This thread currently has 3,929 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
fleabag1970
February 25, 2015, 9:46am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
I see PH has a new Fave ................ Can some one please give me a clue as to how an Unfit player can get the nod over Ross Hannah? IHaving watch Jolley , he offers very little in the LJL pairing at all  and looks a yard off the pace . Ross Hannah should be given a run of games like Jolley has had imo ................... Ross Hannah is our Harry Kane !! He just needs a run of games to sharpen up his timing . His work rate is immense , he chases everything down ! Come to think of it he should be the first strikers name on the team sheet ...........................................

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Jarmo.Is.God
February 25, 2015, 9:55am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Jolley showed signs last night IMO.

some good skill, and confidence in running at defenders, alot more to come IMO, however, he is a winger
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 27
Garth
February 25, 2015, 10:08am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Offside Hannah for me over Jolley any day of the week having watched all his games for us since he arrived, yes he`s improved but he is not at this time the goal scorer we need allowing that he had a tap in Saturday, he is easily robbed and shot shy, Hannah`s workrate is better he too is easily robbed but lets fly on sight and always has a goal in him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 27
Maringer
February 25, 2015, 10:09am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,141
Gold Stars: 180
The odd thing is that we're told Jolley isn't a winger, though he certainly looks to have the attributes of one! He showed some good bits of skill last night at times but this was combined together with a lack of real incisiveness. Great pace but didn't really show it often enough and looked a player still lacking in confidence to me, to tell the truth.

A pity he didn't knock in his first half chance after LJL's first effort had been saved. I really thought he should have buried that one.

If Pittman is getting back to full fitness, I think I'd prefer to see him in the team at the moment, to tell the truth, but that's not going to help Jolley regain his form and confidence.

I appreciate LJL's workrate but it would be interesting to see how Pittman and Jolley did as a pairing. Could be awkward as both seem to like playing on the left.

Hannah wouldn't be near the starting line-up for me, I'm afraid.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 27
Les Brechin
February 25, 2015, 10:12am

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,645
Gold Stars: 168
Quoted from fleabag1970
I see PH has a new Fave ................ Can some one please give me a clue as to how an Unfit player can get the nod over Ross Hannah? IHaving watch Jolley , he offers very little in the LJL pairing at all  and looks a yard off the pace . Ross Hannah should be given a run of games like Jolley has had imo ................... Ross Hannah is our Harry Kane !! He just needs a run of games to sharpen up his timing . His work rate is immense , he chases everything down ! Come to think of it he should be the first strikers name on the team sheet ...........................................

That must be the funniest thing I've read in a long time.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 27
Mariner Timsky
February 25, 2015, 10:19am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,535
Gold Stars: 4
Ross will get his game, , , he just has to wait to Alfreton away!!  

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 27
fleabag1970
February 25, 2015, 10:32am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Quoted from Les Brechin

That must be the funniest thing I've read in a long time.

Perhaps , but you should have a look what Spurs fans were saying about Kane earlier in the season  ...... " Championship at best " was the general opinion ......................................... I didn't say Ross was as good as Kane ....... but he plays in a similar way to Kane

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 27
horsforthmariner
February 25, 2015, 10:39am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,575
Gold Stars: 8
The problem with Ross is he has gone backwards since he got here. He is constantly offside, his finishing (which previously was so good) has deteriorated. He clearly needs a run of games and to be number one choice but he's not going to get that when he is behind Shop, Pittman, Palmer and possibly Jolley.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 27
Maringer
February 25, 2015, 11:00am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,141
Gold Stars: 180
Quoted from fleabag1970

I didn't say Ross was as good as Kane ....... but he plays in a similar way to Kane

Are you sure about that?

Kane is a 6'2" targetman who leads the line well and is a good finisher.

Hannah isn't.

I can't fault Hannah's workrate but trying to compare him to Kane is just baffling.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 27
mariner91
February 25, 2015, 11:12am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,252
Gold Stars: 253
Quoted from fleabag1970

Perhaps , but you should have a look what Spurs fans were saying about Kane earlier in the season  ...... " Championship at best " was the general opinion ......................................... I didn't say Ross was as good as Kane ....... but he plays in a similar way to Kane

No, he doesn't. Not even remotely similar.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 27
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jolley/ Ross Hannah

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.