grimps
February 7, 2015, 5:55pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,116
Gold Stars: 46
Lets hope Barnet and Bristol have to go hammer and tongs for the title all the way to the last game , this could result in one of them having a few injury's suspensions ect.Hopefully one or two of the teams below us will do the same trying to get in the play offs.
If we can qualify for the play off with two or three games to spare we could have a rested team with no suspensions.

Just trying to be positive  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 29
Mrs Doyle
February 7, 2015, 5:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Don't think the break did us any favours when your on a run the games can't come fast enough tough month lets see we are at the end of it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 29
promotion plaice
February 7, 2015, 7:59pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,049
Gold Stars: 197
You have to buy your way out of the conference, and let's face it our hairs on the back of your neck signing is a FGR reject

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 29
forza ivano
February 7, 2015, 8:40pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,173
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

If that is the case come the end of the season Chris I hope this time we actually do go for third and not just settle for fourth like we definitely did last season

I really do believe by finishing third , so going to Gateshead first and then having them at home in the second leg, they'd have been there for the taking

So this time around, if the play offs it is, given our away form I would think we could go anywhere confidently in the first leg and then bring the house down when we get back to BP with whoever it might be

Suspect more realistic would be to hold them to draw or narrow defeat away and then fail miserably in front of a packed n passionate bp. That's the way it's always been hasn't it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 29
Caesar
February 7, 2015, 9:04pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
was dreading coming onto the Fishy for threads like this, so pleased tongue is firmly in cheek from OP!

Annoyed at myself really for hoping for the title, knew it was a long shot and we have made it hard for ourselves with inconsistent results early in the season and over new year but it is so easy to get carried away. Knew in reality I have to hope for the playoffs, and Hurst has shown that we can beat anyone on our day, hope the next 2 weeks give us some better days!

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 29
arryarryarry
February 7, 2015, 10:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
I can't comment on today's game as unfortunately I had other matters to deal with so couldn't go, all I will say is from the start of the season I never thought we were good enough to win the league and listening to Paul Hurst's after match interview whether he ever did he sounds now like he doesn't think we will.

To catch Barnet we need a winning run of 6 or 7 games on the trot but I don't think we have that in us. Certainly failure to win the next four and anyone on here still thinking it is possible must give up that thought.

We are looking a good bet for the play-offs but we still have to beat those just below us or there is still a possibility that we may yet be overtaken.

As for the title of the thread, certainly failure to get a play-off spot and he will be gone, even if we get there but fail in the play-offs he will likely be an ex GTFC manager.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 29
easypeersy
February 7, 2015, 10:57pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 11
Very disappointing result today.
I can look back at about six games or so that we could and should've won this season.
Too many silly goals let in and not attack minded football. It was a pleasure to watch the team beatingbBarnetband Eastleigh recently.
Such a shame we slipped up,again.
I do believe we have the grit and determination to get our spot in the playoffs.
Then it is again a lottery.
Can we do it this time?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 29
Abdul19
February 7, 2015, 11:07pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,555
Gold Stars: 216
The playoffs aren't a lottery, they're cup ties.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 29
GrimRob
February 7, 2015, 11:22pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Abdul19
The playoffs aren't a lottery, they're cup ties.

That's an oxymoron. Any match between two closely contested teams (which play-off opponents clearly are) is a coin toss over two legs. Today's game, a possible play-off match could easily have been a home win, draw or away win on any given day.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 19 - 29
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst Out

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.