6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
BottesfordMariner
March 20, 2015, 8:37pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
I agree this is the biggest game of the season so far.

Win and our chances of winning the league are very much alive and at the same time we can put ourselves in a very strong position to cement at  least a play off spot. Would put us 8pts clear of Eastleigh (with a better goal difference) who are 6th with 7 games left.

Draw keeps the gap on 6th place Eastleigh at 5pts so still in control of our own destiny play off wise but depending on other results could ruin hopes of the title.

Defeat- a disaster. Title hopes gone imo and we get dragged back into a dogfight for the scramble to get into the play off at all.

Will tell us more about hurst's outlook. I know avoiding defeat is paramount but will he be brave and push for the win we really need or be cagey/negative and simply set up to try not to lose (which at this stage is neither here nor there really) and hope to 'nick' it.

I fear we probably know the answer to that. I am not saying we go all gun ho and be reckless but we need to be positive in our play and take the game to them and put them under some pressure.

Sometimes you have to go put and grasp the opportunity rather wait and hope for something to happen.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 52
FanaticalMariner
March 20, 2015, 8:40pm

Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +4
Hello everyone, I am a new member, so I'm still getting to grips with everything. Anyway, I'm interested in thoughts/predictions ahead of the home fixture against Eastleigh.

Stimulus for discussion,

According to the Grimsby Telegraph, the predicted line-up is Palmer and John-Lewis up top. Is this the right choice? Despite the formation of the efficient partnership between Pittman and Palmer.  

Again, referencing the Grimsby Telegraph; Paul Hurst, in his statement, said that the fixture is a 'bigger game for Eastleigh - there's more pressure on them.' Is this true? Is it a bigger game for Eastleigh? Personally, I believe this game is huge for us - a pivotal point in our season. I cannot imagine there being more 'pressure' on Eastleigh.

Finally, the Question of the Week - Where will Grimsby finish? Out of 730 votes, 9% or, 65.7 votes believe Grimsby will finish lower than fifth in the table. What has caused this feeling? Why do supporters possess such a bleak outlook of this season? Everyone is entitle to their opinion, I respect that. However, I feel compelled to ask the question.

A personal response to the latter, the tie at Chester wasn't the desired result, but, we cannot let the minor disappointment destroy the momentum we have. The momentum isn't just on the pitch, it's with the supporters as well, the recent themes (Wigs at Woking, etc.) have given the dedicated away following something to smile about, it has offered something new to the faithful. I for one think the atmosphere created has; and will, be influential in our chase for promotion.

As always, Up the Mariners!
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 52
moosey_club
March 20, 2015, 8:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from BottesfordMariner

Sometimes you have to go out and grasp the opportunity rather wait and hope for something to happen.

i ended up with a slap across the face and in HR on a disciplinary last time i took that advice  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Eastleigh

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.