35 years ago when the first national non league division came into being, The Alliance was not a place for the squeamish! Yes, football in General was more physical but the Alliance was the home of some very vicious thugs ( I was cultured of course   )
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 36
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Record over last 10 games and the play-offs?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.