7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
sutton mariner
April 4, 2015, 5:22pm
Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +52 / -6
Approval: +1,135
Gold Stars: 49
No this isn't a 'let's blame it all on the referee' thread.

Considering I'm seeing comments like 'never seen a referee influence a game so much as today' on Twitter im not too sure that's all that fair.

Alright a few of his calls went again us and there were definitely 2 or 3 wrong calls, but I really didn't think he was THAT bad. For the abuse he got at the end especially.

It was a heed player that he gave a red...

I wouldn't say he had a good game but to say he effected the result is a bit over the top.

Huge game Monday need to win all 4 now!

UTM

I Make Movies #UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Sigone
April 4, 2015, 5:26pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,615
Gold Stars: 5
I agree with this..Town gave lots is silly niggly fouls away, that the Crowd got upset by but they were fouls. He didn't have that many big calls to make and I thought he got most stuff right.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 63
mimma
April 4, 2015, 5:30pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,564
Gold Stars: 78
He set the tone when he booked Dis, for nothing more than touching the player. He then let one of theirs off scot free after a bad challenge.

The Town bookings seemed harsh to say the least, & their players, as they did last season knew how to get a free kick.

Sometimes we're to honest for our own good.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 63
Chrisblor
April 4, 2015, 5:30pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,790
Gold Stars: 234
He had a terrible game, but didn't affect the result. Both of their goals were a result of poor defending where we didn't clear our lines and we spurned more than enough chances up front.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 63
Mrs Doyle
April 4, 2015, 5:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Far to fussy never kept the game flowing missed a foul on their second goal, (quell surprise) that big oaf up front was all over Pearson but got away with loads.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 63
gary_elton
April 4, 2015, 5:35pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
Maybe the game was too big for him....  RH said he was poor... and I believe everything
that JT says....          

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 63
BIGChris
April 4, 2015, 5:42pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Gateshead played the referee very well. Gary Mills sides are drilled with gamesmanship and always have been and the ref didn't have any understanding of the game.
Players come together and one goes down = a foul. They did this time and time again.

I cannot however contest Disley's yellow. It was a caution at any level and he was rightly booked. Pearson on the other hand? Awful decision which brought him a yellow for saying Rankine led with his elbow. Rankine pushed Pearson high in the chest and they both get booked!

Maybe no decision directly resulted in a goal. ( I did think Arnold may have been fouled in the lead up to their 2nd) but the ref broke up play more efficiently than many opponents have against us this season
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 63
the driver
April 4, 2015, 5:43pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +127
The worst performance from a ref I seen all season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 63
Tinymariner
April 4, 2015, 5:44pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
I thought the ref was terrible, he was not consistent and we should have had a penalty for the foul and then the handball straight after that. He ruined the game although he didn't score their goals for them!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 63
moosey_club
April 4, 2015, 5:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Inconsistent i would say but we let frustration get the better of us alot today and gave the ref the option too many times, silly little fouls but still fouls.
Also little things like trying to pinch 20 yds on a throw in, moving ball on quick free kicks etc, players know they wont get away with that but they did it, got pulled up rightly and then moan just building your own frustration levels.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 63
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Referee

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.