3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
jimgtfc
February 7, 2015, 5:04pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,092
Gold Stars: 44
Thought I'd save all the idiots time by starting the thread for them.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
ginnywings
February 7, 2015, 5:05pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,111
Gold Stars: 548

Disappointing today but our away record is excellent and FGR are in good form now. Had to give them a helping hand though. They didn't sound that threatening without our help.

Annoying.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 29
grimps
February 7, 2015, 5:08pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,112
Gold Stars: 46
Too late now , anything less than a win at Wembley in May and he'll be gone  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 29
chaos33
February 7, 2015, 5:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
Got ourselves beat. It happens but we can't afford to do that, especially with Barnet and Brizzle both winning.

I don't really expect us to challenge for the title so can't be too surprised or downhearted.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 29
ginnywings
February 7, 2015, 5:18pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from chaos33
Got ourselves beat. It happens but we can't afford to do that, especially with Barnet and Brizzle both winning.

I don't really expect us to challenge for the title so can't be too surprised or downhearted.

Agreed. It's been about the play offs for a long time now IMO. Our hope is that we finally have enough firepower to negotiate the three games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 29
mariner tommy
February 7, 2015, 5:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,870
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from jimgtfc
Thought I'd save all the idiots time by starting the thread for them.

Would you give an arsonist a box of matches to play with ?

You have.

I really do despair of this forum sometimes. It's only the first time we've lost in the league since New Years Day.

UTM

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 29
cmackenzie4
February 7, 2015, 5:24pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
The title was always going to be a long shot but we now need to ensure we finish in the playoffs, I think we will end up finishing 3rd or 4th.

From the evidence of the Barnet game and Eastleigh game it does show that we are a decent team and are hard to beat (on our day)

I would feel more confident in this seasons playoffs with the team we have than last seasons team in the playoffs.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 29
chaos33
February 7, 2015, 5:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
I hope so mate. I think I agree

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 29
FishOutOfWater
February 7, 2015, 5:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from cmackenzie4
The title was always going to be a long shot but we now need to ensure we finish in the playoffs, I think we will end up finishing 3rd or 4th.

From the evidence of the Barnet game and Eastleigh game it does show that we are a decent team and are hard to beat (on our day)

I would feel more confident in this seasons playoffs with the team we have than last seasons team in the playoffs.

If that is the case come the end of the season Chris I hope this time we actually do go for third and not just settle for fourth like we definitely did last season

I really do believe by finishing third , so going to Gateshead first and then having them at home in the second leg, they'd have been there for the taking

So this time around, if the play offs it is, given our away form I would think we could go anywhere confidently in the first leg and then bring the house down when we get back to BP with whoever it might be
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 8 - 29
ginnywings
February 7, 2015, 5:51pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from mariner tommy

Would you give an arsonist a box of matches to play with ?

You have.

I really do despair of this forum sometimes. It's only the first time we've lost in the league since New Years Day.

UTM

I think the phrase is "lighten up". It was clearly tongue in cheek.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 29
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst Out

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.