5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
jonnyboy82
March 15, 2015, 8:01am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
You know what's going to happen now don't you ?

From going 2 nil up to 2-2 Paul will drop Pittman who has scored and played very well since coming in the team to accomidate John Lewis to try and justify dropping the points.

Not his decision about parslow or addmiting he got it wrong , no it will be his excuse to change a team doing excellently which lets be honest he never wanted to put Palmer and Pittman together it was forced on him.

Now if lenny comes in because of his intercourse up i will be fuming, the two strikers Palmer and pittman have been brilliant together .

Watch this space he won't be able to help himself and leave lenny out.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 44
AndyGTFC
March 15, 2015, 12:25pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +804
Gold Stars: 5
Great away day, apart from the last 15 minutes...

First half, we dominated and deservedly had the lead going into half-time. I don't think we were great second half, we were inviting pressure but they weren't really creating anything, the fans got behind us and we managed to get the second goal. It should've been game over.

Things like this obviously happen in football but we're not good enough defensively to shut up shop with 20 minutes to go. It was far too early, We might have one of the strongest defensive records in the league but I don't think we're quite as strong as we've been in previous years, Woking and Braintree could've easily nicked something when we tried that in the last two games, it's not like we've suddenly become a brick wall when that substitution has been made in the past.

Big two points dropped but gotta move on to Eastleigh now...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 44
Theimperialcoroner
March 15, 2015, 3:04pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,206
Gold Stars: 102
A big positive for me was the ten minute of intense pressure on them before the second goal. We kept recycling the ball and moving them around until the chance came our way. Good stuff.
Then We gave all that hard work away.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 44
FishOutOfWater
March 15, 2015, 5:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
A big positive for me was the ten minute of intense pressure on them before the second goal. We kept recycling the ball and moving them around until the chance came our way. Good stuff.
Then  We  HE  gave all that hard work away.

Slight edit for what it's worth....
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 33 - 44
excusebeef
March 15, 2015, 5:27pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +296
Even before the manager made the sub that cost us the match, I was calling for him to make the sub because they looked dangerous on the counter, even in the first half. Unfortunately when he made the sub, tow kept going long to a lone small striker. If we would of kept the ball better we could of stifled their threat more, but instead it just kept coming back at us.

In brief I think the sub was the right one at the time, but in hindsight no it was not, but we're all experts after the event and that's why we're not managers. Give the bloke some slack is what I say. Disappointed of course but we're still in contention.

Lets not forget, Chester were high in the form table leading into today, what's gutting is we played great first half and only come away with a point
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 44
ackomariner
March 15, 2015, 5:56pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from excusebeef
Even before the manager made the sub that cost us the match, I was calling for him to make the sub because they looked dangerous on the counter, even in the first half. Unfortunately when he made the sub, tow kept going long to a lone small striker. If we would of kept the ball better we could of stifled their threat more, but instead it just kept coming back at us.

In brief I think the sub was the right one at the time, but in hindsight no it was not, but we're all experts after the event and that's why we're not managers. Give the bloke some slack is what I say. Disappointed of course but we're still in contention.

Lets not forget, Chester were high in the form table leading into today, what's gutting is we played great first half and only come away with a point

Your last paragraph sums it up perfectly for me.......Chester one of the inform teams and were cruising along at 2:0.....so why not put the game to bed and go for the 3rd

He's tactically useless as I've stated from day one and he doesn't learn from his mistakes, but more of a worry is that he thinks he's made the right choice

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 44
springstomind
March 15, 2015, 6:45pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +322
I remember him brining Parslow on away at Altrincham and exactly the same happened then. Late goal.  It happened against Woking and didn't work against Braintree. I'm not sure the substitution is that moronic, but Paralow isn't that good is he?!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 44
grimsby pete
March 15, 2015, 6:55pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,793
Gold Stars: 222
Maybe it was the right decision to make the change,

BUT

Hurst made it too early and brought on the wrong player,

Bringing Jolley on for Palmer would have kept the pressure on them,

Then with 5mins to go he could have brought on Brown or Parslow.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 44
Paris Mariner
March 15, 2015, 7:02pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Not had chance to post since getting back but here's what I think. 4 wins and 1 draw from the last 5 games is a great result. We're the only unbeaten team in the top 4 during that run.

Yes, I have been a supporter of Hurst, and I stand by him, but he made a poor decision yesterday. It harked back to the dark days of Lawrence and Groves when we squandered wins by using the same tactic. In saying that, it wasn't Parslow's fault - I thought he did ok when he came on - won his tackles, played it simple (yes, he's never spectacular ever), didn't give it away cheaply, a good cameo.

We lost it with long balls up top. I think we all saw where LJL has proved beneficial over the last two seasons - he allows the runners in behind to get involved. Disley, for example, never really had the opportunity to do that yesterday -he won a lot of second balls but didn't penetrate going forward like he usually does. We were too one dimensional.

What a great game for the neutral though. We had two great chances with Clay to win it at the end too. All is not lost as we are still 5 points off with a game in hand on Macc and Brizzle. We are still the form time, at the right stage of the season.

To the bloke sat in the stand where we all got in late screaming his head off at Hurst at FT. Pathetic mate. Having to be restrained by your missus for shouting a tirade of abuse at a manager who has us in with an outside shot at the title in March? Just a bit over the top really.

Onwards and upwards!

UTM

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 38 - 44
Maringer
March 15, 2015, 9:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,505
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from jonnyboy82
You know what's going to happen now don't you ?

From going 2 nil up to 2-2 Paul will drop Pittman who has scored and played very well since coming in the team to accomidate John Lewis to try and justify dropping the points.

Not his decision about parslow or addmiting he got it wrong , no it will be his excuse to change a team doing excellently which lets be honest he never wanted to put Palmer and Pittman together it was forced on him.

Now if lenny comes in because of his intercourse up i will be fuming, the two strikers Palmer and pittman have been brilliant together .

Watch this space he won't be able to help himself and leave lenny out.

Evidence?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.