10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
chaos33
March 14, 2015, 8:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
That decision today encapsulates everything that's wrong with the ethos of this club. F@cking Hurst and his small thinking, defensive obsession. Brings on an average full back for a striker to play centre mid, hands them the initiative and blows it. That decision could well cost us a shot at the title. Sorry to be so frank but this is why I'll never be behind him as a manager. I'm really fuming.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 98
Nelly GTFC
March 14, 2015, 9:06pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,736
Gold Stars: 31
Sorry to say, but if you're mentioning percentages, the ratio of people who disagree with you is around 93%, I would say that's an overall - you are wrong!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/UWb3ao1.jpg[/img]

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 98
Tommy
March 14, 2015, 9:10pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
"Any point away from home is a good point."

That's what teams plodding about in mid-table say, not teams challenging for promotion.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 98
RichMariner
March 14, 2015, 9:12pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,132
Gold Stars: 209
Losing a two-goal lead when well set is bad enough, but not admitting that you were responsible makes it worse.

All he had to do was admit that the substitution and change in tactics was wrong. By doing so, it'd reassure the fans that he saw it like we did.

That's some consolation.

But by saying he'd make the same sub again in the same circumstances, well, he and the fans are going to grow further apart. The fans will doubt his future decisions even more, so he's not helping himself.

He's an intelligent bloke. I'm surprised he hasn't realised this.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 43 - 98
Garth
March 14, 2015, 9:17pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
I would have accepted a point if we were second best but as their crowd sang at us two nil up and you copulated it up
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 98
grimsby pete
March 14, 2015, 9:18pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
Are you saying its my fault,

I bet you would not say that to Rob Scott,

He did not say that but he might as well as,

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 98
Maringer
March 14, 2015, 9:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,498
Gold Stars: 185
Not listened to the interview but it seems to me as though Hurst has certainly developed a bit of a siege mentality. I suppose this is understandable to some degree as he's been getting it in the neck at various times over the past 18 months, even when he doesn't always deserve the amount of criticism coming his way.

It seems clear to most that the change in formation near the end was a mistake today, but he's obviously not going to admit that when pressed.

As a cautious manager, I don't think he'll change his viewpoint but it is surprising that he hasn't realised that we generally aren't good enough defensively to just shut up shop like this.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 98
The Grim Reaper
March 14, 2015, 9:55pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -30
Approval: -533
Gold Stars: 1
Who would be a manager? We battered them for most of the game and they didn't have a shot until the second half. Hurst got the tactics spot on. Did making the substitution lead directly to the two goals? No

Jesus wants me to be a sunbeam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 98
arryarryarry
March 14, 2015, 10:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from The Grim Reaper
Who would be a manager? We battered them for most of the game and they didn't have a shot until the second half. Hurst got the tactics spot on. Did making the substitution lead directly to the two goals? No

Have you not been reading, of course it did, playing a poor quality player who hardly touched the ball instead of an attacker who could put pressure on their defence led to us being under pressure for the remainder of the game until he pushed Jolley up front but by then it was too late.

You must be as daft as Hurst, unless you are him.
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 98
gaz57
March 14, 2015, 10:31pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Gold Stars: 3
His answers to JT were not good enough for any one of the fans that went to the game and his boss should be telling  him that in no uncertain terms. If he really believes what he says then every single one of us should be very worried.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 98
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › post match

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.