Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Why is it us ?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 224 Guests

Why is it us ?

This thread currently has 6,331 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
April 5, 2015, 4:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,239
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from moosey_club
if...and it is still an if....but if we do fck up what has been our best opportunity so far then you only really have to look at one thing IMO, the failure to sign a decent striker in close season.
We knew we needed one, but didnt get one, yes the shop has hit a few now but how many more has he missed? Yesterday he himself had two in front of goal opportunities, one high over the bar the other a weak header.
Ollie Palmer has ignited the front line, look back at the first half of the season and just think what a striker like that would have done for us in those losses and draws.

Barnet have Akinde, a match winner, thats the only difference between them and the rest of us chasing them, he scores regularly.  

This for me. The points frittered away in the first 15 games count just the same as the draws against Chester and Gateshead. A prolific striker was needed at the start of the season.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 31
big al
April 5, 2015, 5:03pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +740
I'm afraid ithe original post is very much a negative one for me. It ignores all the team have done to put themselves in this position in the first place. Barnet looked like they were running away with it for most of the season and Bristol Rovers are clearly going to be devastated if they don't go straight back up so the sentiment of even suggesting we have f@@ked up misses the point.

Yesterday was a bit of a slap in the face but could have been worse and the remaining games all need to be won and then we might have a slim chance with a bit of luck.

I think last year against Gateshead and the year before at Newport weren't really about f@@cking up - we simply found our level. This year it is very different. I like a lot of fans, I guess, thought yesterday was a formality. I think we forgot there may be a few half decent teams trying to stop the Mighty Mariners dream coming true. We played pretty well yesterday and it didn't work out exactly as we wanted it to but we certainly didn't 'f - up'.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 31
pontoonlew
April 5, 2015, 5:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +8,998
Gold Stars: 174
15 points behind in January, now down to 3 and even that's after a slip up.

Yet we're the ones who have copulated it up?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 31
Lincoln Mariner 56
April 5, 2015, 5:42pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 79
Argument about Saturday is a red herring and the main focus of the post, if appropriate at this time, is the points wasted at the beginning of the season. to be honest those debates have been held many times throughout the season and will again become relevant if we stay in this league. I am no PH  fan but all I care about now is next four, or if need be seven matches, hopefully at the end we will be successful fail and those of us who wanted change will have had our guns loaded lets hope that is not the case and we are arguing about what players we should retain for our return to league 2.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 31
GiveUsAG
April 5, 2015, 6:37pm

Neither above nor beneath
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +530
Talk of what has costed us etc etc. The only thing any draws or losses have costed us, is being top of the league earlier and now. But it's where we finish that's important, not where we are now.  

Have the losses or draws costed us promotion? We will only know once that full time whistle goes in that very last game! But I believe, one way or the other, we ARE going up.  

[IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/mvnser.png[/IMG]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 31
Mrs Doyle
April 5, 2015, 6:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
senseless post we are on a incredible run how have we fecked up?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 31
cmackenzie4
April 5, 2015, 6:56pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.26
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
A win tomorrow and Barnet/Bristol draw or lose and we are back in it, we've got to still believe whilst it still is possible mathematically, there is still 4 games to go yet, if it is the playoffs I bet the other teams would want to avoid playing us over the 2 games.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 31
grimsby pete
April 5, 2015, 7:07pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
Our home form is poor,

Its been poor all season,

You can not win every game but we should have won a few more than we have,

Early season lacking that cutting edge might be the reason we do not go up as champions,

BUT

This squad will win the play offs.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 31
sydney
April 5, 2015, 7:12pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
If Barnet win three of their last four and lose the other we still need to make up 10 goals and win all ours to finish ahead of them so looks less likely now
What we can do though is go into playoffs off the back of four more St wins full of confidence which we will need if we face BR
Come on Town!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 31
Garth
April 5, 2015, 7:13pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Barnet will feel that they have f**ked up if they don`t succeed being as they were 12 points ahead at one time
If Bristols great run had more wins and not so many draws they would have been out of sight by now.
If we win all our remaining games we will go up via the playoffs, if automatic fails, so whats your point?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 31
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Why is it us ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.