Neilo83
February 15, 2015, 10:53am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +17 / -6
Approval: +263
Gold Stars: 4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVKloRa2_dA

Soft, soft goal McKeown should of done a lot better for me and it looked like the ball went out of play before the guy even crossed it in, doesnt really show the "offside goal" or the penalty tackle so cant really pass judgement on them
Logged Offline
Private Message
Doctor Sanchez
February 15, 2015, 11:14am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +19 / -6
Approval: +638
Gold Stars: 1
How are they able to upload Town's own highlights on Youtube?  It's also better quality than watching it on Mariners Players.

Serial thread killer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 19
arryarryarry
February 15, 2015, 11:15am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,044
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Doctor Sanchez
How are they able to upload Town's own highlights on Youtube?  It's also better quality than watching it on Mariners Players.

It always is better quality on youtube even when Town post them up..
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 19
Doctor Sanchez
February 15, 2015, 11:27am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +19 / -6
Approval: +638
Gold Stars: 1
I've seen on Bristol Rovers' Youtube channel they upload all of the highlights even though their official website also has the Player subscription thing like Mariners Player.  So why can't GTFC do the same?  The video quality is much better on Youtube and can also be watched on your TV.

Serial thread killer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 19
psgmariner
February 15, 2015, 11:37am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Penalty looked harsh and suspicion their goal should have been disallowed. That said the highlights suggest they had the better of the chances.

Private Message
Reply: 4 - 19
zorro_is_a_Mariner
February 15, 2015, 11:48am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +30 / -6
Approval: +1,369
Gold Stars: 4
My mate sat in the ponny with me said we controlled the game and looked the better side, I thought completely the opposite. Who cares if we have more possession we need to make it count and have a few shots at goal. Look at Swansea in the prem against the top sides they have a big shed loads of possession but you look at the stats and the other team has more shots,corners ect. That's were lacking in my opinion we lack penetration in the final third and we don't have enough shots. We need some some flair players ie ( neilson) but are willing to work hard as a unit as well but there not cheap. I think we will make playoffs but it's going to be hard to be honest.

Gtfc all the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 19
arryarryarry
February 15, 2015, 11:59am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,044
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from zorro_is_a_Mariner
My mate sat in the ponny with me said we controlled the game and looked the better side, I thought completely the opposite. Who cares if we have more possession we need to make it count and have a few shots at goal. Look at Swansea in the prem against the top sides they have a big shed loads of possession but you look at the stats and the other team has more shots,corners ect. That's were lacking in my opinion we lack penetration in the final third and we don't have enough shots. We need some some flair players ie ( neilson) but are willing to work hard as a unit as well but there not cheap. I think we will make playoffs but it's going to be hard to be honest.

Tell your mate to pack some night clothes, sit quietly and some men in white coats will be along shortly.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 19
Nelly GTFC
February 15, 2015, 12:15pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,742
Gold Stars: 31
Ball looked as though it had gone over the line to me, what do you think?  Crossed for the eventual goal.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/wKISTpe.jpg[/img]

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 19
Maringer
February 15, 2015, 12:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,506
Gold Stars: 185
The goal was a bit of a jammy deflection. The scuffed cross-shot was heading across goal but the deflection off Robertson took it in at the near post. McKeown didn't have a chance - from my seat, the deflection looked a lot more pronounced than from the angle in the highlights video.

Difficult to say if the ball had gone out before the cross or not, but that still posted by Nelly seems to indicate it may well have done.

As for Hannah's disallowed goal, if you look at the footage, not one of their players appealed for offside until they noticed the linesman had his flag up. I have a feeling we may have been unlucky with that one as well.

They certainly had the better of the game but I'm not convinced we deserved to lose the game. All the major decisions went against us, including the penalty given and the one Jolley wasn't awarded.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 19
Mrs Doyle
February 15, 2015, 1:11pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
We had some rubbish refereeing and officials in this league  and those highlights show just what your up against but credit to Brizzle they sused the ref and us out had by far the most clear cut chances. So on balance yes  they deserved that. Looks highly unlikely we will be in the title chase now but we can help decide who goes up a win against Barnet will really leave things open if Rovers and Macc win.  Town, well with a game in hand we need to secure a playoff place anything else would be a disaster and will almost certainly cost Hurst his job.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 19
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Highlights are up

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.