This thread currently has 6,670 views. Print
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Fcukthescunts
March 20, 2015, 11:40am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +776
For me this is the biggest game of the season so far. A win and we put ourselves in title picture again but also I think we 'secure' our positions in play offs (not mathematically but clear daylight).
A defeat and the title will be out of reach but also drag us back towards scraping for play off position.
A draw again puts us out of the title IMO.

Let's all get behind the players what has gone has gone the next 90 mins of football is pivotal in our season.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
jonnyboy82
March 20, 2015, 11:43am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Well looks like king lenny will be back in the starting 11 , I can't believe he would drop the two strikers scoring goals and on form at the min just to accommodate him..

Telegraph certainly seems to think so.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 52
Fcukthescunts
March 20, 2015, 11:48am
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +776
It's his last ditch effort for your hotdog nightmare.....unfortunately I think you are safe but you must admit it was squeaky-bum time for a while for you!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 52
Trawler
March 20, 2015, 11:53am
Fine Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Well looks like king lenny will be back in the starting 11 , I can't believe he would drop the two strikers scoring goals and on form at the min just to accommodate him..

It would be tough on the Pope or Palmer - but if it happens I hope it's the Lenny & Ollie combo. They operated well together. Then Pitman on as super sub.

It's a massive positive to have the three of them available at this stage of the season.

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 52
TownSNAFU5
March 20, 2015, 11:54am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,876
Gold Stars: 42
A must win game for me to put further distance between us and an in-form rival. Our play-off spot would look highly likely if we won.

I believe Eastleigh have won 6 and drawn 1 of their last 7 away games. Very impressive.   They will be confident against our home record, despite losing at home to us recently.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 52
Paris Mariner
March 20, 2015, 11:56am
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Quoted from jonnyboy82

I think you are being a bit short sighted here. I think the Chester game showed what we miss when Lenny is not in the team. On Saturday we just lumped balls forward looking for hopeful flick ons. Lenny gives us someone who holds up the ball and brings people like Disley, McKreath and Arnold into play more from midfield, as well as his strike partner. Part of the reason we got deeper and deeper v Chester was because we didn't get the ball enough when we got forward.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 5 - 52
jonnyboy82
March 20, 2015, 11:57am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Fcukthescunts
It's his last ditch effort for your hotdog nightmare.....unfortunately I think you are safe but you must admit it was squeaky-bum time for a while for you!

I was never worried and that's honest.

Unfortunately LJL is a lot of things but a finisher he ain't.

I am more amazed he made double figures  

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 52
Paris Mariner
March 20, 2015, 11:57am
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
But, yeah must win 100%. Agree we are out of title race if we don't win.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 7 - 52
jonnyboy82
March 20, 2015, 12:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Paris Mariner

I think you are being a bit short sighted here. I think the Chester game showed what we miss when Lenny is not in the team. On Saturday we just lumped balls forward looking for hopeful flick ons. Lenny gives us someone who holds up the ball and brings people like Disley, McKreath and Arnold into play more from midfield, as well as his strike partner. Part of the reason we got deeper and deeper v Chester was because we didn't get the ball enough when we got forward.

The reason we dropped points at Chester has nothing to do with lenny, we all know why we dropped points.

Why drop a striker in form just to get him in the team ?

Surely places are kept on form and merit not just because he has 11 goals or something.

I have no problem LJL being on the bench and coming on but to start when other players are on form no not for me.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 52
Caesar
March 20, 2015, 12:03pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
Kind of hope we would stick with in form strikers but lets not get negative if Hurst does put LJL back.  For a start Palmer and LJL looked like they were an awesome partnership at home to Barnet.  Also Hurst knows the criticism he will get if it goes wrong so it is a big decision for him.  Let us hope he is right if he does do it, passionately get behind the team, and get ready to offer criticism (not personal abuse of course) on him and the decision at FT.

UTM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 52
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Eastleigh

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.