This thread currently has 3,946 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
fleabag1970
February 25, 2015, 9:46am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
I see PH has a new Fave ................ Can some one please give me a clue as to how an Unfit player can get the nod over Ross Hannah? IHaving watch Jolley , he offers very little in the LJL pairing at all  and looks a yard off the pace . Ross Hannah should be given a run of games like Jolley has had imo ................... Ross Hannah is our Harry Kane !! He just needs a run of games to sharpen up his timing . His work rate is immense , he chases everything down ! Come to think of it he should be the first strikers name on the team sheet ...........................................

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Jarmo.Is.God
February 25, 2015, 9:55am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Jolley showed signs last night IMO.

some good skill, and confidence in running at defenders, alot more to come IMO, however, he is a winger
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 27
Garth
February 25, 2015, 10:08am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Offside Hannah for me over Jolley any day of the week having watched all his games for us since he arrived, yes he`s improved but he is not at this time the goal scorer we need allowing that he had a tap in Saturday, he is easily robbed and shot shy, Hannah`s workrate is better he too is easily robbed but lets fly on sight and always has a goal in him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 27
Maringer
February 25, 2015, 10:09am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,411
Gold Stars: 184
The odd thing is that we're told Jolley isn't a winger, though he certainly looks to have the attributes of one! He showed some good bits of skill last night at times but this was combined together with a lack of real incisiveness. Great pace but didn't really show it often enough and looked a player still lacking in confidence to me, to tell the truth.

A pity he didn't knock in his first half chance after LJL's first effort had been saved. I really thought he should have buried that one.

If Pittman is getting back to full fitness, I think I'd prefer to see him in the team at the moment, to tell the truth, but that's not going to help Jolley regain his form and confidence.

I appreciate LJL's workrate but it would be interesting to see how Pittman and Jolley did as a pairing. Could be awkward as both seem to like playing on the left.

Hannah wouldn't be near the starting line-up for me, I'm afraid.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 27
Les Brechin
February 25, 2015, 10:12am

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,693
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from fleabag1970
I see PH has a new Fave ................ Can some one please give me a clue as to how an Unfit player can get the nod over Ross Hannah? IHaving watch Jolley , he offers very little in the LJL pairing at all  and looks a yard off the pace . Ross Hannah should be given a run of games like Jolley has had imo ................... Ross Hannah is our Harry Kane !! He just needs a run of games to sharpen up his timing . His work rate is immense , he chases everything down ! Come to think of it he should be the first strikers name on the team sheet ...........................................

That must be the funniest thing I've read in a long time.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 27
Mariner Timsky
February 25, 2015, 10:19am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 4
Ross will get his game, , , he just has to wait to Alfreton away!!  

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 27
fleabag1970
February 25, 2015, 10:32am
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Les Brechin

That must be the funniest thing I've read in a long time.

Perhaps , but you should have a look what Spurs fans were saying about Kane earlier in the season  ...... " Championship at best " was the general opinion ......................................... I didn't say Ross was as good as Kane ....... but he plays in a similar way to Kane

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 27
horsforthmariner
February 25, 2015, 10:39am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,588
Gold Stars: 9
The problem with Ross is he has gone backwards since he got here. He is constantly offside, his finishing (which previously was so good) has deteriorated. He clearly needs a run of games and to be number one choice but he's not going to get that when he is behind Shop, Pittman, Palmer and possibly Jolley.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 27
Maringer
February 25, 2015, 11:00am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from fleabag1970

I didn't say Ross was as good as Kane ....... but he plays in a similar way to Kane

Are you sure about that?

Kane is a 6'2" targetman who leads the line well and is a good finisher.

Hannah isn't.

I can't fault Hannah's workrate but trying to compare him to Kane is just baffling.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 27
mariner91
February 25, 2015, 11:12am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,578
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from fleabag1970

Perhaps , but you should have a look what Spurs fans were saying about Kane earlier in the season  ...... " Championship at best " was the general opinion ......................................... I didn't say Ross was as good as Kane ....... but he plays in a similar way to Kane

No, he doesn't. Not even remotely similar.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 27
mike_d
February 25, 2015, 1:35pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +383
Gold Stars: 4
Being a yard off the pace should mean unlike Hannah Jolley's not offside..

To quote - Insanely amazing or amazingly insane. Life as a Town Fan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 27
gtfc98
February 25, 2015, 2:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from fleabag1970

Hannah is useless. end of thread.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 27
Tom13
February 25, 2015, 2:17pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +12 / 0
Approval: +270
Hannah is clearly not our Harry Kane in that sense, as Hannah was first choice for most of last season hence having a long run of games, whereas Kane was an unproven youngster and not a self-labelled "goal machine".
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 27
ackomariner
February 25, 2015, 2:37pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from gtfc98

Hannah is useless. end of thread.

What and LJL isnt  

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 27
Biccys
February 25, 2015, 2:51pm
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Nobody mentioning the elephant in the room that is Hamish? PH himself stated that what he can do is finish. How the hell he hasn't been given the opportunity to show it in a game for half an hour at least is beyond baffling.

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 14 - 27
Garth
February 25, 2015, 3:08pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Biccys
Nobody mentioning the elephant in the room that is Hamish? PH himself stated that what he can do is finish. How the hell he hasn't been given the opportunity to show it in a game for half an hour at least is beyond baffling.

Exactly if he is not up to the standard of playing Conference football, what the hell is he doing on the bench each week? smacks a little of the seasons when Hearn was the topic of discussion regarding sitting on the bench or  playing, Rob Scott said " Its not the Hearn show" (but in truth it always was)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 27
fleabag1970
February 25, 2015, 3:10pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Maringer

Are you sure about that?

Kane is a 6'2" targetman who leads the line well and is a good finisher.

Hannah isn't.

I can't fault Hannah's workrate but trying to compare him to Kane is just baffling.

Kane loves to play on the Shoulder and get in behind .......... The fact that he is 6'2 has nothing to do with that !! The last thing that Poch has his players doing is hoofing it up to the big 6'2 target man . Most of HK 's goals are from him runiing on to great through balls........................................ WAIT A MINUTE .......... Didn't Hannah used to do that ?????????????

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 27
Abdul19
February 25, 2015, 3:31pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,515
Gold Stars: 215
He still runs onto through balls, but now misses rather than scores. A bit like Roberto Soldado.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 27
Maringer
February 25, 2015, 3:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Abdul19
He still runs onto through balls, but now misses rather than scores. A bit like Roberto Soldado.

To be fair, he doesn't always miss. Sometimes he just kicks it straight at the opposition keeper.  

Erm, a bit like most of our other strikers!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 27
ackomariner
February 25, 2015, 3:44pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Maringer

To be fair, he doesn't always miss. Sometimes he just kicks it straight at the opposition keeper.  

Erm, a bit like most of our other strikers!

You could say that it's at least on target then, not hitting the seagulls flying by

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 27
mariner91
February 25, 2015, 3:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from fleabag1970

Kane loves to play on the Shoulder and get in behind .......... The fact that he is 6'2 has nothing to do with that !! The last thing that Poch has his players doing is hoofing it up to the big 6'2 target man . Most of HK 's goals are from him runiing on to great through balls........................................ WAIT A MINUTE .......... Didn't Hannah used to do that ?????????????

If you watch Kane he comes deep to get the ball quite a lot, something Hannah never does. Kane is also quite good at playing others in and holding it up, Hannah is good at neither of these things. Kane often receives the ball in front of the defence by drifting into gaps or going out wide, he loves cutting in from the left with the ball at his feet, I don't think I've ever seen Hannah do anything similar convincingly. Kane generally starts his runs from deeper, he doesn't play on the shoulder as such. He times his runs and angles them so that the defenders don't see him. Even if the Spurs play is particularly high up the pitch, he often positions himself for a pull back as opposed to being ahead of the ball, he really isn't an off the shoulder sort of striker. Hannah plays off the shoulder which is why he's always offside, very little room for error. And Kane is good in the air, another reason Hannah is not similar.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 27
mariner91
February 25, 2015, 3:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ackomariner

You could say that it's at least on target then, not hitting the seagulls flying by

Irrelevant where it goes really as 9 times out of 10 he's offside anyway.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 27
fiveallive
February 25, 2015, 3:53pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
I don't think Jolley is the problem one thing he could of done last night was stretch there defence when Arnold went into the middle he could have stretched the defence and ran out wide but never did, the issue last night was LJL Jolley could of had 2 last night if LJL passed so greedy, i understand Jolley coming off for either Pittman or Hannah because he's not match fot yet but not to bring on Watson for LJL.

LJL never gets dropped he would be the first name on the team sheet with a broken leg.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 27
Maringer
February 25, 2015, 4:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
For all the agreement that it wasn't his best performance, LJL hit the target twice last night, forcing good saves on both occasions. Only Arnold matched this, once for the goal and earlier for another effort well-saved. Jolley also had one effort blocked/saved (I thought it was a double save from their keeper, others thought a defender blocked his effort).

Hannah might have done a bit better last night due to the weak Telford defence and the fact he's always willing to have a go. There were way too many occasions last night where we got into good positions in and around the box but didn't even manage to get a shot away. In particular, there were lots of occasions where we had the ball at the edge of the opposition box but needlessly passed it wide instead of having a pop at goal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 27
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 25, 2015, 4:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
Problem solved then. Sign Harry kane

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 27
oldun
February 25, 2015, 4:27pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
I thought Jolley played better last night than he did in his first game, he did look sharper and quicker so he is getting there. Still easily knocked off the ball but again put himself about more. I think the problem is that he has not worked out an understanding with Lenny yet and was let down when in good positions and Lenny ignored him. I personally would persevere with him but I think Pittman is the best partner for Lenny, stronger and cleverer than Hannah.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 27
February 25, 2015, 4:27pm
Guest User
I  wish we could drop this old boring name  "OFFSIDE" Hannah. The fact is many times he has been ruled offside is because the ball through from midfield is late, if Hannah had more playing time perhaps midfield might get to learn his game. Given his chance over a decent period of play , we should see the old Hannah.
Reply: 26 - 27
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 25, 2015, 4:30pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
Where does Zlatan33 fit in then???

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 27
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jolley/ Ross Hannah

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.