Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back..
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 256 Guests

Just back..

This thread currently has 9,130 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
TAGG
February 28, 2015, 5:46pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,965
Gold Stars: 123
What a excrement game of football.
Boring boring boring.
Just been yaping to two guys who have been for the first time in 5 years needless to say it will be another 5 years before they think of coming again.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 47
Belfast Town
February 28, 2015, 5:48pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +1,689
Gold Stars: 19
Apart from the goal mouth scramble they had after five minutes, they never really caused any problems but were difficult to break down. Workman like performance from Town, but good enough.

Shame the top two won. Just feels like we're running out of games for them to stumble badly enough for us to win the league.

That's 7 wins out of 7 matches for me this season. Tempted to stay and get a season ticket but have to be back in Belfast tomorrow.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 47
Garth
February 28, 2015, 5:49pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Poor game, defence played well considering that they were overworked due to poor midfield and forward play, still three points is three points and at this stage thats all that matters
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 47
barralad
February 28, 2015, 5:53pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
A pretty poor game made more interesting by the group sitting to the right of us in the Pontoon who waved "Je Suis Lenny" posters before and during the game.

Missed the goal whilst chivalrously getting my Mrs. a bag of crisps from the  shop so didn't even get the warm fuzzy feeling for Disley's latest very important strike.

A word on Jolley-when he hugs the touchline and Robertson has the ball and is coming down the line he doesn't appear to have a clue what to do.

We appear (still) to lack anyone willing to gamble on a ball coming across the box as shown by no-one being anywhere near the ball Lenny screwed across after we'd scored.

Braintree defended well with perhaps more gamesmanship than usual.

We lacked basic attacking guile...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 47
gtfc82
February 28, 2015, 5:54pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +616
Quoted from mariner tommy
First half was absolutely awful.
Slight improvement in the second half.
But, what the hell, three points is what matters now.
The referee was the worst of the season.

UTM

I said exactly the same thing when I got home! Also, 7 yellow cards and a red, yet was it a dirty game? An 'everyone look at me, I'm in charge' performance from a hopeless ref!!!

Oh well, 3 points is all that counts!! 😃
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 47
ginnywings
February 28, 2015, 5:56pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
I can understand Hurst leaving Palmer on the bench and giving him a bit more recovery time but to bring on Parslow at home against Braintree when you are 1-0 up is typical for me of why the fans just never get behind Hurst. The front 2 were shocking and the ball just kept coming back time and again. Palmer would have put them under more pressure with his non stop style but maybe it wasn't worth the risk of further injury and we didn't need a goal, just someone to put his foot on the ball and calm it down. We lost most first balls and were usually second to the second balls. Fortunately, Braintree were very limited and couldn't take advantage. Think the lad was unlucky to be sent off, he just wanted it more.

Ref was as bad as i have seen and i've seen some dross down here.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 47
oldun
February 28, 2015, 5:57pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Always going to be a difficult game. Both defences well on top. One moment if quality and we score a fabulous goal. 3 points thank you. Not great viewing but it is all about points now. Agree number 20 for Braintree looks to be an excellent defender.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 47
gtfc82
February 28, 2015, 5:58pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +616
Quoted from barralad

A word on Jolley-when he hugs the touchline and Robertson has the ball and is coming down the line he doesn't appear to have a clue what to do.

So he has no idea what to do when he's either up front or on the wing? Pretty useless all round then!!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 47
zorro_is_a_Mariner
February 28, 2015, 6:00pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +30 / -6
Approval: +1,369
Gold Stars: 4
Braintree have won five lost 12 away from home, no draws and conceeded nearly the same amount they have scored so it was always going to be a tight game. Thankfully dis popped up with another header. Another 3 points that's the main thing for me.

Gtfc all the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 47
the driver
February 28, 2015, 6:02pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +127
Slightly lucky to win Iam  convinced the ball was over the line for them in first half as were a few fans close to were I sit in the lower Findus have to agree about the ref why he booked Dis God only knows again a win is a win on we go
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.