This thread currently has 8,916 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Theimperialcoroner
March 14, 2015, 5:11pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -3
Approval: +5,087
Gold Stars: 93
In the car and I'm utterly fuming. Totally coasting, Pittman and Palmer running them ragged. Disley and Clay controlling midfield and then the manager just gives away all that initiative. Crazy stuff.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Chrisblor
March 14, 2015, 5:20pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,678
Gold Stars: 229
Absolutely clueless substitution. We'd looked so vulnerable when Hurst had made the same sub against Woking and Braintree. Just a totally imbecilic decision to do the same thing again. I think everyone understands that Palmer can't play a full game but jesus, bring on Hannah or Jolley (who should have won it for us when he did come on if he had even the tiniest amount of composure) or even Brown who's an actual midfielder and not a poor defender trying to impersonate one. Taking Arnold, probably our most creative player off was stupid too. Mackreth had yet another poor game where he couldn't beat his full back but he stayed on.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 44
Sigone
March 14, 2015, 5:23pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,608
Gold Stars: 5
J.t just tweeted..interesting interview with Hurst coming up
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 44
ginnywings
March 14, 2015, 5:24pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from Chrisblor
Absolutely clueless substitution. We'd looked so vulnerable when Hurst had made the same sub against Woking and Braintree. Just a totally imbecilic decision to do the same thing again. I think everyone understands that Palmer can't play a full game but jesus, bring on Hannah or Jolley (who should have won it for us when he did come on if he had even the tiniest amount of composure) or even Brown who's an actual midfielder and not a poor defender trying to impersonate one. Taking Arnold, probably our most creative player off was stupid too. Mackreth had yet another poor game where he couldn't beat his full back but he stayed on.

Makreth defends better though.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 44
Chrisblor
March 14, 2015, 5:28pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,678
Gold Stars: 229
He didn't today. Arnold was actually excellent in carrying out his defensive duties all game!

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 44
TAGG
March 14, 2015, 6:07pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
In the car and I'm utterly fuming. Totally coasting, Pittman and Palmer running them ragged. Disley and Clay controlling midfield and then the manager just gives away all that initiative. Crazy stuff.

Feel sorry for you mate. Town fans sounded great again.
You must be wrong about Diz & Clay controlling the midfield though because our clown of a manager said we needed some help in there so that's why he brought on Parslow.
He's a flipping idiot.
Safe journey home.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 44
FishOutOfWater
March 14, 2015, 6:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from ginnywings

Makreth defends better though.  

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 6 - 44
Fcukthescunts
March 14, 2015, 6:41pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +776
You could see it in the players when Hurst changed tactics even they thought oh excrement here we go....Hurst got it wrong today. Great support .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 44
Caesar
March 14, 2015, 6:48pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,794
On the train and trying to remain calm. Credit where it was due, Hurst has built a team who can play superbly and be in complete control agaimst a decent Chester.

BUT THAT SUBSTITUTION!

We got away with it last week but couldn't this time. Hurst shot himself in the foot with that as we were in total control. So dissapointing and it is a reminder on why so many are sceptical of Hurst. He can get us so far but the negativity seems to come back and bite us in the bottom.

Town fans did great in building up an atmosphere, espically for the 2nd goal. Gutted to hear there was some trouble but hopefully that should not spoil a great turnout.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 44
Caesar

Fine Wine Drinker
On the train and trying to remain calm. Credit where it was due, Hurst has built a team who can play superbly and be in complete control agaimst a decent Chester.

BUT THAT SUBSTITUTION!

We got away with it last week but couldn't this time. Hurst shot himself in the foot with that as we were in total control. So dissapointing and it is a reminder on why so many are sceptical of Hurst. He can get us so far but the negativity seems to come back and bite us in the bottom.

Town fans did great in building up an atmosphere, espically for the 2nd goal. Gutted to hear there was some trouble but hopefully that should not spoil a great turnout.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 44
DNMariner

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +100
Typical predictable Hurst - Parslow on for a striker around 75 minutes. Tactical genius and adaptability in abundance. At 2-0, if you go defensive the opposition start to sense that you're flagging or unsure of yourself - you invite pressure and we see what happened today. Keep the pressure on and your team grows in self-belief, and the opposition are more likely to give up, thinking 'bloody hell, they're still coming at us'.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 44
FishOutOfWater
March 14, 2015, 6:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from DNMariner
Typical predictable Hurst - Parslow on for a striker around 75 minutes. Tactical genius and adaptability in abundance. At 2-0, if you go defensive the opposition start to sense that you're flagging or unsure of yourself - you invite pressure and we see what happened today. Keep the pressure on and your team grows in self-belief, and the opposition are more likely to give up, thinking 'bloody hell, they're still coming at us'.

Agree

When you've got your opponents on the ropes you keep the pressure on or else they'll pick themselves back up and come back at you if they sense you're just holding them off

No two ways about it he totally messed up with the substitution and needlessly gave the initiative to them but he just doesn't see it that way

If that had been ancient Rome everyone would have waited for the signal for the gladiator to go for the kill and put the foe to the sword but as we all know that is not PH's way
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 11 - 44
Badger57
March 14, 2015, 7:08pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,902
Gold Stars: 30
Message to P.H.
When you are dead you don't know you are dead. It only hurts the others.
It's the same when you're STUPID!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 44
lee65
March 14, 2015, 8:14pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,450
Gold Stars: 9
Didn't agree with the substitution, but to add some balance, I think they were getting  on top when the no7 and Rooney came on.
As said above, if you want to tighten up in MF why not bring on a real midfielder (Brown)
We should've put Brown on for Palmer, and Jolley or Ross on at the same time in place of JPP, who was dead on his feet and shouldn't have been asked to chase the long ball for the last 20 mins (lucky he didn't pull a hamstring again)

Still should've won though. Decent penalty shout too? when Robertson (i think) was taken out when he squared for the JPP shot which was blocked (was the ref playing an advatage?)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 44
lee65
March 14, 2015, 8:15pm
Champagne Drinker
sorry, "advantage"  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 44
Hagrid
March 14, 2015, 8:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,988
Gold Stars: 507
just back myself, very angry and dissapointed. The game was won at 2-0 and the substitution is to blame for that! not gonna have a go at parslow, it isnt his fault, Hurst is 100% to blame for us not picking up 3 points today. Interesting to read that there fans thought exactly the same as us, they were delighted when we brought olly off. Big chance mised today in front of fantastic away support

Interesting to note magnays reactions at the end, seemed to be in deep discussion with palmer. Probably along the lines of " why the intercourse did he make that change"

need to beat eastleigh next week now, keep the title hopes alive
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 44
friskneymariner
March 14, 2015, 8:37pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
Wheres Bruce

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 44
Jarmo.Is.God
March 14, 2015, 8:38pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Whilst it feels like a defeat and fuming with Hurst I have positives !!

Arnold looked impressive, clay and Disley controlled the midfield, which makes me more fuming ! Palmer and Pittman quality !

Negative...
Palmer looked injured, and john-lewis was there today as I see him hobbling out of the ground
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 44
arryarryarry
March 14, 2015, 8:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,945
Gold Stars: 113
John Tondeur asked Hurst if he would make that substitution again and he said yes.

Will someone tell the dozy plonker that in a total of about 25 minutes playing Parlsow instead of an attacker we have conceded 3 goals.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 44
Theimperialcoroner
March 14, 2015, 9:09pm

Forgot to mention earlier a bizarre incident before the game when I thought we were going to have to rescue JF from the worlds angriest man. Accused John of cutting him up in the car park and I thought he was going to explode with rage. This plastic scouser had also undercut us in the car park and was either genuinely mad or compensating for having a very small tackle. Felt a bit for JFs wife and the other passenger who clearly were shaken by this.
Add this to the pathetic stewarding today and it's pretty poor organisation from Chester.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 44
Codswede
March 14, 2015, 9:09pm

Upper Findus
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +300
Just back and ordered my curry, agree it feels like defeat. It was easy, Chester had given up, they'd had one opportunity with a long shot. Ok they had more of the ball in 2nd half than we'd like. But their tactic was to hit the channels, our best two players (magnay and Robertson) had it covered! Disley made sure they weren't attacking through the middle and Palmer and pitman were running them ragged!!! The crowd were chanting hursts name and cheering the lads home.

Then it happened. Palmer off, parslow on. I've nothing against paslow, he didn't lose the points, that can't be pinned on any of the players, that 451 tactic just doesn't work! We had a nackered JPP up front on his own, no chance against their 4 defenders! He didn't even put Hannah on to chase the ball!

It's fair to say I'm gutted, the players didn't deserve that, the fans didn't deserve that, and for PH to come out and ask if it really went wrong just laughs in the face of all of us! all in all a missed opportunity to make it a three horse race.

ATAW
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 44
lee65
March 14, 2015, 9:18pm
Champagne Drinker
By the way, Arnold was great today.  Lot's of effort, and his first touch control was a joy to watch at close hand
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 44
Garth
March 14, 2015, 9:41pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
3mm
post Today, 07:29 PM
Post #67

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Group: DC Moderators
Member No.: 91

QUOTE (MPW @ Mar 14 2015, 07:23 PM) *
I bet their manager is regretting taking Oli Palmer off, he was a quality player for them and we struggled to handle him. They probably thought they had the game won.
Absolutely, big mistake that smile.gif

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 44
psgmariner
March 14, 2015, 9:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 33
Have we discussed the farce of only  1 turnstile being open? Absolute joke.

We were so comfortable until par slow came on. 100% hurst' fault we lost those 2 points.

Private Message
Reply: 23 - 44
Maringer
March 14, 2015, 11:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
Quoted from Garth

QUOTE (MPW @ Mar 14 2015, 07:23 PM) *
I bet their manager is regretting taking Oli Palmer off, he was a quality player for them and we struggled to handle him. They probably thought they had the game won.
Absolutely, big mistake that smile.gif

Perhaps that fan doesn't realise that Palmer is still coming back from a hamstring injury? That's the reason he was taken off.

Hurst should be regretting not keeping two strikers on the pitch.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 44
KingstonMariner
March 14, 2015, 11:43pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
20 to 12 and there's not much of a defence of Hurst except Rob and his gambling strategies. That's telling because usually by now there's a lot of comments from some who went defending Hurst.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 44
MarinerWY
March 15, 2015, 12:11am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,938
Gold Stars: 45
I'm pretty pro-Hurst in general. I went today and that subsitution was flipping stupid. Felt like a loss, given that we were so comfortable.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 44
FishOutOfWater
March 15, 2015, 12:17am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Maringer

Perhaps that fan doesn't realise that Palmer is still coming back from a hamstring injury? That's the reason he was taken off.

Hurst should be regretting not keeping two strikers on the pitch.

He told JT there was a chance we would have  / could have lost if we'd kept to a 442 so don't think he does regret what he did

Seems to me that he's just being pig-headed about anyone questioning his decision making - even though to anyone and everyone else it was wrong he is reluctant to admit it

Reminds me of that England v West Germany game where we were cruising then Charlton went off and we ended up losing

The game isn't won till the final whistle so when you're in a winning position why hand over the initiative to the opposition while they have time to turn things around

Fatal tactical error imho
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 27 - 44
Mrs Doyle
March 15, 2015, 6:45am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
The idiots on  security got it so wrong  yesterday when there was still plenty of room in the corner of the away end they shut it off and forced us all in the side stand where there was just ONE TURNSTILE IN OPERATION We got in 20 minutes late despite being there at twenty to three.  Didn't see any trouble but it could have got very ugly a total fiasco on Chesters part. They just can't handle a big set of away fans god knows what they do when Wrexham visit.

OUR FANS WERE MAGNIFICENT SO PROUD TO BE A MARINER.

HURST PLEASE APOLOGISE AND ADMIT YOU GOT IT SO WRONG AT LEAST THAT WOULD BE A CRUMB OF COMFORT.

PS also thought Arnold was sheer quality is control was superb and Ollie was also causing them problems and had a good game yeah he looked tired and did need replacing but NOT TO GO 4,5,1. and shut up shop so early their manager and defenders must have thought YES YES YES.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 44
livosnose
March 15, 2015, 7:26am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,143
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
The idiots on  security got it so wrong  yesterday when there was still plenty of room in the corner of the away end they shut it off and forced us all in the side stand where there was just ONE TURNSTILE IN OPERATION We got in 20 minutes late despite being there at twenty to three.  Didn't see any trouble but it could have got very ugly a total fiasco on Chesters part. They just can't handle a big set of away fans god knows what they do when Wrexham visit.

OUR FANS WERE MAGNIFICENT SO PROUD TO BE A MARINER.

HURST PLEASE APOLOGISE AND ADMIT YOU GOT IT SO WRONG AT LEAST THAT WOULD BE A CRUMB OF COMFORT.

PS also thought Arnold was sheer quality is control was superb and Ollie was also causing them problems and had a good game yeah he looked tired and did need replacing but NOT TO GO 4,5,1. and shut up shop so early their manager and defenders must have thought YES YES YES.

The magnificence fans who were pushing in front of women and kids to get in ......? And the same fans dancing being complete stone island dicks in front of the disabled supporters who couldn't see ? Some of our fans are a disgrace and a waste of air.

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 44
jonnyboy82
March 15, 2015, 8:01am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
You know what's going to happen now don't you ?

From going 2 nil up to 2-2 Paul will drop Pittman who has scored and played very well since coming in the team to accomidate John Lewis to try and justify dropping the points.

Not his decision about parslow or addmiting he got it wrong , no it will be his excuse to change a team doing excellently which lets be honest he never wanted to put Palmer and Pittman together it was forced on him.

Now if lenny comes in because of his intercourse up i will be fuming, the two strikers Palmer and pittman have been brilliant together .

Watch this space he won't be able to help himself and leave lenny out.

GTFC
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 44
AndyGTFC
March 15, 2015, 12:25pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +774
Gold Stars: 4
Great away day, apart from the last 15 minutes...

First half, we dominated and deservedly had the lead going into half-time. I don't think we were great second half, we were inviting pressure but they weren't really creating anything, the fans got behind us and we managed to get the second goal. It should've been game over.

Things like this obviously happen in football but we're not good enough defensively to shut up shop with 20 minutes to go. It was far too early, We might have one of the strongest defensive records in the league but I don't think we're quite as strong as we've been in previous years, Woking and Braintree could've easily nicked something when we tried that in the last two games, it's not like we've suddenly become a brick wall when that substitution has been made in the past.

Big two points dropped but gotta move on to Eastleigh now...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 44
Theimperialcoroner
March 15, 2015, 3:04pm

A big positive for me was the ten minute of intense pressure on them before the second goal. We kept recycling the ball and moving them around until the chance came our way. Good stuff.
Then We gave all that hard work away.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 44
FishOutOfWater
March 15, 2015, 5:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
A big positive for me was the ten minute of intense pressure on them before the second goal. We kept recycling the ball and moving them around until the chance came our way. Good stuff.
Then  We  HE  gave all that hard work away.

Slight edit for what it's worth....
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 33 - 44
excusebeef
March 15, 2015, 5:27pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +296
Even before the manager made the sub that cost us the match, I was calling for him to make the sub because they looked dangerous on the counter, even in the first half. Unfortunately when he made the sub, tow kept going long to a lone small striker. If we would of kept the ball better we could of stifled their threat more, but instead it just kept coming back at us.

In brief I think the sub was the right one at the time, but in hindsight no it was not, but we're all experts after the event and that's why we're not managers. Give the bloke some slack is what I say. Disappointed of course but we're still in contention.

Lets not forget, Chester were high in the form table leading into today, what's gutting is we played great first half and only come away with a point
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 44
ackomariner
March 15, 2015, 5:56pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from excusebeef
Even before the manager made the sub that cost us the match, I was calling for him to make the sub because they looked dangerous on the counter, even in the first half. Unfortunately when he made the sub, tow kept going long to a lone small striker. If we would of kept the ball better we could of stifled their threat more, but instead it just kept coming back at us.

In brief I think the sub was the right one at the time, but in hindsight no it was not, but we're all experts after the event and that's why we're not managers. Give the bloke some slack is what I say. Disappointed of course but we're still in contention.

Lets not forget, Chester were high in the form table leading into today, what's gutting is we played great first half and only come away with a point

Your last paragraph sums it up perfectly for me.......Chester one of the inform teams and were cruising along at 2:0.....so why not put the game to bed and go for the 3rd

He's tactically useless as I've stated from day one and he doesn't learn from his mistakes, but more of a worry is that he thinks he's made the right choice

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 44
springstomind
March 15, 2015, 6:45pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +322
I remember him brining Parslow on away at Altrincham and exactly the same happened then. Late goal.  It happened against Woking and didn't work against Braintree. I'm not sure the substitution is that moronic, but Paralow isn't that good is he?!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 44
grimsby pete
March 15, 2015, 6:55pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Maybe it was the right decision to make the change,

BUT

Hurst made it too early and brought on the wrong player,

Bringing Jolley on for Palmer would have kept the pressure on them,

Then with 5mins to go he could have brought on Brown or Parslow.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 44
Paris Mariner
March 15, 2015, 7:02pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Not had chance to post since getting back but here's what I think. 4 wins and 1 draw from the last 5 games is a great result. We're the only unbeaten team in the top 4 during that run.

Yes, I have been a supporter of Hurst, and I stand by him, but he made a poor decision yesterday. It harked back to the dark days of Lawrence and Groves when we squandered wins by using the same tactic. In saying that, it wasn't Parslow's fault - I thought he did ok when he came on - won his tackles, played it simple (yes, he's never spectacular ever), didn't give it away cheaply, a good cameo.

We lost it with long balls up top. I think we all saw where LJL has proved beneficial over the last two seasons - he allows the runners in behind to get involved. Disley, for example, never really had the opportunity to do that yesterday -he won a lot of second balls but didn't penetrate going forward like he usually does. We were too one dimensional.

What a great game for the neutral though. We had two great chances with Clay to win it at the end too. All is not lost as we are still 5 points off with a game in hand on Macc and Brizzle. We are still the form time, at the right stage of the season.

To the bloke sat in the stand where we all got in late screaming his head off at Hurst at FT. Pathetic mate. Having to be restrained by your missus for shouting a tirade of abuse at a manager who has us in with an outside shot at the title in March? Just a bit over the top really.

Onwards and upwards!

UTM

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 38 - 44
Maringer
March 15, 2015, 9:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
Quoted from jonnyboy82
You know what's going to happen now don't you ?

From going 2 nil up to 2-2 Paul will drop Pittman who has scored and played very well since coming in the team to accomidate John Lewis to try and justify dropping the points.

Not his decision about parslow or addmiting he got it wrong , no it will be his excuse to change a team doing excellently which lets be honest he never wanted to put Palmer and Pittman together it was forced on him.

Now if lenny comes in because of his intercourse up i will be fuming, the two strikers Palmer and pittman have been brilliant together .

Watch this space he won't be able to help himself and leave lenny out.

Evidence?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 44
jonnyboy82
March 16, 2015, 7:50am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from Maringer

Evidence?

Paul hurst.

That should be enough evidence.

GTFC
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 44
TownSNAFU5
March 16, 2015, 1:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,773
Gold Stars: 41
Chester might be high in the current form table.  Due for a defeat then?  

They are not a team challenging for promotion. Over the whole season to date, their record is inferior.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 44
DickBarton
March 17, 2015, 7:04am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +3 / -5
Approval: -355
Quoted from ackomariner

Your last paragraph sums it up perfectly for me.......Chester one of the inform teams and were cruising along at 2:0.....so why not put the game to bed and go for the 3rd

He's tactically useless as I've stated from day one and he doesn't learn from his mistakes, but more of a worry is that he thinks he's made the right choice

He is not useless.
Convenient memories  forget substitutions that have turned the game for us.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 44
Caesar
March 17, 2015, 9:46am

Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from DickBarton

He is not useless.
Convenient memories  forget substitutions that have turned the game for us.

Of course he is not useless, that is hyperbole in the extreme. As I said he deserves a lot of credit gor getting this team together amd coaching us to play as well as we do at times. Indeed I think the problem with Hurst to an extent is that he is very good, just I don't think quite good enough to get us up. If he wasn't so good and close with us it would be an easy decision to move on.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 44
oldun
March 17, 2015, 10:09am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Most people are blaming PH for the loss of 2 points on Sat and maybe that is right with hindsight. Yes we seem to have given the initiative to Chester who probably thought the game was lost at 2-0. What about the goals conceded though, that was surely down to the players on the pitch, PH could not legislate for them especially conceding a late penalty.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 44
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.