5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Codswede
March 14, 2015, 9:09pm

Upper Findus
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +300
Just back and ordered my curry, agree it feels like defeat. It was easy, Chester had given up, they'd had one opportunity with a long shot. Ok they had more of the ball in 2nd half than we'd like. But their tactic was to hit the channels, our best two players (magnay and Robertson) had it covered! Disley made sure they weren't attacking through the middle and Palmer and pitman were running them ragged!!! The crowd were chanting hursts name and cheering the lads home.

Then it happened. Palmer off, parslow on. I've nothing against paslow, he didn't lose the points, that can't be pinned on any of the players, that 451 tactic just doesn't work! We had a nackered JPP up front on his own, no chance against their 4 defenders! He didn't even put Hannah on to chase the ball!

It's fair to say I'm gutted, the players didn't deserve that, the fans didn't deserve that, and for PH to come out and ask if it really went wrong just laughs in the face of all of us! all in all a missed opportunity to make it a three horse race.

ATAW
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 44
lee65
March 14, 2015, 9:18pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,483
Gold Stars: 10
By the way, Arnold was great today.  Lot's of effort, and his first touch control was a joy to watch at close hand
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 44
Garth
March 14, 2015, 9:41pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
3mm
post Today, 07:29 PM
Post #67

Lifelong supporter
Group Icon

Group: DC Moderators
Member No.: 91

QUOTE (MPW @ Mar 14 2015, 07:23 PM) *
I bet their manager is regretting taking Oli Palmer off, he was a quality player for them and we struggled to handle him. They probably thought they had the game won.
Absolutely, big mistake that smile.gif

--------------------
On match days ... we ALL play!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 44
psgmariner
March 14, 2015, 9:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Have we discussed the farce of only  1 turnstile being open? Absolute joke.

We were so comfortable until par slow came on. 100% hurst' fault we lost those 2 points.

Private Message
Reply: 23 - 44
Maringer
March 14, 2015, 11:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,491
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from Garth

QUOTE (MPW @ Mar 14 2015, 07:23 PM) *
I bet their manager is regretting taking Oli Palmer off, he was a quality player for them and we struggled to handle him. They probably thought they had the game won.
Absolutely, big mistake that smile.gif

Perhaps that fan doesn't realise that Palmer is still coming back from a hamstring injury? That's the reason he was taken off.

Hurst should be regretting not keeping two strikers on the pitch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 44
KingstonMariner
March 14, 2015, 11:43pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
20 to 12 and there's not much of a defence of Hurst except Rob and his gambling strategies. That's telling because usually by now there's a lot of comments from some who went defending Hurst.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 44
MarinerWY
March 15, 2015, 12:11am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 47
I'm pretty pro-Hurst in general. I went today and that subsitution was flipping stupid. Felt like a loss, given that we were so comfortable.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 44
FishOutOfWater
March 15, 2015, 12:17am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Maringer

Perhaps that fan doesn't realise that Palmer is still coming back from a hamstring injury? That's the reason he was taken off.

Hurst should be regretting not keeping two strikers on the pitch.

He told JT there was a chance we would have  / could have lost if we'd kept to a 442 so don't think he does regret what he did

Seems to me that he's just being pig-headed about anyone questioning his decision making - even though to anyone and everyone else it was wrong he is reluctant to admit it

Reminds me of that England v West Germany game where we were cruising then Charlton went off and we ended up losing

The game isn't won till the final whistle so when you're in a winning position why hand over the initiative to the opposition while they have time to turn things around

Fatal tactical error imho
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 27 - 44
Mrs Doyle
March 15, 2015, 6:45am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
The idiots on  security got it so wrong  yesterday when there was still plenty of room in the corner of the away end they shut it off and forced us all in the side stand where there was just ONE TURNSTILE IN OPERATION We got in 20 minutes late despite being there at twenty to three.  Didn't see any trouble but it could have got very ugly a total fiasco on Chesters part. They just can't handle a big set of away fans god knows what they do when Wrexham visit.

OUR FANS WERE MAGNIFICENT SO PROUD TO BE A MARINER.

HURST PLEASE APOLOGISE AND ADMIT YOU GOT IT SO WRONG AT LEAST THAT WOULD BE A CRUMB OF COMFORT.

PS also thought Arnold was sheer quality is control was superb and Ollie was also causing them problems and had a good game yeah he looked tired and did need replacing but NOT TO GO 4,5,1. and shut up shop so early their manager and defenders must have thought YES YES YES.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 44
livosnose
March 15, 2015, 7:26am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,164
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
The idiots on  security got it so wrong  yesterday when there was still plenty of room in the corner of the away end they shut it off and forced us all in the side stand where there was just ONE TURNSTILE IN OPERATION We got in 20 minutes late despite being there at twenty to three.  Didn't see any trouble but it could have got very ugly a total fiasco on Chesters part. They just can't handle a big set of away fans god knows what they do when Wrexham visit.

OUR FANS WERE MAGNIFICENT SO PROUD TO BE A MARINER.

HURST PLEASE APOLOGISE AND ADMIT YOU GOT IT SO WRONG AT LEAST THAT WOULD BE A CRUMB OF COMFORT.

PS also thought Arnold was sheer quality is control was superb and Ollie was also causing them problems and had a good game yeah he looked tired and did need replacing but NOT TO GO 4,5,1. and shut up shop so early their manager and defenders must have thought YES YES YES.

The magnificence fans who were pushing in front of women and kids to get in ......? And the same fans dancing being complete stone island dicks in front of the disabled supporters who couldn't see ? Some of our fans are a disgrace and a waste of air.

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.