zorro_is_a_Mariner
February 15, 2015, 1:16pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +30 / -6
Approval: +1,369
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Ball looked as though it had gone over the line to me, what do you think?  Crossed for the eventual goal.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/wKISTpe.jpg[/img]

I agree but we're seeing it in slow motion on the highlights and the refs only get a few seconds to make decision, I know the refs and linos in this league are bad but they all make mistakes

Gtfc all the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 19
thevera
February 15, 2015, 1:17pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +991
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Maringer
The goal was a bit of a jammy deflection. The scuffed cross-shot was heading across goal but the deflection off Robertson took it in at the near post. McKeown didn't have a chance - from my seat, the deflection looked a lot more pronounced than from the angle in the highlights video.

Difficult to say if the ball had gone out before the cross or not, but that still posted by Nelly seems to indicate it may well have done.

As for Hannah's disallowed goal, if you look at the footage, not one of their players appealed for offside until they noticed the linesman had his flag up. I have a feeling we may have been unlucky with that one as well.

They certainly had the better of the game but I'm not convinced we deserved to lose the game. All the major decisions went against us, including the penalty given and the one Jolley wasn't awarded.

If that still was taken from the Mariners player highlights i think the picture was taken a fraction after the Rovers player crossed it so it appears out but I think it was in the air coming back across goal. On the highlights you can pause as the ball is on the line and It looks tight but unlikely that the forward was going to keep it in. I think the picture you posted is the next frame. Hard to tell!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 19
itsnotcoditshaddock
February 15, 2015, 1:26pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +312
Can't see Ross off the screen on the offside goal but looks to be tight! I think number 5 could be playing him on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 19
ex-merseymariner
February 15, 2015, 1:40pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,401
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Maringer
The goal was a bit of a jammy deflection. The scuffed cross-shot was heading across goal but the deflection off Robertson took it in at the near post. McKeown didn't have a chance - from my seat, the deflection looked a lot more pronounced than from the angle in the highlights video..

Thats what i thought too, that it hit robertson and that took it just away from Mckeown.
We didn't create enough chances, and their goal ultimately came from Clay linking up well, then completely missing the ball, and them countering.
The more I watch the penalty decision, the more I think its wrong  - their player still nearly scored, it was a 50-50 and its not like mckeown took him out; 2 players at speed, one went over.

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 19
arryarryarry
February 15, 2015, 2:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,044
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from zorro_is_a_Mariner

I agree but we're seeing it in slow motion on the highlights and the refs only get a few seconds to make decision, I know the refs and linos in this league are bad but they all make mistakes

It was the linesnam that made the decision as I looked straight away at him from the Upper Findus and he clearly waved play on.

Private Message
Reply: 14 - 19
Mrs Doyle
February 15, 2015, 3:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
From the lower Findus Dawson was giving that Lino the thumbs up and the Lino was laughing ok sour grapes and i am not condoning the alleged verbal abuse he received in a earlier post but he did seem to gloat in winding  us up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 19
immariner
February 15, 2015, 5:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,413
Gold Stars: 61
Definite penalty. McKeown comes out to punch the ball, doesn't punch the ball, punches the man, penalty. I think it's the long pause that makes it seem more controversial than it actually was.

Robertson doesn't close down quickly enough for their goal and it looked out before it was crossed. With the camera work it's not possible to tell if Hannah was offside or not but as it was Hannah I'm sure it was the right call. Great finish though. Any composure he had for the disallowed goal typically escaped him for his chance at the end. I wouldn't have put money on any of our forwards sticking it away in fairness.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 19
oldun
February 15, 2015, 5:40pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Quoted from Neilo83
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVKloRa2_dA

Soft, soft goal McKeown should of done a lot better for me and it looked like the ball went out of play before the guy even crossed it in, doesnt really show the "offside goal" or the penalty tackle so cant really pass judgement on them

Pearson stood off the guy who passed it to the goal scorer. Toto did a nothing header straight to their player. Everyone switched off but they didn't
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 19
moosey_club
February 15, 2015, 5:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
should have stopped watching after 1:23..the only bit of decent football we had all afternoon, the Hannah offside i thought was close yesterday from the Pontoon but watching the highlights i would say he was, the timing of his run although he dips out of view just looked too early.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 19
Tommy
February 16, 2015, 12:05am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
My observations  (having not been at the match):

1) correct decision by the ref for the penalty and to not send McKeown off.

2) I don't particularly rate Hannah but he does get himself into positions where he will get a chance or 2.

3) we really didn't threaten their goal at all.

4) our pitch looks a bit of a state doesn't it

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 19
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Highlights are up

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.