Marinerz93
February 23, 2015, 6:12pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

My pal works for shoreline and its not the ex coach selling ipads cheap but he says they got 4 k for moving out,some have spent it on the finer things of life

I did hear that figure and was a bit shocked when I first heard it. I asked where some of them had gone and the fella said 'oh just few streets away.'  I said what about the money and he said 'the type of people who snapped up the offer to move out would have spent it just as quick.'

I was also told that Nelson House would be the last flats to be knocked down.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 38
WetFlannel
February 23, 2015, 6:15pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +395
Gold Stars: 7
Nice to see people like May ensuring that future generations will live in a town almost identical to the one she lived in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 38
acko338
February 23, 2015, 6:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,225
Gold Stars: 33
Nelson House is the first to go down, apparently - half empty already, and no tenancies being reviewed - I did the fire assessment for the building just before Xmas !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 38
Marinerz93
February 23, 2015, 6:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Quoted from acko338
Nelson House is the first to go down, apparently - half empty already, and no tenancies being reviewed - I did the fire assessment for the building just before Xmas !

I was only working there last week and it will be last one to come down due to the age of the occupants and 'security side of that area'

They are all less than half empty.

Who knows for real, they change their mind like the wind  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 38
BS baffles brains
February 23, 2015, 7:05pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +33
I've heard a few on here speak about affordable housing, the current rules are any development of over 10 units, 20% has to be social housing. Therefore the proposed 1600 units required for the peakes development, would be 320 affordable, or social housing. In some cases these are not necessarily built on the site in question, for example if you have a site in an expensive part of town, it is possible to offset your social housing on a site in a less expensive part of town.  JF did say on Humberside Radio, on Friday that if the ground was led by housing, not all the housing would be at PP, and that the club was speaking to land owners in other parts of the county.  How this all works need some explanation, because any site with planning, would not be interested; But lets be honest, agricultural land at 10k an acre is worth a £million plus with planning, my question is who gets what? .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 38
barralad
February 23, 2015, 7:27pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from BS baffles brains
I've heard a few on here speak about affordable housing, the current rules are any development of over 10 units, 20% has to be social housing. Therefore the proposed 1600 units required for the peakes development, would be 320 affordable, or social housing. In some cases these are not necessarily built on the site in question, for example if you have a site in an expensive part of town, it is possible to offset your social housing on a site in a less expensive part of town.  JF did say on Humberside Radio, on Friday that if the ground was led by housing, not all the housing would be at PP, and that the club was speaking to land owners in other parts of the county.  How this all works need some explanation, because any site with planning, would not be interested; But lets be honest, agricultural land at 10k an acre is worth a £million plus with planning, my question is who gets what? .

Good thread this! We have some very knowledgeable people on here...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 38
ginnywings
February 23, 2015, 8:47pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,126
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from BS baffles brains

This is where the Council can dictate the direction. If they give currently worthless land the nod for development, then the developers will be falling over themselves to get on board and the Council can dictate what and where they build, as long as they give them enough scope for a healthy profit. The price of houses in GY is relatively low on a national scale, so even if they were required to build 20% low cost affordable housing on the same development as more luxurious dwellings, then everyone can get what they want. If you could also get a big retailer or two on board, then even better. Companies such as Aldi are throwing up supermarkets as fast as possible at the moment. I really think this can work and tick a lot of boxes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 38
ackomariner
February 23, 2015, 8:53pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Id look at a nice 4 bedroomed detached on there  

Got to park the subaru somewhere

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 38
BS baffles brains
February 23, 2015, 9:21pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +33
What could make this scheme, find its way into the local plan, will be the quantity of land, a hard up council, would have left, to sell on for development, if the council land is lost to infrastructure, the community stadium and parking, and additional playing pitches, then the council cabinet will simply ask what's in it for them. Lets be realistic lads, if all the renewable energy predictions, do come to fruition, then an estimated 8, to 10,000 jobs will be created, and a few thousand people will move into the area , the new proposed local plan, envisages 9,000 new homes by 2030. We could need some housing very quickly, Has usual, this is all going to be about, who get what. Lets hope Able uk. can finally give this area the kick start, we've needed for the past forty years , and what's another 1600 homes on the local plan, this is not going to happen overnight, and in twelve months the local economy might be improving fast, the first fight for JF, is to get the PP site included in the local plan, because without that, PP will never happen. We might finally see the local population start to rise, instead of declining. UTM, I can feel it in my water, Promotion this season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 38
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fenty defends plan against "vociferous"

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.