GiveUsAG
February 22, 2015, 7:26pm

Neither above nor beneath
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +530
I say good on him.  

There will always be opposition, no matter where the club had chosen to develop a new stadium.

I know many fans don't like Mr Fenty, but I think they should put aside their dislike for Fenty, for the greater good and get behind the plans to relocate before it becomes too late... Again.  

As fans we should always hope and want the best for the club we proudly support. A new stadium would be best for the Mariners' future, so I echo what I said, "Get behind the plans to relocate before it becomes too late."

[IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/mvnser.png[/IMG]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 38
sonik
February 22, 2015, 7:35pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Gold Stars: 1
I think from reading some comments from the objectors that they have done themselves more harm than good today. Well done John for standing up for the future of GTFC!

utm!

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 38
ackomariner
February 22, 2015, 7:37pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from MuddyWaters
I think we have to accept that the arguments need to be made FOR the development rather than respond to the arguments AGAINST. Only a relatively small percentage of the population of NE Lincs go to watch Town and I'm sure many of us have raised arguments against local planning applications we don't like ourselves so we should expect people in the locality to rspond in the way they have. What Mr Fenty and the club need to do is to argue positively for the development not turn it into some slanging match which I suspect is what Cllr deFreitas wants.

I get where your coming from OC, but by god she was spouting some cr@p, so hard not to put her right about a few things. Not being abusive or anything like that....

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 38
headingly_mariner
February 22, 2015, 7:39pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,320
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Marinerz93

There is a desperate need for affordable housing in this area and with the flats and surrounding tenements coming down in the next few years the new ground development will go some way towards this.

You can buy wild flower seeds and set an area aside for these and wildlife / nature park.

Is councillor Fenty quite so pro affordable housing in his own ward?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 38
headingly_mariner
February 22, 2015, 7:42pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,320
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from MuddyWaters
I think we have to accept that the arguments need to be made FOR the development rather than respond to the arguments AGAINST. Only a relatively small percentage of the population of NE Lincs go to watch Town and I'm sure many of us have raised arguments against local planning applications we don't like ourselves so we should expect people in the locality to rspond in the way they have. What Mr Fenty and the club need to do is to argue positively for the development not turn it into some slanging match which I suspect is what Cllr deFreitas wants.

Good post that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 38
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
February 22, 2015, 7:55pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,689
Gold Stars: 72
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Thats a good point to be fair, politics aren't won on reasoning with your biggest critics, they're won on selling your best points to the rest, and if we come up with all the best positives, and talk about them constantly, then soon enough every town fan will be soundbyte ready should they be approached by any media, and thats how we should win out in the end. If we all do our best to fill out comment sections on the  telegraph site and on facebook and wherever, with good positive selling points until they sink in, rather than starting arguments with stupid descenters, we'll look like the better side to undecided onlookers
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 38
grimsby pete
February 22, 2015, 8:01pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
We should be giving the doubters all the good things that will come from this development,

Affordable housing for them or their children,

Sports facilities for them and their children,

Jobs for them or their children,

More shops that are convenient for them,

Think of the positives.

All the things they are bringing up are poppycock.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 38
BIGChris
February 22, 2015, 8:08pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Do we KNOW there will be affordable housing included in the plan?

I could see it being built at BP once we leave but somehow I don't think it will be along the Parkway?
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 38
promotion plaice
February 22, 2015, 8:11pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193
To Mr Fenty
[IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/15md4b7.jpg[/IMG]

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 38
grimsby pete
February 22, 2015, 8:34pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from BIGChris
Do we KNOW there will be affordable housing included in the plan?

I could see it being built at BP once we leave but somehow I don't think it will be along the Parkway?

Why not ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 38
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fenty defends plan against "vociferous"

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.