Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 311 Guests

Referee

This thread currently has 9,137 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
April 4, 2015, 6:48pm
Guest User
Quoted from sutton mariner
No this isn't a 'let's blame it all on the referee' thread.

Considering I'm seeing comments like 'never seen a referee influence a game so much as today' on Twitter im not too sure that's all that fair.

Alright a few of his calls went again us and there were definitely 2 or 3 wrong calls, but I really didn't think he was THAT bad. For the abuse he got at the end especially.

It was a heed player that he gave a red...

I wouldn't say he had a good game but to say he effected the result is a bit over the top.

Huge game Monday need to win all 4 now!

UTM

I couldn't agree more

I've never seen Town give away so many blatant and stupid free kicks. Free kicks that halted any momentun and tempo.

The ref had a good game.
Reply: 20 - 63
headingly_mariner
April 4, 2015, 6:57pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Arnold definitely fouled in the build up to the Gateshead 2nd. Thought the red was awful, bizarre bookings especially the Pearson one. Spoilt the game
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 63
mariner91
April 4, 2015, 7:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,636
Gold Stars: 261
Arnold was definitely fouled seconds before their second goal. The ref was shite, fell for every fall to the floor by predictable Gateshead. What a bunch of bellends.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 63
Grantham_Mariner
April 4, 2015, 7:50pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,184
Gold Stars: 51
He told their keeper at least eight time for time wasting, but never booked him. He never played any advantage.

The only good thing he did today was not to book Mackreth for his goal celebration.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 63
chaos33
April 4, 2015, 9:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from acko338
The ref ruined the game for me - I don't mind losing or drawing a game when we have given everything, and decisions are even and across the board, but he couldn't wait to put whistle to mouth against us for most of the game - 20 fouls on stats  sites - where ???

Poor reffing - Rankine should have been sent off on a straight red for that elbow, let alone all of the other nudges and shirt pulling on Pearson all game.

Agree that Gateshead played the ref and he fell for everything they did !

Having said that, all four goals were good quality - we should have stopped Lucy ?? - goalscorer before the end of his first run - Disley daren't as was already on a yellow so backed away !

Point gained from the ref, I think !

Still in it, and every game left will be a grafting contest !

Good post

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 63
Theimperialcoroner
April 4, 2015, 9:23pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,189
Gold Stars: 102
He never once let the game flow. This was exactly what they wanted. He never once hurried their keeper. He gave a number of fouls which were either not or where the other way. He also gave Pearson a very strange booking. Can't comment on the pen as a Ponny pillar blocked my view.
He could have aslso decided not to book Disley but it looked like he wanted to stamp his authority early. This added to the over zealous placement of throws and free kicks, smacks of a sudden ref with an ego bigger than it should be. "It's all about him" someone said near us and they were dead right. A very very poor effort. That said he wasn't the reason we didn't win.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 63
Belfast Town
April 4, 2015, 9:25pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +1,689
Gold Stars: 19
To be fair, while the ref was irritating, generally poor, and too quick to show yellow cards, he didn't effect the result.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 63
sutton mariner
April 4, 2015, 9:40pm
Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +52 / -6
Approval: +1,135
Gold Stars: 49
Seems a very split view topic!

I Make Movies #UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 63
FishOutOfWater
April 4, 2015, 9:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 37
Didn't the free kick that Sainte-Luce win before his second come about from him running in to two Town players and then taking a tumble.

The ref somehow saw that as a foul which then saw the ball in our net seconds later

He was a clever player in more ways than one that one....good ability on the ball and good too at improvisation to hoodwink the ref and to get what in my opinion was an unfair advantage

Mills must without a doubt condone it or even instill it in to his players that they should look for fouls because we've seen it time and time again how Gateshead behave under him

The ref didn't directly gift Gateshead the game but boy did he make it awkward for us with his ineptitude in dealing with a load of conmen
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 28 - 63
April 4, 2015, 9:51pm
Guest User
Didn't let the game flow?

Errr I think you will find our 25 - 30 fouls stopped the game flowing
Reply: 29 - 63
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Referee

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.