mariner91
February 25, 2015, 3:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,249
Gold Stars: 253
Quoted from fleabag1970

Kane loves to play on the Shoulder and get in behind .......... The fact that he is 6'2 has nothing to do with that !! The last thing that Poch has his players doing is hoofing it up to the big 6'2 target man . Most of HK 's goals are from him runiing on to great through balls........................................ WAIT A MINUTE .......... Didn't Hannah used to do that ?????????????

If you watch Kane he comes deep to get the ball quite a lot, something Hannah never does. Kane is also quite good at playing others in and holding it up, Hannah is good at neither of these things. Kane often receives the ball in front of the defence by drifting into gaps or going out wide, he loves cutting in from the left with the ball at his feet, I don't think I've ever seen Hannah do anything similar convincingly. Kane generally starts his runs from deeper, he doesn't play on the shoulder as such. He times his runs and angles them so that the defenders don't see him. Even if the Spurs play is particularly high up the pitch, he often positions himself for a pull back as opposed to being ahead of the ball, he really isn't an off the shoulder sort of striker. Hannah plays off the shoulder which is why he's always offside, very little room for error. And Kane is good in the air, another reason Hannah is not similar.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 27
mariner91
February 25, 2015, 3:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,249
Gold Stars: 253
Quoted from ackomariner

You could say that it's at least on target then, not hitting the seagulls flying by

Irrelevant where it goes really as 9 times out of 10 he's offside anyway.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 27
fiveallive
February 25, 2015, 3:53pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
I don't think Jolley is the problem one thing he could of done last night was stretch there defence when Arnold went into the middle he could have stretched the defence and ran out wide but never did, the issue last night was LJL Jolley could of had 2 last night if LJL passed so greedy, i understand Jolley coming off for either Pittman or Hannah because he's not match fot yet but not to bring on Watson for LJL.

LJL never gets dropped he would be the first name on the team sheet with a broken leg.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 27
Maringer
February 25, 2015, 4:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
For all the agreement that it wasn't his best performance, LJL hit the target twice last night, forcing good saves on both occasions. Only Arnold matched this, once for the goal and earlier for another effort well-saved. Jolley also had one effort blocked/saved (I thought it was a double save from their keeper, others thought a defender blocked his effort).

Hannah might have done a bit better last night due to the weak Telford defence and the fact he's always willing to have a go. There were way too many occasions last night where we got into good positions in and around the box but didn't even manage to get a shot away. In particular, there were lots of occasions where we had the ball at the edge of the opposition box but needlessly passed it wide instead of having a pop at goal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 27
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 25, 2015, 4:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,759
Gold Stars: 177
Problem solved then. Sign Harry kane

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 27
oldun
February 25, 2015, 4:27pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
I thought Jolley played better last night than he did in his first game, he did look sharper and quicker so he is getting there. Still easily knocked off the ball but again put himself about more. I think the problem is that he has not worked out an understanding with Lenny yet and was let down when in good positions and Lenny ignored him. I personally would persevere with him but I think Pittman is the best partner for Lenny, stronger and cleverer than Hannah.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 27
February 25, 2015, 4:27pm
Guest User
I  wish we could drop this old boring name  "OFFSIDE" Hannah. The fact is many times he has been ruled offside is because the ball through from midfield is late, if Hannah had more playing time perhaps midfield might get to learn his game. Given his chance over a decent period of play , we should see the old Hannah.
Reply: 26 - 27
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 25, 2015, 4:30pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,759
Gold Stars: 177
Where does Zlatan33 fit in then???

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 27
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jolley/ Ross Hannah

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.