Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Record over last 10 games and the play-offs?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 154 Guests

Record over last 10 games and the play-offs?

This thread currently has 5,467 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Brisbane Mariner
April 7, 2015, 11:51pm

UTM!
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +163
It definitely feels like we are in the best form and fitness and everyone seems to be pulling their weight even the fact we have goal scorers all over the park - we have not had it this good at this stage in this league ever! UTM

Its hard enough remembering my opinions without remembering my reasons for them!
Brisbane - beautiful one day and perfect the next! UTM!!!

Religion: An Idiotic holding of firm belief in an unknown entity. The more challenging it gets, the firmer the hold. Atheists are often condemned as enemies, infidels or morons. Strange rituals are performed at the weekend. My Religion is GTFC!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 30 - 36
Abdul19
April 8, 2015, 12:49am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,513
Gold Stars: 215
Rovers took about 40k to the League 2 playoff final in 2007 so I don't think 60k is too daft an estimate.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 36
diehardmariner
April 8, 2015, 10:29am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,400
Gold Stars: 532
If, this is a big if as there's still plenty of twists yet to come over the next 3 games, we are in the play-offs we have nothing to fear, especially not Bristol Rovers.

The opening day means nothing now, we were thread-bare, they were still finding their feet in the Conference.

The game in mid-Feb was our low point before we rose again.  We've not lost a game since, in fact we've dropped just four points.  We didn't have Pittman or Palmer available, we had Jolley up front (which thankfully has since been dropped as an idea), neither Disley or Clay had great games, we just didn't play well at all.  We probably needed that little bit of a humbling against them to shake us back to life.  

The bench that day was Bignot, Hannah, Parslow, McLaughlin and Watson.  After the game there was a mass hysteria for the latter of that list to be involved in the starting eleven.  The lengths of how much we've improved is in the fact that the same two have since gone out on loan and no-one has really noticed.  Our bench on Monday, even with players rested altogether was far stronger (Brown, Chappell, Palmer, Hannah and Arnold).  We're in a much better position than two-months ago.  

We need to fear no-one.  

2006 we got thumped by Lincoln in the league weeks before the dispensing of them in the semi's.  We then lost to Cheltenham in the final having cruised past them in both league fixtures.  It's not as simple as looking at previous form or results.  It's about who can handle it the best, I look at this squad and have no doubts they can and will handle any pressure.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 36
grimsby pete
April 8, 2015, 10:45am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from BIGChris

Did you not see their game at home to Aldershot on the TV last week. They were awful

I did and Parkin was crap.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 36
acko338
April 8, 2015, 11:02am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,225
Gold Stars: 33
If we do not go up automatically, I will remember three games as being the ones that have cost us badly - Lincoln - home & away - 0 out of 6 points gained, and the 2 points literally thrown away when 2 up playing Chester - 8 more points that we REALLY should have accumulated would have removed jittery fears from all remaining games.

I don't class the loss at home to Bristol Rovers as points LOST, as they out played us with their team set up and tactics, combined with forward injuries and the midfielders all off form on the same day. Clay's worse game all year, but not just his fault - no one to pass to and caught in possession too many times with few options available!

I couldn't see us scoring that day, but Hannah's finish, albeit given offside, was a highpoint in a very frustrating day that was immediately deflated again - probably wouldn't have been deserved but that alone would have made a big difference !

We have the players now that could win any remaining game, including playoff games - will they step up, unlike previous years when we have fallen at a similar hurdle?

That showed what could have been achieved, but the team just didn't seem up for the challenge.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 36
diehardmariner
April 8, 2015, 12:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,400
Gold Stars: 532
Quoted from acko338
If we do not go up automatically, I will remember three games as being the ones that have cost us badly - Lincoln - home & away - 0 out of 6 points gained, and the 2 points literally thrown away when 2 up playing Chester - 8 more points that we REALLY should have accumulated would have removed jittery fears from all remaining games.

I don't class the loss at home to Bristol Rovers as points LOST, as they out played us with their team set up and tactics, combined with forward injuries and the midfielders all off form on the same day. Clay's worse game all year, but not just his fault - no one to pass to and caught in possession too many times with few options available!

I couldn't see us scoring that day, but Hannah's finish, albeit given offside, was a highpoint in a very frustrating day that was immediately deflated again - probably wouldn't have been deserved but that alone would have made a big difference !

We have the players now that could win any remaining game, including playoff games - will they step up, unlike previous years when we have fallen at a similar hurdle?

That showed what could have been achieved, but the team just didn't seem up for the challenge.

Really?

Lincoln away we just got out thought.  At here we were well and truly beaten by a better side on the day.  It's the draws at home to Nuneaton, Dover and Altrincham along with the home defeat to Southport that are far more telling.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 36
Abdul19
April 8, 2015, 12:58pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,513
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from acko338
as they out played us with their team set up and tactics, combined with forward injuries and the midfielders all off form on the same day.  

Agreed, but despite all that they only beat us with a goal that shouldn't have counted (the ball went out of play)

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 36
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Record over last 10 games and the play-offs?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.