7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Belfast Town
March 31, 2015, 7:56am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +1,689
Gold Stars: 18
I've been to many away games supporting Town, and with much larger followings than we are taking to Alfreton. However, I must say this game has the potential to be one of the best and most memorable ever. Having more than three quarters of the crowd in a small ground, with so much riding on the match, should make for an electric atmosphere. It could be a game we reminisce about for years to come. Here's hoping.....!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Jarmo.Is.God
March 31, 2015, 8:04am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Notts County was pretty impressive a few years back, around 2000 there if memory serves me right.

Henderson got us the point almost on his own that day !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 68
big al
March 31, 2015, 8:04am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +740
Quoted from Belfast Town
I've been to many away games supporting Town, and with much larger followings than we are taking to Alfreton. However, I must say this game has the potential to be one of the best and most memorable ever. Having more than three quarters of the crowd in a small ground, with so much riding on the match, should make for an electric atmosphere. It could be a game we reminisce about for years to come. Here's hoping.....!

Especially if we go top - that's if we haven't already on Saturday. Don't want to be too cocky but I have a feeling we're going to win it (the league that is) with a bit to spare.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 68
excusebeef
March 31, 2015, 8:07am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +296
Coventry away we won 1-0 Jevo goal. That was a good one!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 68
March 31, 2015, 8:12am
Guest User
Liverpool away with 7000 and winning at Anfield with a 30 yarder into the top corner takes some beating, or Burnley away when super Kev volleyed the goal that confirmed our first ever trip to Wembley was special.
Reply: 4 - 68
lukeo
March 31, 2015, 8:14am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 133
Quoted from 75
Liverpool away with 7000 and winning at Anfield with a 30 yarder into the top corner takes some beating, or Burnley away when super Kev volleyed the goal that confirmed our first ever trip to Wembley was special.

Anfield for me is the best, but i used to love going to Peterborough away.. Darlington away the season we needed to win the game was good, only a couple hundred town fans there i think but we sang all game
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 68
Rodley Mariner
March 31, 2015, 8:38am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,215
Gold Stars: 176
Quoted from 75

That Burnley night takes some beating and the fact everybody there really cared. Liverpool was amazing but at games like that there are plenty of daytrippers which is great but not necessarily condusive to a really intense atmosphere. Notts Co is a good shout and  the Mansfield game with the late Danny North winner was ace as well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 68
Fcukthescunts
March 31, 2015, 8:39am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +776
Wimbledon away despite the loss.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 68
March 31, 2015, 8:55am
Guest User
Quoted from Fcukthescunts
Wimbledon away despite the loss.

Yeah, that was very special. Especially when dusky headed us in front, 7000 Town in a 12000 crowd and all those Harry Haddocks!
Reply: 8 - 68
cmackenzie4
March 31, 2015, 9:05am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.29
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,320
Gold Stars: 33
Yeah that Mansfield game was a good one, I drove to that one with a mate of mine, Danny North scored a good goal, Liverpool is my favourite though, it was amazing to witness that Jevons goal.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 68
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Greatest awayday

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.