Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Neilo83, February 15, 2015, 10:53am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVKloRa2_dA

Soft, soft goal McKeown should of done a lot better for me and it looked like the ball went out of play before the guy even crossed it in, doesnt really show the "offside goal" or the penalty tackle so cant really pass judgement on them
Posted by: Doctor Sanchez, February 15, 2015, 11:14am; Reply: 1
How are they able to upload Town's own highlights on Youtube?  It's also better quality than watching it on Mariners Players.
Posted by: arryarryarry, February 15, 2015, 11:15am; Reply: 2
Quoted from Doctor Sanchez
How are they able to upload Town's own highlights on Youtube?  It's also better quality than watching it on Mariners Players.

It always is better quality on youtube even when Town post them up..
Posted by: Doctor Sanchez, February 15, 2015, 11:27am; Reply: 3
I've seen on Bristol Rovers' Youtube channel they upload all of the highlights even though their official website also has the Player subscription thing like Mariners Player.  So why can't GTFC do the same?  The video quality is much better on Youtube and can also be watched on your TV.
Posted by: psgmariner, February 15, 2015, 11:37am; Reply: 4
Penalty looked harsh and suspicion their goal should have been disallowed. That said the highlights suggest they had the better of the chances.
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, February 15, 2015, 11:48am; Reply: 5
My mate sat in the ponny with me said we controlled the game and looked the better side, I thought completely the opposite. Who cares if we have more possession we need to make it count and have a few shots at goal. Look at Swansea in the prem against the top sides they have a big shed loads of possession but you look at the stats and the other team has more shots,corners ect. That's were lacking in my opinion we lack penetration in the final third and we don't have enough shots. We need some some flair players ie ( neilson) but are willing to work hard as a unit as well but there not cheap. I think we will make playoffs but it's going to be hard to be honest.
Posted by: arryarryarry, February 15, 2015, 11:59am; Reply: 6
Quoted from zorro_is_a_Mariner
My mate sat in the ponny with me said we controlled the game and looked the better side, I thought completely the opposite. Who cares if we have more possession we need to make it count and have a few shots at goal. Look at Swansea in the prem against the top sides they have a big shed loads of possession but you look at the stats and the other team has more shots,corners ect. That's were lacking in my opinion we lack penetration in the final third and we don't have enough shots. We need some some flair players ie ( neilson) but are willing to work hard as a unit as well but there not cheap. I think we will make playoffs but it's going to be hard to be honest.

Tell your mate to pack some night clothes, sit quietly and some men in white coats will be along shortly.
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, February 15, 2015, 12:15pm; Reply: 7
Ball looked as though it had gone over the line to me, what do you think?  Crossed for the eventual goal.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/wKISTpe.jpg[/img]
Posted by: Maringer, February 15, 2015, 12:28pm; Reply: 8
The goal was a bit of a jammy deflection. The scuffed cross-shot was heading across goal but the deflection off Robertson took it in at the near post. McKeown didn't have a chance - from my seat, the deflection looked a lot more pronounced than from the angle in the highlights video.

Difficult to say if the ball had gone out before the cross or not, but that still posted by Nelly seems to indicate it may well have done.

As for Hannah's disallowed goal, if you look at the footage, not one of their players appealed for offside until they noticed the linesman had his flag up. I have a feeling we may have been unlucky with that one as well.

They certainly had the better of the game but I'm not convinced we deserved to lose the game. All the major decisions went against us, including the penalty given and the one Jolley wasn't awarded.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, February 15, 2015, 1:11pm; Reply: 9
We had some rubbish refereeing and officials in this league  and those highlights show just what your up against but credit to Brizzle they sused the ref and us out had by far the most clear cut chances. So on balance yes  they deserved that. Looks highly unlikely we will be in the title chase now but we can help decide who goes up a win against Barnet will really leave things open if Rovers and Macc win.  Town, well with a game in hand we need to secure a playoff place anything else would be a disaster and will almost certainly cost Hurst his job.
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, February 15, 2015, 1:16pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Ball looked as though it had gone over the line to me, what do you think?  Crossed for the eventual goal.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/wKISTpe.jpg[/img]

I agree but we're seeing it in slow motion on the highlights and the refs only get a few seconds to make decision, I know the refs and linos in this league are bad but they all make mistakes
Posted by: thevera, February 15, 2015, 1:17pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Maringer
The goal was a bit of a jammy deflection. The scuffed cross-shot was heading across goal but the deflection off Robertson took it in at the near post. McKeown didn't have a chance - from my seat, the deflection looked a lot more pronounced than from the angle in the highlights video.

Difficult to say if the ball had gone out before the cross or not, but that still posted by Nelly seems to indicate it may well have done.

As for Hannah's disallowed goal, if you look at the footage, not one of their players appealed for offside until they noticed the linesman had his flag up. I have a feeling we may have been unlucky with that one as well.

They certainly had the better of the game but I'm not convinced we deserved to lose the game. All the major decisions went against us, including the penalty given and the one Jolley wasn't awarded.

If that still was taken from the Mariners player highlights i think the picture was taken a fraction after the Rovers player crossed it so it appears out but I think it was in the air coming back across goal. On the highlights you can pause as the ball is on the line and It looks tight but unlikely that the forward was going to keep it in. I think the picture you posted is the next frame. Hard to tell!
Posted by: itsnotcoditshaddock, February 15, 2015, 1:26pm; Reply: 12
Can't see Ross off the screen on the offside goal but looks to be tight! I think number 5 could be playing him on.
Posted by: ex-merseymariner, February 15, 2015, 1:40pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Maringer
The goal was a bit of a jammy deflection. The scuffed cross-shot was heading across goal but the deflection off Robertson took it in at the near post. McKeown didn't have a chance - from my seat, the deflection looked a lot more pronounced than from the angle in the highlights video..

Thats what i thought too, that it hit robertson and that took it just away from Mckeown.
We didn't create enough chances, and their goal ultimately came from Clay linking up well, then completely missing the ball, and them countering.
The more I watch the penalty decision, the more I think its wrong  - their player still nearly scored, it was a 50-50 and its not like mckeown took him out; 2 players at speed, one went over.

Posted by: arryarryarry, February 15, 2015, 2:46pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from zorro_is_a_Mariner

I agree but we're seeing it in slow motion on the highlights and the refs only get a few seconds to make decision, I know the refs and linos in this league are bad but they all make mistakes

It was the linesnam that made the decision as I looked straight away at him from the Upper Findus and he clearly waved play on.

Posted by: Mrs Doyle, February 15, 2015, 3:19pm; Reply: 15
From the lower Findus Dawson was giving that Lino the thumbs up and the Lino was laughing ok sour grapes and i am not condoning the alleged verbal abuse he received in a earlier post but he did seem to gloat in winding  us up.
Posted by: immariner, February 15, 2015, 5:19pm; Reply: 16
Definite penalty. McKeown comes out to punch the ball, doesn't punch the ball, punches the man, penalty. I think it's the long pause that makes it seem more controversial than it actually was.

Robertson doesn't close down quickly enough for their goal and it looked out before it was crossed. With the camera work it's not possible to tell if Hannah was offside or not but as it was Hannah I'm sure it was the right call. Great finish though. Any composure he had for the disallowed goal typically escaped him for his chance at the end. I wouldn't have put money on any of our forwards sticking it away in fairness.
Posted by: oldun, February 15, 2015, 5:40pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Neilo83
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVKloRa2_dA

Soft, soft goal McKeown should of done a lot better for me and it looked like the ball went out of play before the guy even crossed it in, doesnt really show the "offside goal" or the penalty tackle so cant really pass judgement on them

Pearson stood off the guy who passed it to the goal scorer. Toto did a nothing header straight to their player. Everyone switched off but they didn't
Posted by: moosey_club, February 15, 2015, 5:55pm; Reply: 18
should have stopped watching after 1:23..the only bit of decent football we had all afternoon, the Hannah offside i thought was close yesterday from the Pontoon but watching the highlights i would say he was, the timing of his run although he dips out of view just looked too early.
Posted by: Tommy, February 16, 2015, 12:05am; Reply: 19
My observations  (having not been at the match):

1) correct decision by the ref for the penalty and to not send McKeown off.

2) I don't particularly rate Hannah but he does get himself into positions where he will get a chance or 2.

3) we really didn't threaten their goal at all.

4) our pitch looks a bit of a state doesn't it
Print page generated: April 16, 2024, 9:56pm